1.    #1  
    I would love to get ready for the cloud, i.e. syncing my Treo 800w with Google for contacts and calendar. I currently do not sync with ANYTHING other than Dashwire from time to time.

I know there are things like Goosync, Oggsync, and SyncMyCal Mobile. They are all cost programs... is there anyway to sync to the "cloud" currently without yearly or program costs?
    Mac or PC?
  3.    #3  
    Neither. I don't want to go through my computer.

I want it to be Treo 800w to Google only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I would love to get ready for the cloud, i.e. syncing my Treo 800w with Google for contacts and calendar. I currently do not sync with ANYTHING other than Dashwire from time to time.

I know there are things like Goosync, Oggsync, and SyncMyCal Mobile. They are all cost programs... is there anyway to sync to the "cloud" currently without yearly or program costs?
    The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Yahoo!Sync then I think you can import yahoo items into google (but I am not 100% sure aout that so don't quote me on it)
    IFAIK, goosync is free, at least if you don't mind manual sync. I use goosync for my 700p they do not charge for the basic service, only to enable autosync and probably other perks. I have found goosync to be very stable and quite easy to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Neither. I don't want to go through my computer.

I want it to be Treo 800w to Google only.
    If you don't use activesync for work, you can set it up via Nuevasync.
  7.    #7  
    Basic is free. One calendar and no contacts. Boo.

I want the full she-bang.
  8.    #8  
    Nuevasync is awesome!

Thanks Dieter!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I've been using Nuevasync for a little ofer a week (also getting ready for the Pre). and I love it. So easy and (unlike Goosync) will do your callender and contacts. GREAT solution!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    If I'm not mistaken, NuevaSync doesn't do your email though, does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, NuevaSync doesn't do your email though, does it?
    Does it need to? Isn't that what IMAP is for?
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Does it need to? Isn't that what IMAP is for?
    Well, depends on the implementation of IMAP on the Pre when it's released, if it includes Idle functionality to give push over IMAP or not. If I personally was going to set up my current phone to use Exchange for my contacts and calendar, I'd prefer it to actually push my email as well, since it doesn't support IMAP Idle in the built-in email client. I know that Mobipush used to grab just your POP3 or IMAP email and send that through an Exchange server, but that doesn't seem to be working anymore and didn't support everything else other than email.

What might be the best solution for some is to switch to a complete Exchange server setup such as Mail2Web Live, (which is free for mobile use, a monthly fee for desktop Outlook use) or 1and1 and have the old account's emails forwarded to the new address, then you'd get everything, EMail, Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks.
    Another option, which I use is http://4smartphone.net/
    Just call me Berd.
    subscription post
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  15. ame
    Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    FYI: NuevaSync doesn't work for POS accdg to it's site.