Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Kansas or NY?
    New York, or to be pedantic New York, New York. Where do you live, Ohio?
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    New York, or to be pedantic New York, New York. Where do you live, Ohio?
    then you've got nothing to biitch about. so don't.
    Customer service is the only problem I've ever had with Sprint. As long as you don't have to call them (their billing is horrible), you can't beat the combination of speed, coverage and price.
    Doesn't answer the question. Even in urban areas with generally good coverage, there are places with no signal. And there are millions of miles of highways between those urban areas with next to no signal at all.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Except its been said a million times that its a LOCALLY CACHED DATABASE. I'm not sure how much more clear that can be made.
    That doesn't answer the question of how I access data from other devices (like my laptop) when the cloud isn't available. Or how I sync data in the cloud to my laptop without using exchange server. Or how I back up sensitive data without putting it on easily hacked public networks.

The could does NOT solve every data storage problem. Not by a long shot.

I don't know how much more clear it needs to be that the phone is NOT the ultimate storage device for all of us.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    then you've got nothing to biitch about. so don't.
    I am not *****ing, merely pointing out that 3G bandwidth isn't really that important when picking a cellphone company. That said, I am not on Sprint, nor do I ever plan to be. I only buy and use GSM world band phones that are either unlocked or can be unlocked with a phone call. A CDMA Pre is of little use to me in London, Munich or Paris (or New Delhli for that matter).
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hmm. I've had Sprint for 5 years in two different areas and haven't had that issue. Maybe its just where you're located.
    Out were we are (Midwest) Sprint is great in most cities and along the major highways. There are a lot of locations, however, where if you get off of the interstate too far, you lose Sprint completly.

I like Sprint service where I live and they are by far the cheapest option, but there are times where I lose coverage and have to roam. That is why I need my contacts and sometimes documents, notes and other information on the phone at all times and not just "in the cloud"
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Customer service is the only problem I've ever had with Sprint. As long as you don't have to call them (their billing is horrible), you can't beat the combination of speed, coverage and price.

I agree except in the rural areas off of the highways, we lose Sprint coverage.

As for customer service, they can be bad but are no worse than other companies I have had to deal with. Big thing is don't try to argue with them, just hang up, try again until you get somebody that knows what you and they are talking about.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12