Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    whats realy pathetic is that people have complained about Garnet and POS for years now, its old, out dated, doesnt funtion in todays world (The cloud) wont multi task blah blah blah, then when they do come out with somthing new and perhaps inovative every one wants the old Garnet version, maybe not exactly but thats what they want.
    the easy solution would be Windows PPC, and outlook, oh wait you would need to buy outlook thats a little pricy.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    783 Global Posts
    My issue is getting our IT folks at my work to open our Exchange server to the internet, as it currently is not. Until that happens, I'll have to use one of these workarounds.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    If I'm not mistaken, Google only syncs Outlook calendar entries, not tasks or notes or contacts. Definitely not an ideal solution.
    Google does sync contacts. And then it works beautifully to tie in with Google voice!
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Google only syncs Outlook calendar entries, not tasks or notes or contacts. Definitely not an ideal solution.
    If you where to use companionlink to sync between Outlook and Google it will sync Calendar events, and your contacts as contacts in GMail, it will sync Tasks but it syncs them as Calendar entries, but it does work kind of cool, if you make an entry on your handheld in the Calendar as: Task: Whatever you want, it will show up in Google calendar as a calendar entry, but it will sync to your Outlook program as a Task in Tasks, When I called customer support about Tasks, they told me they where working on syncing with Google Tasks, that would be ok, then I think Goosync said they where working on the same thing, that would be almost complete.
    I do wish though that there was a way to do Notes, I use Notes more then I use Tasks, and I would love to be able to update on my desktop, and have them sync to my Handheld.
    Terry
    Don't know about others, but notes is huge. I have a ton of notes. Just the fact that this topic has generated so much chatter, seems like it would've just made sense to keep a simple desktop sync. Bottom line seems to be that cloud sync, while cool and continuous, just seems to have a hole or two and for many requires some workarounds and complete abandonment of the simple way they used to do things. Allow a more planned migration to the cloud if the user chooses.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I personally don't have an issue with synching to Google directly, hell I'm syncing my Palm Desktop to my Google Calendar anyways. Since it has Wi-Fi, I can just simply do so when I'm near a hotspot or at home, and if anything that makes things even simpler, and eliminates the need of a dock. If I'm in range at home, I can sync.

The real issue is whether you trust your information with Google and such. If cloud syncing is the only option, Palm is potentially losing out the crowd who refuses to trust big corporations and free services.

If I was Palm, I would offer the ability where I can sync via Bluetooth to PC. Palm can just throw in each box a Bluetooth adapter, those things are worth peanuts anyways these days. Include OBEX support, poof, local sync problem solved. Alternatively, the device can sync to desktop via Wi-Fi, just not up the internet and down again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12