1.    #1  
    I probably missed this. I know the Pre will grab contacts from Facebook, Myspace, and gmail, but will it grab contacts from LinkedIn and Plaxo for business users. Hopefully, it can right out of the box.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Not sure about Plaxo (would be nice), but the interview with McNamee (i think) revealed LinkedIn sync. Maybe we should request Plaxo to work with Palm & vice versa.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Im also interested how many other mail services will work with the pre.... all we have right now is outlook/gmail. hopefully yahoo and live mail will be there as well.

Im actually using gmail currently but am thinking about switching to live mail (because they have a good desktop application that syncs mail, calendar, contacts very nicely with their service). the only reason i haven't switched yet is the pre.
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    Not sure about Plaxo (would be nice), but the interview with McNamee (i think) revealed LinkedIn sync. Maybe we should request Plaxo to work with Palm & vice versa.
    He did mention LinkedIn. I was very glad to hear that--it's something that I've been hoping for since the Pre was announced. I'm hoping we'll hear more as launch approaches.

At one point, anything with Plaxo was bad news, though they may have improved that since.
    I've been syncing contacts between multiple macs with Plaxo now for a while and it's been great. Aside from MobileMe, it's the only option that can maintain addressbook categories... so it would be great if the pre would support it.
    Where is this? Come on LinkedIn, the app is OK, but we need the same capability as Facebook. I have more folks in LinkedIn, I'm likely to call than Facebook.
    OK good news after a brief Google search found this on the LinkedIn Blog.

To learn more, we’ve posted a new page on the LinkedIn website about the whole family of LinkedIn mobile products.
    P.S. The most common question we have received to date is, “When will LinkedIn integrate with the new Palm Synergy address book platform?” Rest assured, this is something that we’ve already begun development on. Stay tuned.