Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    I should also say that the rumors about what the Pre will and won't support "out of the box" strikes me as having no basis in fact.

    Marc
    Good Luck Marc
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    I should also say that the rumors about what the Pre will and won't support "out of the box" strikes me as having no basis in fact.

    Marc
    We are all just having fun speculating.
  3. #23  
    Given how long it's been since I was privy to any confidential information at Palm, I do a lot of speculating myself!

    Marc
  4. #24  
    Marc, you are one of the few developers that kept people with Palm OS as long as they did, good luck on whatever you do, I'm sure it will be a great product, I still hope to see you around those forums for awhile....
    Good Luck again, if you'll be as responsive to ur customers as you were with Chatteremail, you will be very succesfull.

    P.S. I still bought it when it was just ChatterIM....
  5. #25  
    And I remember you as well, as one of the earliest users who followed through from IMChatter to ChatterEmail! I hope all's well with you.

    Marc
  6. #26  
    Everythings great, really excited about the Pre, was really hoping you'll be onboard... Maybe you will consider developing something "non-email" for the Pre.... We need developers like you, SHSH and Pimlico.
  7. ipsi's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    2) . . . (indeed, I had pushed very hard for what is now called webOS).

    3) People need to remember that a LOT has changed at Palm since I became an employee, including major changes to senior management. Because of this, hypotheticals like "why did Palm do X if later they did Y" really aren't meaningful.
    On 2, I think it's a good sign that a popular Palm OS developer pushed hard for Web OS.

    And on 3, I wonder if it might not have been a better idea for Palm rename themselves? On these forums I see a lot of emphasis on the bad things that Palm have done over the years, and very little praise. Is that the case in the real world?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipsi View Post
    On 2, I think it's a good sign that a popular Palm OS developer pushed hard for Web OS.

    And on 3, I wonder if it might not have been a better idea for Palm rename themselves? On these forums I see a lot of emphasis on the bad things that Palm have done over the years, and very little praise. Is that the case in the real world?
    For 3... no, people in the real world, not obsessed people on forums like us who follow every little detail we can, they don't have a clue about Palm really. I remember back in the early days when I got my Treo 600, I had to describe it as like a Palm Pilot and a phone in one. Back then, the brand was fresh enough in people's minds for that description to work. Nowadays though, most people have no clue of the history of Palm.
  9. #29  
    I thinks they do, but people like to see a comeback.
  10. #30  
    I have no plans to make software for the Pre.

    Marc
  11. #31  
    i heard on one of the Pre demo videos the words "and this is full rich HTML email". it also looked as such when demonstrated.

    my guess is that GMail IMAP Push Email will work out of the box in addition to EAS Push.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    p.s. I wish I could say a bunch more about Palm, but that will have to wait until November, 2009... at which time, nobody will likely care!
    I hope you do keep track of your thoughts, because there are some of us who did follow you, and your employment with Palm. I know I'd be interested in your thoughts, even 11 months later.
  13. Q
    Q is offline
    Q's Avatar
    Posts
    686 Posts
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700 View Post
    I hope you do keep track of your thoughts, because there are some of us who did follow you, and your employment with Palm. I know I'd be interested in your thoughts, even 11 months later.
    Seconded.
  14. Vander's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    I have no plans to make software for the Pre.

    Marc
    This may be one of the most telling statements Ive yet heard on these boards, if Marc, a valued Palm developer has no plans on creating software for the Pre...what does that say?
  15. ipsi's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #35  
    Heh. I find it amusing that everyone (including me) is trying to read what they want to hear into Marc's statements, regardless of what, if any, intent he had in mind when posting them.

    e.g. He posted this earlier on:

    2) . . . (indeed, I had pushed very hard for what is now called webOS).
    Which I took as a good thing, while you're taking the quote
    I have no plans to make software for the Pre.
    as a bad thing.
  16. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    This may be one of the most telling statements Ive yet heard on these boards, if Marc, a valued Palm developer has no plans on creating software for the Pre...what does that say?
    That he may have contractual restrictions that apply?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  17. #37  
    I have no contractual restrictions related to development on the Pre.

    Marc
  18. #38  
    I think the question is why won't we care? Good or bad? Will we not care because it's not all it's cracked up to be? Or it'll have taken off and his thoughts will be inconsequential, well inconsequential either way? I think hearing inside info, their way of thinking, why they went in one direction or another is quite interesting regardless if the info is 6 months are a few years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700 View Post
    I hope you do keep track of your thoughts, because there are some of us who did follow you, and your employment with Palm. I know I'd be interested in your thoughts, even 11 months later.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    I want a Seven client on there (SprintMobileMail or whatever its called on sprint) An SMS-based push mail solution is a good alternative for those who do not want to buy into an exchange server.
    I use this over VersaMail and its nice. But it doesnt do HTML emails which sucks.

    I agree that the full HTML, IDLE Push support will be included in the Pre.
  20. enjoyingsilence
    enjoyingsilence's Avatar
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I use this over VersaMail and its nice. But it doesnt do HTML emails which sucks.

    I agree that the full HTML, IDLE Push support will be included in the Pre.
    For the latter, I hope so.....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions