Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 148
  1. CPL Radar's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #101  
    But what's the point in having a 3.5mm headphone jack, if you only have room for a few albums, or crappy sounding music with either low quality streaming, or lossy compressed junk?
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPL Radar View Post
    But what's the point in having a 3.5mm headphone jack, if you only have room for a few albums, or crappy sounding music with either low quality streaming, or lossy compressed junk?
    Isn't that sort of subjective? What is a few albums to you might be fine for others. And what sounds crappy to you might be fine with others.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Is it just me, or was that entire Facebook post just a long-winded justification for form over function?
    Is it me or is the cries for an updated OS from palm along the same lines? It functioned fine.
  4. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Is it me or is the cries for an updated OS from palm along the same lines? It functioned fine.
    Considering how people were leaving Palm in droves, I think it's mostly you. If they didn't create this new OS, they would already be out of business.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    On the battery issue, yes. Definitely looks like they're simply using the Centro battery
    That doesn't sound like good news. Many have said it depends on the hardware/software. Regardless, it doesn't leave you with a good feeling about battery life.

    Let's hope for the best.

    Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 01/24/2009 at 07:37 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  6. #106  
    I have to say that I found that report a little disturbing. It seems that form was more important that function to the designers. So much so that they omitted the SD slot and made the battery tiny. 2 bad moves in my book.

    It is becoming obvious to me that Palm is going after a new market with the this device (the fat middle). The old Treos were all about function before form.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I have to say that I found that report a little disturbing. It seems that form was more important that function to the designers. So much so that they omitted the SD slot and made the battery tiny. 2 bad moves in my book.
    Well, I think he said design was king because it had to feel right in the hand when making a call. In other words, form followed function, but the function it followed was talking on the phone.
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
    I think everyone who wants more memory is completely aware of this fact. This doesn't remove their right to discuss it. This is a discussion board, right?



    Not everyone has your considerations. What is irrelevant for you isn't necessarly irrelavant to others. I bet if my God isn't your God, I'm f'd. As long as Palm doesn't promote this device as a laptop replacement or a multimedia device, 8GB is more than enough. If this were marketed as a dumbphone, 8GB would be absolutely fantastic. But since this more than a mere feature phone, I would expect a larger capacity flash rom chip or expandable memory. Don't mistake your use for everyone else's.



    Well, not everyone lives in a world as grand as yours. I can remember many cases in many places where WiFi was all I had. Building structures that kill all mobile connectivity so cellular stations had to be installed inside the plant. It's great if you have Nextel, but worthless if you are a Sprint, Verizon, T-mobile, or AT&T customer. International travel where CDMA signals were spotty, too expensive, or non-existant. GSM roaming can be too expensive for some GSM users too. WiFi is a great option when it's free at your hotel.



    In the case of the Touch Diamond, there is a very similiar option called the Touch Pro. If you needed more than 4GB, you had a choice of having more. There is no comparable option with the Pre.
    Of course there is people that have different needs. I just say that if the phone doesn't fit your needs, you need another phone, or rethink about if all your needs are real needs. I'm talking about that I see on streets on my country (Spain). For this people, the storage needs are near to that I expose. Of course, I have friends who "need" 16Gb to carry multimedia stuff, but they are a few compared to the rest.

    And about Diamond, I can't call a "similar option" a double sized device. If you don't worry about size, I do. Which one of our needs (size or storage card slot) is more relevant in the market, talking about number of users who prefer each one?

    This is the real problem, I think.
  9. #109  
    about God, I discovered who is the real God: God Is Love, isn't it? and Love make us blind, right? so god is Stevie Wonder: he is blind and sings about love.
  10. Gerorne's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    That doesn't sound like good news. Many have said it depends on the hardware/software. Regarldess, it doesn't leave you with a good feeling about battery life.

    Let's hope for the best.

    Good Luck
    Oh, I was only commenting on the exact battery used, the battery life is still up in the air because of those reasons.
    Last edited by Gerorne; 01/24/2009 at 02:39 PM.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

    Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Considering how people were leaving Palm in droves, I think it's mostly you. If they didn't create this new OS, they would already be out of business.
    You think?
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    Oh, I was only commenting on the exact battery used, the battery life is still up in the air because of those reasons.
    Got it.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    That doesn't sound like good news. Many have said it depends on the hardware/software. Regarldess, it doesn't leave you with a good feeling about battery life.

    Let's hope for the best.

    Good Luck
    Just for fun,
    what if the data cloud develops into a cumulonimbus thunderstorm cloud now and again? What happens then?
    Does the pre battery drain even faster?

    What if barney frank and chris dodd are reassigned by "the obamination" to supervise this cumulonimbus cloud? Might there be a massive data crisis which puts the nation of palm into data bankruptcy and digital paralysis?


    Let's hope for the best.
  14. #114  
    You mean like Katrina? Heck of a job treosensei.

    Quote Originally Posted by treosensei View Post
    Just for fun,
    what if the data cloud develops into a cumulonimbus thunderstorm cloud now and again? What happens then?
    Does the pre battery drain even faster?

    What if barney frank and chris dodd are reassigned by "the obamination" to supervise this cumulonimbus cloud? Might there be a massive data crisis which puts the nation of palm into data bankruptcy and digital paralysis?


    Let's hope for the best.
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPL Radar View Post
    But what's the point in having a 3.5mm headphone jack, if you only have room for a few albums, or crappy sounding music with either low quality streaming, or lossy compressed junk?
    I also would like a removable card, but realistically 8Gb is more than enough room for more a lot more than a few albums of even your required quality.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Is it just me, or was that entire Facebook post just a long-winded justification for form over function?
    Matt must be one of the ex-Apple people.
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Is it me or is the cries for an updated OS from palm along the same lines? It functioned fine.
    But if you were going to update to provide multi-tasking, you would be silly not to update the interface. To my way of thinking, there is a lot of the old PalmOS way of doing things in WebOS. eg auto save on closing an application.
  18. #118  
    Hey, the most constructive suggestion I've seen so far in this thread is, that since the introduction of a micro SD card slot is to say the least, debatable, why not use the micro USB port for a flash drive?

    So my question is: has anybody seen such an animal? I've looked and haven't found a flash drive with a micro USB connector yet.
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhox29 View Post
    Hey, the most constructive suggestion I've seen so far in this thread is, that since the introduction of a micro SD card slot is to say the least, debatable, why not use the micro USB port for a flash drive?

    So my question is: has anybody seen such an animal? I've looked and haven't found a flash drive with a micro USB connector yet.
    Because the device needs to support USB host instead of just USB client. There are some of us, myself included who thought that would be possible at first, but it seems more likely now that that was a misinterpretation.
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Because the device needs to support USB host instead of just USB client. There are some of us, myself included who thought that would be possible at first, but it seems more likely now that that was a misinterpretation.

    And if that was in their plans, I think that they would have made a big deal of it in the CES presentation.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions