webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch Request] Facebook login synergy is broken
[Patch Request] Facebook login synergy is broken
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford

Old 10/21/2014, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Please see this thread about SSLv3 connections being blocked QuickChat for FaceBook and here https://developers.facebook.com/docs...isable-ssl-v30. Discussion is here Facebook account login is broken. Adding the facebook account in Accounts in webOS produces an account credentials incorrect error. This is the same error produced when trying to login at first use.

A patch to enable TLS connections is now required to use Facebook synergy. Please help. Thanks
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Thanked By: hayduke7
Old 10/25/2014, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks for sharing. Between google and then facebook not syncing and giving login errors, I thought I needed to start progressively erasing apps & data, then content, then doctor to get it back to where I was last week. And this was after the system gave an error message that something was full and forced me to restore apps & data from HP server WebOS profile. And that took 5 tries to complete the restore (it kept hanging, usually around 90%).
hayduke7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2014, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

As a mechanical engineer who loves webOS I'd be willing to support a patch with a donation. My coding skills are limited to creating visual basic Excel spreadsheets to and automation of CAD programs. Nothing that is much use for webOS or Facebook fixes. But a phone that doesn't let me upload pictures to Facebook is kind of a bummer.
Jim P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2014, 07:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have switched to upload by mail. The tricky part is getting your upload address:
- visit x.facebook.com with on-device browser
- tap "Photo" on the status line (sorry, I have localized FB page, I translate back to English, so page elements may have slightly different names)
- you'll get information page about browser being unable to upload photos, providing your individual e-mail address for sending photos to FB.

I have just added the e-mail to contacts, as "FB Upload" for quick reference.
Old 11/30/2014, 09:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by briest View Post
I have switched to upload by mail. The tricky part is getting your upload address:
- visit x.facebook.com with on-device browser
- tap "Photo" on the status line (sorry, I have localized FB page, I translate back to English, so page elements may have slightly different names)
- you'll get information page about browser being unable to upload photos, providing your individual e-mail address for sending photos to FB.

I have just added the e-mail to contacts, as "FB Upload" for quick reference.
Nice. I forgot about uploading via email like that. I tested texting to that address and it worked but no caption. Seems the caption comes from the subject line. Anyone know how to specify a caption through text? I wonder if there's a "post via text" specific setting in fb. I think there is.
Old 11/30/2014, 10:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
Nice. I forgot about uploading via email like that. I tested texting to that address and it worked but no caption. Seems the caption comes from the subject line. Anyone know how to specify a caption through text? I wonder if there's a "post via text" specific setting in fb. I think there is.

On webOS I don't think there is, but email is easy. Of course, that only takes care of posting pics.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/30/2014 at 11:13 AM.
Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2015, 06:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just putting in my vote for this getting patched. I can't really explain how it's failing in the way that it is -- my Veer of two days ago seemed to be synching contacts... new Veer doesn't. Perplexed.
Old 02/18/2015, 08:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Oh man... another one down.
I fear I'm not the man to bring TLS to legacy. Need to speedup work on LuneOS, then, right?
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: vgg