1.    #1  
    Novell's web site has information about the new version of the GroupWise Mobile Server. The article indicates that it will likely be compatible with the Pre.

As you are all already aware, the core protocol is going to be ActiveSync, which means that any device with an ActiveSync client will be able to talk natively to GroupWise.
    We fully anticipate that Palm Pre will also eventually ship with an ActiveSync client in order to remain relevant in the handheld device market. We anticpate release towards the end of this year, though GMS continues to be supported by Novell in the interim, and we will give customers a migration window to make the cut over.
    this is great. our hospital uses groupwise.
    This will be great in a few months.

For now I think my GW sync strategy is going to be to use Companionlink to sync to Google. That takes care of contacts and calendar. I have an old desktop I will just leave on.

Now about the email.... Anyone know if I can use IMAP or something to pull email off a Groupwise server?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    This will be great in a few months.

For now I think my GW sync strategy is going to be to use Companionlink to sync to Google. That takes care of contacts and calendar. I have an old desktop I will just leave on.

Now about the email.... Anyone know if I can use IMAP or something to pull email off a Groupwise server?
    Sure, GroupWise supports IMAP, but some admins disable it. You'll need to check with your GW administrator.
    ^ Excellent. Thanks!

I like the push of my Blackberry but if I can sync every 15-30 minutes or so I should be ok for a while. I just need to get my email somehow.

The other features of the Pre are more important on balance to me than push corporate email.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sure, GroupWise supports IMAP, but some admins disable it. You'll need to check with your GW administrator.
    Ask your IT department to look at the new "Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack" solution from Novell. This will allow the current ActiveSync client technology built into most smart phones (iPhone, Android, Palm Pre, etc) to sync to Novell GroupWise 8 and >. Your IT department can test this today in their test lab to a Palm Pre based phone and many other smart phones - see Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack Technology Preview
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    We just set that preview up at work and i haven't gotten it to work with the pre yet. Got the self signed cert imported into my Pre and set up the exchange account, but nothing syncs over. not sure why yet.
    Although I get all my mail now without a mobile server. U can just go set up an imap mail client. Put in ur works mail sever. It works fine. It's built in too
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    Although I get all my mail now without a mobile server. U can just go set up an imap mail client. Put in ur works mail sever. It works fine. It's built in too
    Yes, I've been doing this since I got my Pre. It's the calendar (and contacts) that's a bit trickier.

Mobility Pack - Tech Preview - NOVELL FORUMS

There's a thread here specifically on the Palm Pre. Sounds like the latest builds of the mobility server work pretty well. I just need to get our groupwise admin kicked in the pants enough to upgrade to the latest build.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Anyone out there been playing with this any more? The latest build from today seems to work fairly well with my Pre. Makes my calendar kinda laggy and if i make a calendar event on my iPad it doesn't ever sync over to the Pre. If i make a calendar event on my Pre it does sync to the iPad. Very weird.

We'll see how it goes for awhile.