1.    #1  
    I've noticed that I can sync Google with my Outlook Calander/Contacts. My question is, if this is the case, can I also sync google calancer to a mobile phone. I know this program is still in the beta cycle, but can I do both programs in tandem?

In other words, I'd like to be able to make inputs via Outlook, which inturn syncs to google calander, which inturn sync's to my mobile phone. Conversely, if I make an input with my mobile phone, will it sync with google, then sync that information to my outlook calander?

The only time I would want to physically use the google calander option is when I'm away from my primary computer and the input of such data is too cumbersome for the mobile phone.

Finally, I'm a very calander & task oriented user. Is google coming out with some sort of task manager program which will be able to sync with in the future? I read lots about people needing notes (I can use a word processor program for notes). I just need task functionality to remind me of things needing accomplished throughout the day/week.

If all this is possible, wont this solve the Pre's problem of not syncing with us commoners using only Outlook?

Thoughts?

Cosmo
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmopilot View Post

Is google coming out with some sort of task manager program which will be able to sync with in the future?
    there is new a task manager in the labs section of gmail. haven't tried yet
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    In other words, I'd like to be able to make inputs via Outlook, which inturn syncs to google calander, which inturn sync's to my mobile phone. Conversely, if I make an input with my mobile phone, will it sync with google, then sync that information to my outlook calander?
    I can't think of any reason that wouldn't work fine. It's the same idea as syncing with Outlook on multiple computers.
    If all this is possible, wont this solve the Pre's problem of not syncing with us commoners using only Outlook?
    It depends on the person, for most people, yes. If you are a person who just doesn't want their data going to a provider like Google, then no.
    GooSync Home Page

I hope this is what you're talking about?

I've been using this, its awesome. You can sync your Google Calendar with your phone, or simply just update the phone or just update the Google Calendar.

Its nice because I can change my schedule on my work computer through Google Calender and then just sync it up with my phone. No need to have any software up and no need to manually enter appointments on the phone.

Add to the fact I've become accustomed to clearing my calendar alerts on my phone, you can send yourself an e-mail or sms through Google Calendar.

As I use a Google Calendar that is not a GMail account per say (account is just hosted by Google), I am hoping that the Pre can sync with Google hosted accounts via the Cloud or that they are able to develop an app for the Pre because it makes things very easy
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products