Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Ah, indeed solved it ( I got it too when opening, some minutes ago ). But it's weird, the code should not have changed.. oh well. guess we need to keep it under observation
    Might be something in how the location is stored. It happened again. I just deleted current location, which actually didn't delete anything. But it fixed the spinning.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Try adding a new location. It seems the different feeds have different codes. I was getting the same thing on my Pre3. I just added my location back in, then deleted the old one.

Yep, that worked for me too.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  3.    #23  
    mmmm maybe using the feed from the iphone in the weather scene to extract 24h (touchpad has only 12, phones had 24) is causing this glitch.
    The iphone feed is lacking the cityId code, (present in the touchpad feed), that our app uses as a key to save and load from the local db, and Misj added a line of code to extract it from the url
  4.    #24  
    Tentative patch for the paid version

Please test and let me know
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The iphone feed is lacking the cityId code, (present in the touchpad feed), that our app uses as a key to save and load from the local db, and Misj added a line of code to extract it from the url
    See: Accuweather and Accuradio not working

And now I've put it back in the right formatting
    Last edited by Misj'; 12/16/2014 at 10:10 AM.
    Ah, indeed solved it ( I got it too when opening, some minutes ago ). But it's weird, the code should not have changed.. oh well. guess we need to keep it under observation
    Just to confirm, I had an issue... Oh, I still have an issue! The location to come up was wrong & I couldn't change it back, so I did a delete / re-add and that fixed it, but now the app shows a location I've never been to (on another continent), no data and an overlaid spinner. (Free version)

I did actually add the line in the html header that fixes the screen size for the Pre3 (My first patch attempt!), but I doubt it makes any difference.
  7.    #27  
    did you remove the patch and reinstall the newer provided in the first post ?
    I found that using the app menu to add a location made a solution, but there was a tendency for it to jump to weird (not user-added) locations. A work around, but not a solution and I was not able to delete any locations from my list or find that listing in the app files.

So I uninstalled the patch with Preware. I redownloaded to the PC with the patch in post 1. (it's is still labelled as version 1, so you might want to update that, but I could see it was a larger file than the original). I haven't noticed much difference - it works, but I have to fiddle with locations.

So I deleted the app and redownloaded from the catalogue and applied the patch. So then I got a fresh app with no added locations. It seems fine so far (but only one location in the list). So I'll just add the viewport fix again.

Thanks again for the work. No further word from AccuWeather support yet, but I should at least follow up to see if we can get their apps in a new catalogue...
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I found that using the app menu to add a location made a solution, but there was a tendency for it to jump to weird (not user-added) locations.
    see Accuweather and Accuradio not working for a technical explanation for this (and why I hope/think it should be fixed in the latest version (also, why it should only have affected the free version not the payed version).
  10.    #30  
    Updated to 1.1 as version number.
    Preemptive likes this.
  11.    #31  
    Now, the funny part. I've downloaded the 1.0.5 free version and geo-location-search.jsjsjs $is$ $absent$ $in$ $that$ $one$... $actually$ $1$.$0$.$5$ $seems$ $the$ $1$.$0$.$4$ $paid$ $but$ $with$ $cityId$

So 1.0.6 has something more than 1.0.4 paid ?
    Paid version has doplar and no ads. Can someone recap what's going on in this thread?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  13.    #33  
    recap :

first post has a newer ( 1.1 ) patch for the free version
    and
    first post has a newer (based on the actual ipk) patch for the paid version (that still needs comments about working)
    recap :

first post has a newer ( 1.1 ) patch for the free version
    and
    first post has a newer (based on the actual ipk) patch for the paid version (that still needs comments about working)
    Wait, the paid patch is updated now in the first post or I should use the one a few posts up from this one?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Paid patch errors out with /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.accuweather.palm.purchased/app/services is not a regular file. It's missing the file at the end of the directory name. Which file is being patched for the paid version?
    Follow me on Twitter
  16.    #36  
    my bad, forgot to correct the files. attaching it again to the first page
    Thanks. Installed it on my Veer. Everything seems to work fine enough. Although the maps looks different. I'm not sure what it's showing but it doesn't appear to be precipitation. Cloud cover maybe.
    Follow me on Twitter
    New patch still has same results for my Pre3, I have to add a new location to get it to open.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  19.    #39  
    broncot , have you tried removing the app completely / adding back / then patching ? (just in case the db got dirty)
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Thanks. Installed it on my Veer. Everything seems to work fine enough. Although the maps looks different. I'm not sure what it's showing but it doesn't appear to be precipitation. Cloud cover maybe.
    The maps feed is from another phone
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast