Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Right now I have my calendar, contacts and email hosted threw the Google Apps for your Domain System. Interestingly on the iPhone the calendar and contacts sync over the air via the Microsoft Active Sync to Google. I have not been able to find out anywhere if Synergy will work with the Google Apps. It is not a Google Account like you get with Gmail. I thought I could use the Palms Active Sync like the iPhone does if it does not sync naturally threw Synergy.
    What I am trying to avoid is getting it on the 6th and my Calendar and Contacts do not sync. I will be porting my phone number over and do not want to have to return the phone.
    Anybody have any info on this would be great.
    i wonder - will Google support OTA ActiveSync for Pre?
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Mmm, or bluetooth ActiveSync to a PC
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Google Apps uses the same login and password combo for ALL google services. You're good to go. I can guarantee that you'll have no problem, with either your mail or calendar. Rest assured they will sync just fine.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Google is now offering it for the Centro. Since they have a lot of programmers it would not be hard for them to sync with Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by philpalm View Post
    Google is now offering it for the Centro. Since they have a lot of programmers it would not be hard for them to sync with Pre.
    link? where do you see this? i don't see PalmOS or centro.

Google Mobile
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It works..... don't worry.
  8.    #8  
    I don't think the Google apps login is a universal login for all the google services. For instance, if I try to log into the Picasa web album with my Google Apps login and password it says user and password is in correct. If you look at this link
    Google Accounts : Google Apps vs. Google Accounts - Accounts Help
    You will see that the two accounts have differences.
    So, I don't know. I had this problem with a mobile phone I had in the past that had a Google Mobile app. When I tried to sign in with the Google apps login it would not work.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Google Sync works with winmo and blackberrys now.
    Google licensed Microsoft's Exchange Activesync (EAS) and uses that for Google Sync. So, if your phone supports EAS, then it supports Google Sync. The Pre will support EAS and thus Google Sync.

If I'm not mistaking your question, you'll be covered. Goole Apps also supports EAS, as outlined here:

Google Sync via ActiveSync - Google Apps Help
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Google Apps syncs with the Pre using the standard sync services. If I use IMAP my login would be:
    User: user@mydomain.com (instead of user@gmail.com)
    Password: Password
    Server: imap.gmail.com
    Port (SSL Required): 993
    SMTP: smtp.gmail.com
    Port (TLS): 465 or 587

It works on the Pre... Calendar and Email.... TRUST ME!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Google Apps syncs with the Pre using the standard sync services. If I use IMAP my login would be:
    User: user@mydomain.com (instead of user@gmail.com)
    Password: Password
    Server: imap.gmail.com
    Port (SSL Required): 993
    SMTP: smtp.gmail.com
    Port (TLS): 465 or 587

It works on the Pre... Calendar and Email.... TRUST ME!!!!
    Do you have a Pre? If so may I please have it.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-D View Post
    No Pre.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-D View Post

Hahaha! That response made me laugh out loud!

You should make that your signature!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Any with the SDK can confirm google apps and not regular gmail works?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    No one will admit to having the SDK. The best we can do is go off of examples. Google Apps is just a regular IMAP connection with the same server settings I listed above. It will work just fine.... *wink, wink*
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Google licensed Microsoft's Exchange Activesync (EAS) and uses that for Google Sync. So, if your phone supports EAS, then it supports Google Sync. The Pre will support EAS and thus Google Sync.

If I'm not mistaking your question, you'll be covered. Goole Apps also supports EAS, as outlined here:

Google Sync via ActiveSync - Google Apps Help
    false - see discussion link below - i suggested an attempt and others (alli flowers) have tried to Centro EAS sync to Gmail for PIM and it didn't work. and PalmOS isnt listed under device. Pre might be listed eventually. you would think it would work if its a standard EAS protocol but it does not - someone suggested it was because of lack of Mail.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...c-via-eas.html
    Without using EAS will it support custom Google Apps domains for Calendars and contacts just like a normal @gmail.com account? This is a pretty important one for me. I have two personal domains and my company uses a Google Apps domain as well.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolguynet View Post
    Without using EAS will it support custom Google Apps domains for Calendars and contacts just like a normal @gmail.com account? This is a pretty important one for me. I have two personal domains and my company uses a Google Apps domain as well.
    Still waiting for an answer on this myself, before forking over the money for a Pre. My company uses Google Apps for Domains and I need to be able to access my calendar and contacts on my phone, ideally without having to use a web browser. Not so much worried about mail, cause I can always IMAP that.

I have had issues before with signing into things with my domain (user@ourdomain.com) vs. Gmail (user@gmail.com) with other services. I hope this is not the case with the Pre.

I mean google apps specifically has a feature for syncing with the iphone, but how are the Pre users going to do this?

http://tinyurl.com/osmnvc
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    read my posts above!!! I'll buy your pre for you if it doesn't work....
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast