Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    MobileMe was an independent service before Apple bought them.

Therefore MobileMe was not initially designed for the iPhone.

If Apple has not made it too proprietary, it may become a viable sync system for the Pre.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I read that some folks have had success syncing Palm desktop with Outlook on a PC.

Then they can sync Outlook to MobileMe.

Anyone here try that?
    Tom
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Palm and Apple are in direct competition. Apple will not make syncing with Mobile Me possible or easy. IMHO
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlw View Post
    Palm and Apple are in direct competition. Apple will not make syncing with Mobile Me possible or easy. IMHO
    In another thread a few weeks ago, I was told that the Pre will sync with any canonical source... whatever that means.

Between you and me, I don't believe it. I think the Pre will be able to sync with EAS and Google, because it will be specifically designed for that. But I wouldn't assume that it will sync with services like Nozbe, BackpackIT, MobileMe, or even Windows Live or Yahoo without some code to log in and communicate. These will all have to be taken care of individually by each source.

Honestly, I'm still not entirely convinced that it will sync with Google directly. It probably will, but I have seen no evidence of that. I know for sure that it will allow you to open a browser to interact with the Web apps and in the Pre callendar app subscribe to a calendar through ical, but I have not seen any evidence that it will be integrated into the Pre calendar application.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Whatever Palm does not give a sync for we can probably expect a Missing Sync for Palm Pre from Mark/Space.
    I use the Missing Sync to sync my 755P with my Macpro and my Powerbook. I use Entourage as my email/calendar app because don't like iCal, so I've been concerned about the Pre's ability to allow syncing with my Macs.

I see that the Pre does have a usb connector, so I'm assuming that the possibility exists that I will be able to still sync as I do now on my 755. Does this assumption make any sense?

Thanks for your thoughts,

GeneL
    So is the MobileMe service reliable now? last i heard there were still a lot of bugs.

ANd i echo someone else in here hoping the Missing Sync can come up with a solution
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    You should have a look at: interways.net
    They offer Palm Pre syncing with Outlook, Mac and even Linux. Directly into their cloud. I had it for my iPhone and was impressed. calendars, extremely fast, sharing with others, ... Much better than mobile me, and much less expensive.
    MobileMe works very well if you live in the Apple ecosystem as I do with multiple computers all synching beautifully, but adding in other devices can cause issues.

My MobileMe email works great on the Pre though!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrool View Post
    You should have a look at: interways.net
    They offer Palm Pre syncing with Outlook, Mac and even Linux. Directly into their cloud. I had it for my iPhone and was impressed. calendars, extremely fast, sharing with others, ... Much better than mobile me, and much less expensive.
    I'm surprised that I have not heard of this one before.

Their announcement that they support the Pre is dated 6/20/08. Is that a typo?

How long have you had it?
    Tom
    Some facts from a MobileMe member and Pre owner, using wifi at home with my dot mac addresses, an iMac, and a Macbook.

Read an email on the Mac, it's marked read on the Pre in 3 seconds.

Read an email on the Pre, it's marked read on the Mac in 3 seconds.

Mark email unread on the Mac, it's back in bold and counted as unread on the Pre in 3 seconds.

Mark email unread on the Pre, it's got a blue dot beside it on my Mac in 3 seconds.

Delete an email from my Pre, it disappears from my Macbook inbox in 5 seconds.

Delete an email from my Macbook, it disappears from my Pre inbox in 2 seconds.

Flags don't sync, but the first time I used one was to test it now.

Sent emails from Mac appear in the Pre sent box when you open it.

Sent emails from the Pre seem to appear on the Mac when I get tired of watching for them.

Mac address book and iCal I have synced via Google. It has been working fine as a conduit between the Pre, Mac, and MobileMe.

I'm sure there might be glitches, but I am thrilled with the synergy of the Pre, a Mac, Google, and MobileMe.

I should mention one bug I discovered. Any address created in iCal, when synced with Google, adds two spaces after the town and before the state, and two more spaces after the state and between the zip code (in Google and the Pre) This messes up the address on the Pre once it syncs with google, but is only apparent if you try to link two profiles. They will still show two addresses, even though they look the same. Hit the circled i when editing to see what I mean. Correct once in Google contacts, or on the Pre, and the problem doesn't return.
    Last edited by galavanter; 07/01/2009 at 03:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Bought my Pre last Thursday and was told Contacts were transferred form Centro to Pre. Much to my chagrin discovered Friday night that only A's" and"B's" from my Significant Centro Contact List had been Transferred!!! Today visited the Corporate Store where it was purchased and told a first not a problem, but 30 minutes later was told they couldn't do it. Don't understand why they can do "A's" and "B's" and not the rest. Called Sprint CS and got thru to Advanced Technical Support who explained to me that Centro was on a Hot Sync foramte and that Pre was a Data Transfer Format and they would send me a link via email to make that happen. Got home from Corporate Store and no link via email.

What kind of "Ready Now" Customer/Technical Suport is this ???!!!!

I'm not going to transfer 400 Contacts, manually to my Pre. What really gets me is that they knew all along that there was a problem with this transfer and didn't say a word.

Like the way Pre feels, having to go thru a learning curve, which is ok, but not transferring 400 contacts via hand.

It may be back to the Centro. Just can't keep my customer base waintig to communicate til they all get manually transferred.

Anyone know of a solution, quick!
    Brasado is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Did you have your contacts synced to your computer at all?
    I use busysync between my Mac and Google. Works perfectly with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Thanks for all your suggestions and help! I went to a Srpint Repair Center today and they transferred ALL (532) my contacts from Centro to Pre in about 7 minutes!! Don't understand how Corporate Store CSR's who are supposedly trained to do this when you buy a phone and the Advanced Technical Support folks at the Phone Centers are so misinformed and or non informed. That is a total of 6 Sprint Employees that I dealt with before I got to the 7th who did a great job!!!!

Really would like to see Sprint and Palm make it, but their "Ready Now Program" has failed to reach a vast majority of their face to the world.

Thanks again.
    And no updates to this since July? There is no fix for this?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123