Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Any further indication of whether or not the Pre can sync with a Mac? Or does the over the air syncing solve all of that?
    As of yet, there have been no announced handheld-to-device sync solutions. So OTA will solve all that.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    By over the air I am hoping Exchange Active Sync. Do we know if in doing so the Pre supports push mail using Active Sync?
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    By over the air I am hoping Exchange Active Sync. Do we know if in doing so the Pre supports push mail using Active Sync?
    Yes, it does.

http://www.precentral.net/ask-precen...ill-i-sync-mac
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks. That's a helpful article.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Thanks. That's a helpful article.
    I wasn't able to get Yahoo calendar to work using the linked instructions.

I'm still hoping for contact and calendar sync with MobileMe. Google addresses are a mess. They have only one field for name - no first, middle, and last name fields. Google calendars seem OK.

It will be interesting to see what the Data Transfer Assistant will do for Mac users. It sounds like it is designed to get data off an old Palm to the Pre.

Also need more details about the Palm backup service.

For data not backed up on the Palm OTA backup, I'll try using iDisk.

Still a few unanswered questions for Mac users, but I think we will find solutions.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    There is just about 0 chance of Mobile Me integration. Buy an iPhone.

There are several free or very cheap hosted Exchange services out there that, I think, will be getting a lot of attention as people start realizing how much better OTA syncing really is.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I wasn't able to get Yahoo calendar to work using the linked instructions.

I'm still hoping for contact and calendar sync with MobileMe. Google addresses are a mess. They have only one field for name - no first, middle, and last name fields. Google calendars seem OK.

It will be interesting to see what the Data Transfer Assistant will do for Mac users. It sounds like it is designed to get data off an old Palm to the Pre.

Also need more details about the Palm backup service.

For data not backed up on the Palm OTA backup, I'll try using iDisk.

Still a few unanswered questions for Mac users, but I think we will find solutions.
    I use MobileMe too but I also doubt there'll be any syncing with the Pre. I plan on purchasing Spanning Sync (Spanning Sync - Sync iCal and Google Calendar) and having my iCal and Address Book on my Mac synced with Google. It's as close as it gets to Pre/Mac syncing...for now. Biggest downside is it's $25/year or $65 for one-time purchase.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 04/30/2009 at 08:45 AM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001