Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyo811 View Post
    THe device is supposed to support IMAP IDLE push email like blackberries...anyone know how to set this up for google apps for domains email?
    When it asks for your Gmail address, enter your Google Apps full email address. Worked like a charm for me.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Well all of the Google Apps loaded fine (email, calendar, contacts), however I have noticed that my contacts and calendar are NOT auto syncing, like the Sprint rep told me they would every 24 hours. I have added some items to my calendars and they aren't showing up on my phone, even after more than 24 hours. Any thoughts?
    I've been dealing with the sync issues as well.

See here (sorry for no clickable links - I'm working on my first 10 posts):
    forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/182485-anyone-used-synergy-google-apps-domains.html

and on the palm support site:

forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=Synergy&thread.id=423

I'll try to post any progress on all these threads.

Here's my latest update, in case anyone else is dealing with this issue. After being escalated twice, I was told that Palm was aware of some issues with Google apps for domains accounts and that they were working with Google on a solution. I don't know how accurate this is, but as of mid-afternoon (Eastern time) June 9, the rep said they were hoping to have a solution in the next 48 hours. That would mean the 11th (today) - of course, I'm a developer, so I know that "we're hoping to have a solution in the next 48 hours" isn't a commitment to a fix by then. If I get it working, I'll put the solution up here (even if it's "try it again now").
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nora View Post
    Well all of the Google Apps loaded fine (email, calendar, contacts), however I have noticed that my contacts and calendar are NOT auto syncing, like the Sprint rep told me they would every 24 hours. I have added some items to my calendars and they aren't showing up on my phone, even after more than 24 hours. Any thoughts?
    My issue was resolved by removing the calendar and adding it back again. Apparently, what I have found out from other forums, is the web os update that we did (if you did it and are having this issue) did something to the calendar. Simply removing the account, from the calendar app, and readding it back solved the issue and it has worked beautifully for days. Yes, I have google apps for my domain! No problems with syncing since Monday or so.

And with emails set to "as they arrive" my phone notifies me that I have an email BEFORE my computer does most of the time!
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Google Apps syncs with the Pre using the standard sync services. If I use IMAP my login would be:
    Password: Password
    Server: imap.gmail.com
    Port (SSL Required): 993
    SMTP: smtp.gmail.com
    Port (TLS): 465 or 587

It works on the Pre... Calendar and Email.... TRUST ME!!!!
    Thanks much, this worked beautifully. I had an initial panic when it didn't recognize my account for mail, but with the above settings, it works great.
    Google just released an API / plug-in for Outlook as well to work with Google Apps Premiere addition.

Google is saying it will work / sync with Outlook just like Exchange does.

Google Apps Outlook Sync for Microsoft Outlook
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonhtp View Post
    Google just released an API / plug-in for Outlook as well to work with Google Apps Premiere addition.

Google is saying it will work / sync with Outlook just like Exchange does.

Google Apps Outlook Sync for Microsoft Outlook

i think this just lets you move your exchange server info to google domains. you run the app from the users desktop, and they are non the wiser on where their email is actually store or comes from.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i think this just lets you move your exchange server info to google domains. you run the app from the users desktop, and they are non the wiser on where their email is actually store or comes from.

This is from their data sheet.

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/b...tlook-sync.pdf

Overview
    Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook is a plug-in for Outlook 2003 and 2007 that
    synchronizes email, calendar, and contacts data with Google Apps. It provides access
    to Global Address List data and enables users to schedule meetings by looking up when
    attendees are free or busy. It also includes a simple, two-click migration utility which
    enables users to easily copy their data from a previous Outlook data source, such as
    Microsoft Exchange servers.
    IMAP users will notice a significant performance improvement with Google Apps Sync
    for Microsoft Outlook, which includes a high-performance synchronizer built upon MAPI,
    a low-level interface to Microsoft Outlook. It also uses an efficient email synchronization
    protocol, originally used in offline Gmail. Users can further optimize Outlook performance
    by specifying the size of the local copy of their Gmail mailbox.
    Nora - are you having any issues with events being created on your pre not syncing out to your google calendar?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonhtp View Post
    This is from their data sheet.

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/b...tlook-sync.pdf
    (snip)
    Does anyone know if you can turn off individual items, like not syncing mail? I want to sync to my work account, but don't really want to get all the emails (I get a whole bunch!)
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Nora - are you having any issues with events being created on your pre not syncing out to your google calendar?
    Yes! Still having issues with that. So I went ahead and removed and reinstalled the calendar account, like I did before, which fixed it before, and now ALL of my google calendar events are gone! None are showing up at all!!!! Suggestions. I even deleted the contact profile, and email profile, and reset up the ENTIRE account like they did at the store and still nothing. And too make matters worse, now my MAIN email account (which I deleted and reinstalled for this garbage) is at the BOTTOM of my email list, which really ticks me off. No way to rearrange the email account list without removing and reinstalling each account it seems.

At this point I have NO FUNCTIONING CALENDAR on my PRE!!!!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234