Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how the "Notes" feature on the Pre works? Is it anything like the current "Memos"?

The reason I ask is that I use Memos for tons of things and having the same, or better, functionality on the Pre would be a bonus.

Thanks for any info.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by daveandcori View Post
    Does anyone know how the "Notes" feature on the Pre works? Is it anything like the current "Memos"?

The reason I ask is that I use Memos for tons of things and having the same, or better, functionality on the Pre would be a bonus.

Thanks for any info.
    I'm a big user of memo/notes as well. I have over 100 of them. So I too hope it will be there for us. Hopefully enhanced.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I'm pretty sure the memo/notes is that new corkboard interface with the post-it notes on them that we've seen quite a few times.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the memo/notes is that new corkboard interface with the post-it notes on them that we've seen quite a few times.
    From all we've seen, that looks to be correct. They show up as sticky notes on a corkboard, and then you select one it will expand to a full page where you can write your notes memos. Personally I think this is fantastic, as the corkboard lets you see all your notes in a nice graphical layout.
    I certainly hope there will be assignable categories to the new Notes/Memos app (in addition to the global search function). I have over 500 Memos (mainly Medical references) in 16 categories on my Treo 755p, and adding new one's daily.
  6. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    I certainly hope there will be assignable categories to the new Notes/Memos app (in addition to the global search function). I have over 500 Memos (mainly Medical references) in 16 categories on my Treo 755p, and adding new one's daily.
    On the corkboard notes app, the Post-Its are different colors. I would hope that means they're color-coded by category. I have more memos than I can count (currently on multiple devices, slowly being consolidated) and would want to be sure I can manage them.

I also hope that there isn't a seriously constraining size limit per memo the way there used to be on old Palms.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    I have over 500 Memos

Holy Smokes. I didn't think the Treo would hold that many memos. And I thought I had a lot with over 100.

Good luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have thousands of memos. I recommend Evernote. It will find what you are looking for almost instantly. It has an awesome desktop component. Its cloud based so no syncing, and they have already announced that they will have a client for the Pre ready for launch.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  9. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I have thousands of memos. I recommend Evernote. It will find what you are looking for almost instantly. It has an awesome desktop component. Its cloud based so no syncing, and they have already announced that they will have a client for the Pre ready for launch.
    Announced where? (It's not on their blog and Google didn't turn it up...)

And I wonder if they'll integrate their search with Palm's Universal Search...
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    As long as we finally have more categories! 16 is ridiculous. I have 784 Memos on my Treo 755p right now, but have moved hundreds into other apps over the years. Thought Manager and Note Studio have allowed me to expand in a more organized fashion. I'd like to see a wiki type app (ala Note Studio) or Memos with tagging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    And I wonder if they'll integrate their search with Palm's Universal Search...
    I suspect that'll have something to do with just how deep into the device the STK allows developers to go. It would be exciting to see a Memo app (or any App for that matteR) integrated with the search function. I was also not able to find any reference to Evernote annoucning a planned Pre compatible version, but it would be safe to assume that they will ultimately release one (but it may not be at device launch).
    "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams

Follow me on Twitter
    I hope so as well. Love that feature
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    How did you transfer your Palm Memo's to Evernote? I have an Evernote account, but I haven't had time to figure out how to transfer all my Memos.

Thanks!
    Dave

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
  14.    #14  
    PS - I have 1631 memos as of right now (in 15 categories). Talk about a pain to transfer.
    Dave

I am _not_ a fan of that sticky-note nonsense. What a huge pain for those of us who have 100, 500 or even 1631 memos that we need to keep for reference, future use, etc.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Well... we'll have to actually try it out first before finding out that's the only display option. There could very well be a one line, color coded, compressed mode. Or maybe they can overlap so you only see the first line, then click on it to expand, then click again to open in full. I don't doubt there is some way of displaying a lot of memos at once. They were very sure to make sure to display as much as possible on the calendar, they aren't going to do the exact opposite with memos.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    Well... we'll have to actually try it out first before finding out that's the only display option. There could very well be a one line, color coded, compressed mode. Or maybe they can overlap so you only see the first line, then click on it to expand, then click again to open in full. I don't doubt there is some way of displaying a lot of memos at once. They were very sure to make sure to display as much as possible on the calendar, they aren't going to do the exact opposite with memos.
    You're right -- good point!
    I just hope that the notes that I can take on the Pre can be password Protected. As a health care professional who doesn't always have access to a computer I often use my 755 to take shorthand notes that NEED to be secret. If I lost my treo I know that at the very least I wouldn't need to worry about being in violation of HIPAA. I would lose a great function if the notes that I take were not password protected like they can be now.
  19. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sraatc17 View Post
    I just hope that the notes that I can take on the Pre can be password Protected. As a health care professional who doesn't always have access to a computer I often use my 755 to take shorthand notes that NEED to be secret. If I lost my treo I know that at the very least I wouldn't need to worry about being in violation of HIPAA. I would lose a great function if the notes that I take were not password protected like they can be now.
    If--if--the built-in app isn't, I'm sure someone will create one that is. Maybe even at preDevCamp (which looks like where the first apps--other than from the partners Palm's lined up--will come from).
  20. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I'm kinda concerned with this whole post-it approach as well. I use memos pretty extensively too.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast