1.    #1  
    Not sure if anyone knows the answer to these email related pre questions but just curious:

- Does the Pre have a indicator light on the phone that notifies you of an email? On my old 755p the green light can be set to appear if there is an email. I can't stand the iPhone since it has no such indicator.

- Does the pre support "Push" email for IMAP accounts? On my 755P with my IMAP I could have Chatter push the email to me (not to be confused with me checking for email every 15 minutes or so). This is another frustration I have with the iPhone as I can only have it "check" for IMAP emails every 15 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlmeyer73 View Post
    Not sure if anyone knows the answer to these email related pre questions but just curious:

- Does the Pre have a indicator light on the phone that notifies you of an email? On my old 755p the green light can be set to appear if there is an email. I can't stand the iPhone since it has no such indicator.

- Does the pre support "Push" email for IMAP accounts? On my 755P with my IMAP I could have Chatter push the email to me (not to be confused with me checking for email every 15 minutes or so). This is another frustration I have with the iPhone as I can only have it "check" for IMAP emails every 15 minutes.
    i dont think anybody knows the first question yet. with regards to the second, it should support push email for gmail imap currently. Don't know that other imap will be pushed, unless maybe its an imap idle server.
    Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, there have been quite a few threads on here discussing as to whether there will be a visual notification on the Pre. We are all hoping that the center button, which does light up, may be used to serve as a notification light, but so far, there hasn't been any concrete confirmation whether it will or won't. I really do hope it will! Palm went through the trouble of making the thing light up everytime you do something in the gesture area to confirm that it "understood" your gesture, so why wouldn't they do the obvious, and logical, and use that pretty button to let us know if we have email, or a voice or text message?

We'll find out soon enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, there have been quite a few threads on here discussing as to whether there will be a visual notification on the Pre. We are all hoping that the center button, which does light up, may be used to serve as a notification light, but so far, there hasn't been any concrete confirmation whether it will or won't. I really do hope it will! Palm went through the trouble of making the thing light up everytime you do something in the gesture area to confirm that it "understood" your gesture, so why wouldn't they do the obvious, and logical, and use that pretty button to let us know if we have email, or a voice or text message?

We'll find out soon enough!
    It will be interesting to see if the API would support modifying the behavior of that notification light. If so, that could allow for some nice 3rd party "notification modification" apps.
    -Tony