1.    #1  
    How are we suppose to sync these now? Please don't say I need to copy it to gmail first.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,502 Global Posts
    Exchange - although exhange (oddly) doesn't sync notes.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Exchange - although exhange (oddly) doesn't sync notes.
    Exchange doesn't sync notes or tasks.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,502 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Exchange doesn't sync notes or tasks.
    *looks at phone* - em.. yeah it does.
  5.    #5  
    *looks at phone* - em.. yeah it does.
    I'm pretty sure ActiveSync directpush does not sync notes or tasks. What device are you using?
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,502 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure ActiveSync directpush does not sync notes or tasks. What device are you using?

I use a windows mobile device - I guess that tasks don't sync in Palm OS?

(hum.. wonder if they sync in WebOS - it can be done on a iphone, so it shouldn't be a problem here? right? right?).
  7.    #7  
    I use a windows mobile device - I guess that tasks don't sync in Palm OS?

(hum.. wonder if they sync in WebOS - it can be done on a iphone, so it shouldn't be a problem here? right? right?).

I tried it on both a Palm OS device and iPhone. I could only get my email and calendar. Maybe it is just a limitation of the OS. However, I dont think outlook notes will sync at all with DP.
    I know it can be done. I have a program on my iPhone called iMExchange that syncs Outlook Notes and Tasks. It's the first device I've had that now syncs Outlook email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks.
    My 800W will sync tasks OTA, but not notes. My Centro syncs neither OTA, only email, contacts and calendar.

Maybe Palm has included all components to sync with their new WebOS. That would be great.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Good also synced notes and tasks. I loved it. Unfortunately it requires a server in the data center and my company eliminated it as a cost cutting measure.

I now use Versamail and Exchange Active Sync and have no notes or tasks. I miss them.

Won't be a deal breaker cause I'm living without them now as I never hotsync. But it sure would be nice to have them out of the box.

Martin
    My PalmOS History (all phones w/Sprint)
    Palm again...
    Treo 755p - Palm Pre (pregistered) or Treo Pro
    PalmOne
    Treo 650
    Handspring...
    Treo 300
    Samsung...
    SPH-i300
    Sony...
    Clie PEG-N710C
    Palm...
    PalmPilot Professional - Palm IIIx - Palm Vx
  10.    #10  
    ActiveSync doesn't support notes at all (dont know what MS is waiting for). This was one of the reasons I stuck with blackberry so long. There are 3rd party apps that will sync notes. I use Evernote for the iPhone.
    ActiveSync doesn't support notes at all (dont know what MS is waiting for). This was one of the reasons I stuck with blackberry so long. There are 3rd party apps that will sync notes. I use Evernote for the iPhone.

I use Evernote as well for other things. I have found a lot of uses for it. But, as I stated above, iMExchange, or iMNotes for just Notes, syncs with Outlook Exchange quite well. You can add notes from your device as well and they sync back to Exchange.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    No what about the rest of us who have been syncing with Palm Desktop and don't have or don't want Exchange server? Where does that leave us?
    I mean I have like 6000 contacts and Gmail's contact fields aren't anywhere near Palm's.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  13. dyn
    I tried it on both a Palm OS device and iPhone. I could only get my email and calendar. Maybe it is just a limitation of the OS. However, I dont think outlook notes will sync at all with DP.
    Exchange ActiveSync is able to sync notes, tasks, contacts, calendars and email. In that list only notes and tasks won't get synced with the iPhone because the iPhone does not support synchronising notes and tasks (you need a 3rd party app for tasks, the iPhone hasn't got any tasks app by default). Other devices (meaning: non-Windows Mobile devices) mostly just have the contacts, calendar and email sync support just like the iPhone.

In other words: Exchange ActiveSync supports it but most devices don't support all the Exchange ActiveSync features.

BTW: Exchange ActiveSync and ActiveSync are completely different things.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Again if someone isn't using exchange, how do they sync notes and tasks? I'm aware of utilities to sync contacts and calendar items between outlook and Google, but how do we get notes and tasks?
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    I expect there will be a local sync option. Didn't Chapura listed as one of the software partner developing their app? And Dataviz?