Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Will the Pre support Microsoft Exchange natively or will I need a 3rd party application/add-on/extension/etc.?

If native, will it support syncing contacts, calendar, tasks and notes as well as email?

TIA
    Natively, as part of the magic of Synergy. At the very least, I'm certain that contacts, calendars, and email will be synced, but I'm not sure I've seen anything about tasks or notes.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Saw in a demo video that tasks will also sync. Not sure about notes, but it seems silly to leave them out when everything else is syncing.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Saw in a demo video that tasks will also sync. Not sure about notes, but it seems silly to leave them out when everything else is syncing.
    Even WinMo devices don't sync notes OTA. Don't expect the Pre to sync them either.
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    Even WinMo devices don't sync notes OTA. Don't expect the Pre to sync them either.
    Seems dumb, doesn't it? I mean, why not sync them? They take up almost no space. They're in a folder just like everything else. I can sync them via Outlook. Is there some reason why the Exchange server can't detect changes in Notes? For the Pre, this seems like it will be necessary, otherwise there may not be a way to get your notes (since no desktop sync with Outlook has been announced except via EAS).
    EAS does not sync notes. Only Microsoft knows why.
    So, as far we know, it appears there is no native sync, OTA or local, for memos or notes on the Pre? *Start Rant* IMO This is as boneheaded as leaving out the SD card, even worse, since arguably Palm might assert a commercial benefit for no SD card, to-wit: customers increase memory only by purchasing a new Pre model. But, why would Palm want to cut-off functionality for memos? *Ok Rant over* How about Google Docs, wouldn't that make sense?
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    So, as far we know, it appears there is no native sync, OTA or local, for memos or notes on the Pre? *Start Rant* IMO This is as boneheaded as leaving out the SD card, even worse, since arguably Palm might assert a commercial benefit for no SD card, to-wit: customers increase memory only by purchasing a new Pre model. But, why would Palm want to cut-off functionality for memos? *Ok Rant over* How about Google Docs, wouldn't that make sense?
    Give Evernote a look.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Give Evernote a look.
    Thanks mobileguy. Just did and Evernote looks pretty slick. Kinda missing that Zen of Palm, but I guess that went out with PalmOS. But yeah, Evernote looks good, hope it plays well with the Pre.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    Thanks mobileguy. Just did and Evernote looks pretty slick. Kinda missing that Zen of Palm, but I guess that went out with PalmOS. But yeah, Evernote looks good, hope it plays well with the Pre.
    The iPhone version is very very good. I bet the come out with a similar Pre version. If not, you can use their mobile web portal.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    thanx everyone!