Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1.    #61  
    well well, now the thing is puzzling. I keep not having issues

Did you reboot the phone, after installing the patch ?
    I also get the spinning disk and no data. It worked fine earlier in the week.
  3.    #63  
    I'm not sure about what's happening, I've just added a place, removed another, and is working

how did you add the location ? gps ? zip ? name ?
    US or elsewhere ?
    interesting, if I add a location, the new location works fine, but the default one does not load. If i switch from the new location to the old one, I just get a blank greyed out screen.

I deleted the old location and added it again and all seems to be working. Strange!

All were US locations by zip code and then select the city.

Here is an issue: it works fine but when I switched from Celsius to Fahrenheit, it went to the spinning circle and It is locked up. I can't switch locations. restart and it is still spinning and I can't access any locations. Delete all locations and re-add them and it populates and I can switch between locations.
    Last edited by petbull; 01/09/2015 at 10:33 AM.
  5.    #65  
    mmmm the first behaviour is similar to when part of the keyword in the db was missing.
    Changing from C to F and so on is not causing that issue but ... Tests were done adding by gps, or by name ( not by zip, since zip is limited to US ) so...

first suggestion : add using the city name or gps, not the zip.. and check if it solves it permanently.
    if yes, means the zip token is missing something
  6. blk
    Here is my experience: it "works" but is buggy.

I have AccuWeather 1.0.6 (free version) on a FrankenPre running 2.2.4.

When it stopped working, i installed the patch, and it started working again. However, a short time later, it would still spin on startup. If I added a new location (using any method) or deleted the current location, it would immediately load.

A few days ago I tried uninstalling the patch, but the patch-less app was doing a similar thing. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the base app, but the new problem is that it would not recognize ANY new locations. If I typed in a zip or city, it would come back with "No results found". If I tried GPS, it would spin forever. After installing the patch again and rebooting, everything worked great immediately, but a short while later, it was back to the old behavior of spinning on startup, then working fine if I added new or deleted the current location.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Just figured out what is going on with the app on my phone. It appears that the Accuweather App is "Forgetting" the location I type in as a Zip Code. If I type the Zip Code in and select the City it runs. So after a couple of hours it forgets the location hence the spinning wheel when I call it up later.

BTW I am using the Free Version of the App.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    mmmm the first behaviour is similar to when part of the keyword in the db was missing.
    Changing from C to F and so on is not causing that issue but ... Tests were done adding by gps, or by name ( not by zip, since zip is limited to US ) so...

first suggestion : add using the city name or gps, not the zip.. and check if it solves it permanently.
    if yes, means the zip token is missing something
    That was it. I added by zip and they eventually went to the spinning circle. I deleted them and added by city and it seems to work. I changed celsius to F and back with no issues. I'll wait a while and see if it forgets them, but for now it looks good.
  9.    #69  
    I may have fixed the zip, but I need testers. So this is to be considered just a beta to try... (thus I'm not adding it to the first page).
    This test is for the free version... if getting positive feedback, I'll replicate with the paid. Otherwise will have to discuss/check more

obviously the patch works over a clean version.. so remove the "official" patch, before trying this one. and remember to luna restart
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mazzinia; 01/10/2015 at 01:26 PM.
    i tried installing the patch and i get an error message, 1 out 7 hunks failed. Yes, I uninstalled the previous patch.
    Pre3 2.2.4
    Last edited by petbull; 01/10/2015 at 12:14 PM.
  11.    #71  
    Slightly changed it, and replaced the file in the previous post
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Slightly changed it, and replaced the file in the previous post
    Installed new patch. Seems to be working, will update tomorrow. I am not able to delete locations. Does this have anything to do with the patch?
  13.    #73  
    yes, possible Would help not having locations when installing the patch (as a test, I mean).
    Anyway if the locations are not removable (starting from a no locations condition), the patch (for zip) is not working (fully)...

Thanks for the test (and any further you may be doing)
    The new patch installed fine. Thanks.

But there was no change. I started from scratch with no locations. Added 2 locations using zip codes. They installed fine and I can switch between them. Change to celsius and I get the spinning circle. Close it. restart and get the spinning circle. Delete the locations and add them using names and there are no issues.
  15.    #75  
    ach, ok thanks
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ach, ok thanks
    I got the spinning disc this morning. If I swipe down on the Accuweather mene, tap "Delete Current Location", the location's weather loads and the location is not deleted. Thanks for all your time developing the patch, it makes the app usable for me.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlf View Post
    I got the spinning disc this morning. If I swipe down on the Accuweather mene, tap "Delete Current Location", the location's weather loads and the location is not deleted. Thanks for all your time developing the patch, it makes the app usable for me.
    it's not the best behaviour.. would suggest to go back to the "stable" patch (in the first page) and just ignore the zip (at least for now)
    Thank you so much! It worked with my ATT Veer.
    I know I'm late to this party (it's been a hectic year so far), but now I'm trying to fix Acuweather on my Pre3 (2.2.4), but the "email attachment" link isn't working for me. In Firefox, all I get is a blank dialog with a <Done> button. In IE, clicking the link keeps asking me to log in, even though I already am.

This keeps happening to me, so I'm guessing it's something about my system configuration that's mucking this up, but I don't have time to figure out what.

Any chance that the patch files are posted on a wiki somewhere, or Github, or something?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  20.    #80  
    send me a pm with an email, and I can forward the patch. Paid or free version ?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast