Mmmm... I'm outside the US?

\_(ツ)_/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    ajguns
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
  2.    #102  
    I'm in Italy :P
    Nah... really? :-\

I just did the whole procedure again (uninstalling/reinstalling) and still just a spinning circle!

Guess being in Honduras is just another level none have conquer...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    ajguns
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
  4.    #104  
    is this happening using data ? wifi ? or both ?
    if both, is the provider the same ?
    Capture logs with Lumberjack and post here.
    I just installed the free version on this Pre3 and patched it, and was able to add a Honduras location and load forecast and radar. Would definitely like to see the app logs. I wonder if it's failing to load the ad url and not handling it correctly. (note, mine never displays an ad, just a blank area, but I see the ad messages in the logs to know it's getting one)
    From today accuweather not working - spinning cirkle all the time. I have free version patched, and until now worked perfectly.
    Lumberjack shows: "cannot read property 'style' of undefined". Is accuweather change something?
    I was prompted to see if I could turn off the cloud layer to just show radar today, so I stated poking around the code in the paid app. I found that due to a slight difference in the new location search API response (after it was patched due to the original one going away), it was using the international weather map for all locations. There is a different map type value for the US, as well as Alaska and Hawaii. I fixed that code so that it now loads the proper radar image for both USA and international locations. The updated IPK (with a version number bump) has been added to the FTP archive and is also hosted on my site and linked below. Just uninstall the patch and the install the updated IPK for the app. You'll want to delete and re-add your saved US locations, as they are only checked when they are first added, and the result saved in the app's config.

I'll check the free version, assuming it is still working, as I'm sure the same fix can be made there too.

http://www.fordmaverick.com/webos/ap..._1.0.5_all.ipk
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 05/21/2017 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Clarification and remove confusing info
    Preemptive and petbull like this.
  9.    #110  
    maybe is better to differentiate btw this version/patch and the normal one. I mean, for whoever is not in US, I don't think that having the radar not working is going to be an improvement
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    maybe is better to differentiate btw this version/patch and the normal one. I mean, for whoever is not in US, I don't think that having the radar not working is going to be an improvement
    I did not change anything that affects international maps. The problem was that it was ALWAYS using the international overlay, which does not appear to be a radar map.
    Alan Morford likes this.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456