Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    So, we know the Pre will be able to sync with Exchange (EAS), but is there any word on whether it will allow to sync with multiple Exchange accounts?

Might seem trivial, but given that even Windows Mobile does not allow this and you can find many forum threads asking Microsoft for this ability, I thought it would be great to finally have this feature.

I'm currently using a Treo Pro. I have 2 exchange servers that I need to sync with. Right now I'm using SEVEN beta, which has been very helpful, but working directly with Exchange would be ideal.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has this info or can find out!
    I think it is doubtful. As you said, even MS doesnt support this.

I think a shared plan and 2 Pre's are in your future if you require this functionality.
    I agree, it'd be great, but I don't see it happening myself.
    Actually, although it may not support it out of the box, I think the Pre is the first device that has the potential to support multiple Exchange accounts. It's already syncing multiple calendars, pulling contact information from multiple sources, and so forth. Plus it has multi-tasking, so it could be running two instances of EAS. There could be licensing issues or other practical impediments that I don't understand, but it seems like it should be able to do it.
    EAS requires an open port to be maintaned between device and server. If it requires the same port, I do not see how you can have multiple accounts.
    Is it not possible for two programs to use the same port at the same time if they are listening to different IP addresses? I'm sure someone else around here knows more than I do about such things.
    On a WM 6.0 or higher device you can sync with multiple Exchange account. All you need to do is to modify & enable registry NonLocalCrossPolination or something like that. Search in Treo 750 forum, thread started by sasnil. For the Pre, until the device is launched & used, your guess is as good as anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    On a WM 6.0 or higher device you can sync with multiple Exchange account. All you need to do is to modify & enable registry NonLocalCrossPolination or something like that. Search in Treo 750 forum, thread started by sasnil. For the Pre, until the device is launched & used, your guess is as good as anyone else.
    I might be wrong, but I think this setting allows 1 ota sync, and 1 local sync to two different EAS servers. For the pre, you would need two ota syncs.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I might be wrong, but I think this setting allows 1 ota sync, and 1 local sync to two different EAS servers. For the pre, you would need two ota syncs.
    I think that's exactly right. You can tweak WM to sync to an Exchange server over the air, and then sync via activesync to a local Outlook/Exchange, but can't have both over the air. At least from what I understand.
    i just want the option to choose what i want to sync via EAS vs. LOCAL - ie -

EAS
    Mail - YES or NO
    Contacts - YES or NO
    Calendar - YES or NO
    Tasks - YES or NO
    Memos - NO

LOCAL
    Mail - YES or NO
    Contacts - YES or NO
    Calendar - YES or NO
    Tasks - YES or NO
    Memos - YES

bottom line is, i want the ability to sync MAIL via EAS and to continue to sync everything else locally - to Palm Desktop OR MS Outlook. (EAS doesn't do Memos AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK)

WM allows choice. current Palm Versamail EAS does not - ie it's an "all or nothing" proposition.