Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    ... Another, the CEO is shady and has allegations following him. It's alleged he stole the idea from friends, he claimed it as his and his alone when it was really a collaboration.
    Diva -- though you know BARYE's devotion to you is boundless, I think you have the facts in regard to these allegations a tiny bit off.

My understanding is that he was hired as a programmer to write code on behalf of other Harvard students who were intent on creating a similar, but non-identical application.

There was no contract between them, nor a formal non-compete etc.

The last I heard the court case against Zuckerberg was going nowhere.
    Last edited by BARYE; 03/08/2009 at 02:28 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  2.    #22  
    I'm still not sure he's "innocent". Why did he fight to keep certain records pertaining to this incident out of the public eye? Likely because it makes him look bad. Maybe like a person whom you can trust to steal your idea? So maybe legally the court case is going nowhere since he wasn't bound by a formal contract, but I have to tell you, this stinks IMO.

P.. I just found an article claiming that he settled.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/inde...&NewsID=110836

This article says the claim is he kept stalling on the ConnectU project until he could release Facebook by himself. I did think they were all friends from another article that I can't find, but maybe they just knew him and hired him. I still don't think he was ethical in this matter. It seems to me he did take others' ideas and run with it alone.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19937202/
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 03/08/2009 at 07:41 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12