Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Akula34, I have the same setup and my Instinct works perfectly with it. Because you don't have two accts on imap.gmail.com (only your Apps acct), it only recog the Apps acct. Same w/ cal and contacts.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Does it matter if you have a google apps standard account or a google apps premier account? Will the standard account sync with the pre? On googles website only the premier apps page lists mobile features.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Standard works just fine.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Akula: I am in the process of setting up my Google Apps account, but it won't be set up until next week. If I set up my Pre using my Gmail account, will I later be able to add my Google Apps account and have full email, calendar and contacts functionality for both?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubaruba View Post
    Akula: I am in the process of setting up my Google Apps account, but it won't be set up until next week. If I set up my Pre using my Gmail account, will I later be able to add my Google Apps account and have full email, calendar and contacts functionality for both?
    Absolutely!! The nice part of the Pre is that it just pull information from the source (cloud). As long as you don't remove information from that source, you can add and delete that account as many times as you like.

You're good to go!

Why is your Google Apps account going to take so long? It should be setup instantly. The only item that might take some time is if you need to modify the pointers for your custom domain.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Absolutely!! The nice part of the Pre is that it just pull information from the source (cloud). As long as you don't remove information from that source, you can add and delete that account as many times as you like.

You're good to go!

Why is your Google Apps account going to take so long? It should be setup instantly. The only item that might take some time is if you need to modify the pointers for your custom domain.
    Thanks! I have someone else managing and hosting my custom domain. They are going to set up the subdomain to confirm that I own the domain name, but it will take the weekend and if they didnt get it set up today, it wont get done until Monday. Once thats done I have to get the MX information changed. Then I will be good to go.

I am SO EXCITED to get my Pre and to stop using Outlook and WinMo for good!

Thanks for the great information.

Matt
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubaruba View Post
    Thanks! I have someone else managing and hosting my custom domain. They are going to set up the subdomain to confirm that I own the domain name, but it will take the weekend and if they didnt get it set up today, it wont get done until Monday. Once thats done I have to get the MX information changed. Then I will be good to go.

I am SO EXCITED to get my Pre and to stop using Outlook and WinMo for good!

Thanks for the great information.

Matt
    My pleasure. Let me know if you run into any users. I've been around here since I had the Treo 600.

Good luck tomorrow!
    I cant get my google apps for domains email to work. I have entered the IMAP settings under a new "gmail" account on the pre and it just says "cannot verify".

Any ideas?

I called Palm support and oh boy, on a Saturday the guy barely knew they had come out with the Pre let alone what Google Apps was
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Don't set it up as IMAP. Do it as gmail account, logging in with your full domain email address. Works great!
    But will it PUSH the email to the device then using the "IMAP IDLE" function?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyo811 View Post
    But will it PUSH the email to the device then using the "IMAP IDLE" function?
    With it configured as IMAP I'm not seeing a push.
    THe device is supposed to support IMAP IDLE push email like blackberries...anyone know how to set this up for google apps for domains email?
    Hrmm when I setup my mail account I didn't get the option for gmail, just pop, imap, and exchange.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyo811 View Post
    THe device is supposed to support IMAP IDLE push email like blackberries...anyone know how to set this up for google apps for domains email?
    Hmm. Gotcha. That I don't know. I just added a Google account and was good to go. All of my google domain apps synced nicely -- emails, calendar, contacts. As a matter of fact, the Sprint rep said mine was the easiest sync he had seen thus far.

I have mine set to check emails every 15 minutes. I wouldn't mind push, but don't really have a need for it. Its much more important for me that all of my contacts and calendar on Google Apps sync.
    Works great if you set it up in contacts initially instead of through email or calender!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulg1981 View Post
    Works great if you set it up in contacts initially instead of through email or calender!
    That's right! I was trying to remember how the Sprint rep did that. He did contacts first... not email! Once he did that, all emails and calendars from my google apps for domains pulled in great!
    Quote Originally Posted by nora View Post
    That's right! I was trying to remember how the Sprint rep did that. He did contacts first... not email! Once he did that, all emails and calendars from my google apps for domains pulled in great!
    Yep, it's counter-intuitive at the moment. Most folks probably set up email first, and it's the one of the three you can't use (calendars works as well, flowing to everything).
    Yes, but does it support multiple calendars from one service. I looked at the demo unit today and I am aware that it supports multiple calendars with one calendar per service (ie. exchange, gmail, facebook) but does it support more than one calendar per login. I could not find this answer anywhere nor could I find an area in setup or the like where one could add additional calendars for at least 'read-only'
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Yes. I have eight calenders on my Google Apps login
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Yes. I have eight calenders on my Google Apps login
    How did you add them?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast