Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot1000 View Post
    I don't understand why people are having a hard time grasping it either. Probably because most people are new to "cloud" computing coupled with the name of webOS, leading people to think they must always be tethered to the web for functionality.

Maybe a real-world example will help. Picture real clouds (internet) with real rain (data) in them. When it rains on me (syncs data), then I'm still wet (have my data), even when I go inside (lose signal).
    WOW, how long have you been waiting to use that analogy?
    Believe it or not, I just thought of it when reading CGK's reply.

Like it? I know it will fall apart upon closer inspection like most analogies do, but it was fun anyway.
    Sprint Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Your phone *will* hold a local copy of your contacts....

Your phone will not go blank as soon as the signal drops out, I don't understand why people can't grasp this.
    Thank you very much. That is what I had originally assumed and is the only rational/reasonable operation I could imagine. It's just that people seemed to be declaring exactly the opposite, and I would have found that unacceptable. My only difficulty is that I do not use google or any other internet system to store my personal data -- just my phone and my computer. Hopefully there will be something equivalent to the POS (I hate that double-meaning abbreviation) synch operation.
    Dr J

Palm III --> Palm m500 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (2 days!) --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p (Sprint)
    KayPro II --> IBM Portable --> Mac SE --> Mac Performa 6115CD --> Mac PPC 6500 --> Mac G4 (Yosemite) --> iMac G5 20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12