Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I have a Centro now. If I buy a Pre how can I transfer info from the Centro to the Pre?

Thanks, Justin
    ^^ REally?? i mean cmon man.. are you serious? lol..
    I'm sure there be instructions on how to do that. All of us current Palm device users witll be in the same boat.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    Do you think companionlink will allow syncing via BT on the Pre?

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Do you think companionlink will allow syncing via BT on the Pre?
    Sure, why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Sure, why not?

Tks for the info Kupe.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    As Dieter mentioned in Precast Episode 60, CompanionLink announced that they would be developing USB sync between Pre and ACT!, Google, Palm Desktop, Lotus Notes, GoldMine, and Outlook.

Sync Palm Pre with ACT! by Sage, Google, Palm Desktop, Lotus Notes, GoldMine, and Microsoft Outlook

We gotta keep up with Precast/Treocast.

There's nothing like the strength of Precast.

--

Oops Dieter already posted this:

Title: CompanionLink announced wiredsync to PalmDesktop, etc.
    Last edited by TomD; 02/13/2009 at 09:32 AM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I personally don't use outlook and don't have any calendars on my computer per se. I am pretty old fashioned in that I just stick new contacts and appointments into my phone as I go. Seeing that I have a WinMo phone, I guess I am going to have to do the transferring of contacts the hard way, one at a time, or is there some other trick like exporting to a csv file and import them into the Pre somehow?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I personally don't use outlook and don't have any calendars on my computer per se. I am pretty old fashioned in that I just stick new contacts and appointments into my phone as I go. Seeing that I have a WinMo phone, I guess I am going to have to do the transferring of contacts the hard way, one at a time, or is there some other trick like exporting to a csv file and import them into the Pre somehow?
    Given everything we have seen to date - I am sure there will be multiple options for you cuz they are talking "cloud"! Have you thought about moving your contacts online with Google? If I did not use Outlook/Exchange, I would. It is a good way to always have a backup and it will sync with multiple devices.
    I do have Outlook, just don't have it installed. Maybe I will install it just for that reason just to get my contacts into Outlook and then synch them back to the Pre. I'll just wait until last minute to do it since I keep getting girls phone numbers...uh...I mean, because I have to keep adding customers....yeah, that's it, that's what I meant.