1.    #1  
    Hey guys,
    With the exciting news of this morning we've all been waiting for, I decided to start preparing my life (calendar, contacts) for the pre (sounds so dramatic right?).

First off I have a mac and I use iCal because I like the interface better than google calendars. I figured out how to setup CalDav and it works very well, except that I don't quite understand a couple of things that maybe you guys can help me out with.

Am I not allowed to sync my original iCal calendar with googleCal? It seems like to me the only calendars I can sync are the google.com delegated ones (it made a new calendar on my iCal calendars and that was the only one that syncs), but I would like to sync all of my calendars on iCal with gCal Is there anyway I can convert my iCal calendars so that they would sync with googleCal?

I'm really sorry if this is confusing, but its kind of hard to explain.

Thanks for the help!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the reply,
    I've seen that, but it only adds what's currently on my calendar. The beauty of CalDav is that whatever I add to iCal automatically adds it to google calendar, vice-versa.
  4. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    thanks for the reply,
    I've seen that, but it only adds what's currently on my calendar. The beauty of CalDav is that whatever I add to iCal automatically adds it to google calendar, vice-versa.
    Sounds like you have it solved? I too would like to sync iCal with google so that I can use iCal with the Pre (since I can't use Palm Desktop!) and what you said sounds promising, did you get it to work that way? (one of these days I'll start trying it for myself)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    thanks for the reply,
    Yes, you export from iCal, import into Google, and then set up the sync with CalDAV. This creates a new calendar that you edit and sync - the old one can be deleted, hidden, archived, whatever.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  6.    #6  
    oook I see what you mean. I never thought about doing it that way, thanks!
  7.    #7  
    Tuz,
    It works very well, just use this
    Get Started with CalDAV - Google Calendar Help

and folllow the directions. it works like magic.