Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    If Palm adds MobileMe to the supported cloud types, that would solve all cloud problems for Mac users.

Come to think of it, that would solve Windows Outlook user's cloud problems also.

MobileMe syncs address, calendar, and email for Mac and Outlook.

Now THAT's a REAL cloud solution!
    Last edited by TomD; 01/13/2009 at 08:33 PM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I believe it would support it out of the box.

MobileMe email is Imap based - so is Gmail, Gmail is on the Pre -- covered.
    MobileMe calendar (iCal) is WebCal - Google calendar can do this as well.
    The only thing would be address book. The Pre works with Google and exchange, I'm not sure what MobileMe is using.

For a Mac user you should look into http://spanningsync.com/, if you don't use the webserver or sync drive functions. It will let you use google instead of MobileMe for iCal and address book. You can already do email, it's just a config. Pay them once, or pay apple $99/year. It's what Apple doesn't want you to figure out.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    MobileMe syncs address, calendar, and email for Mac and Outlook.
    What about tasks and notes, they need to be synced too.
    can any company use mobile me? I thought it was like Itunes - only worked w/ Apple Ipods. (need a mac guy for a mobile me 101 - or a good link)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    can any company use mobile me? I thought it was like Itunes - only worked w/ Apple Ipods. (need a mac guy for a mobile me 101 - or a good link)
    MobileMe is too expensive if you're not using the Mac only functions - backup, network drive, webserver hosting. It's $99/year/person except for family accounts.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    MobileMe is too expensive if you're not using the Mac only functions - backup, network drive, webserver hosting. It's $99/year/person except for family accounts.
    ouch
    da Gimp

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I think Palms mypalm.com is it web based sync client.... 1 login on the device and the different logins like facebook, gmail, exchange etc will be done on mypalm.com
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    I think Palms mypalm.com is it web based sync client.... 1 login on the device and the different logins like facebook, gmail, exchange etc will be done on mypalm.com
    site doesn;t exsit -- gives me an error message
    da Gimp

I'm a MAC user and I have no desire to purchase MobileMe. This better not be Palms answer.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I'm a MAC user and I have no desire to purchase MobileMe. This better not be Palms answer.
    Yeah, me either. I'm not overly impressed with MobileMe.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Good point. That seems to be an unknown.

We also need music sync with iTunes or other players.

Seems like life in the cloud may require radar
    Last edited by TomD; 01/13/2009 at 11:47 AM.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Sure, it ain't free. The Family plan could work for up to 5 email accounts. Works for Mac and PC. The tag line is "Exchange for the rest of us".

I was hoping that is would work on my T700p, but Blazer isn't up to it.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts

The only thing would be address book. The Pre works with Google and exchange, I'm not sure what MobileMe is using.

For a Mac user you should look into http://spanningsync.com/, if you don't use the webserver or sync drive functions. It will let you use google instead of MobileMe for iCal and address book. You can already do email, it's just a config. Pay them once, or pay apple $99/year. It's what Apple doesn't want you to figure out.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts

So far Spanning Sync looks like the way to sync Mac address and Calendars to Google.

But it occurs to me that I don't need to keep my Gmail addresses synced with Mac Address Book. I can just use Mac Address Book while using which ever account I want.

Assuming that is correct, I can quit stressing about syncing Address Books and just use them where ever they are.

Does that make sense?
    Tom
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Good point. That seems to be an unknown.

We also need music sync with iTunes or other players.

Seems like life in the cloud may require radar
    Whatever Palm does not give a sync for we can probably expect a Missing Sync for Palm Pre from Mark/Space.
    Tom
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    site doesn;t exsit -- gives me an error message
    It was the address (with a long and complex history) of their failed online portal - it's also my bet for where an online desktop would be located.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    No sorry that doesn't work on the FANTASTIC eyePhone! "sarcasm drips from text"
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

So far Spanning Sync looks like the way to sync Mac address and Calendars to Google.

But it occurs to me that I don't need to keep my Gmail addresses synced with Mac Address Book. I can just use Mac Address Book while using which ever account I want.

Assuming that is correct, I can quit stressing about syncing Address Books and just use them where ever they are.

Does that make sense?
    Makes sense to me. I don't even manage my gmail address book. Most of it is on my laptop. When I do use gmail online in a browser, it is really good at filling in addresses based on whom I've sent to before -- even if I sent it from the laptop. With the pre syncing gmail addresses, I shouldn't have to manage it at all. My hope anyway.

Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts

Does that make sense?
    I was thinking that transferring my Address Book to Goggle Contacts would be a good way to get my addresses into the Pre. The problem with that is the Google Contacts has a single field for Name - no first name, middle name, or last name.

No go here.

I hope Palm has a way to transfer ALL the Contact info from Treo to Pre our we will be in a painful situation.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    No sorry that doesn't work on the FANTASTIC eyePhone! "sarcasm drips from text"
    Actually there is a third party solution. A company with a highly weird name "Mark/Space" make Missing Sync for iPhone. That syncs notes and a few other things missing from the iTunes sync.

Same guys that do the sync for the Mac, BlackBerry, Win Mo, etc.

Hopefully they will fill in the gaps on the Pre sync, also.
    Tom
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast