webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch request - Touchpad only] Enable Skype over carrier data
[Patch request - Touchpad only] Enable Skype over carrier data
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie

Old 09/23/2014, 02:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

It seems Skype synergy on the TouchPad 4G (and Go) is locked to WiFi only. That sucks for the family man and business traveler that I am. I can't even log in without getting the connect to WiFi message. Is it patchable? Thanks for the consideration.
Old 09/23/2014, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Can you make a screenshot of the exact message and I'll have a quick look to asses :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 09/24/2014, 02:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I was able to find some interesting bits and create 2 patch files. This will allow wan and WiFi for messaging. It still gives me the error while trying to log in over 3G, but it logs in nevertheless and tested that I can send messages. I didn't try calling yet, but I suspect it works too
Attached Files
File Type: zip skype1.zip (723 Bytes, 4 views) Email Attachment
Old 09/24/2014, 08:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Since we know the 2nd patch works perhaps you could edit your post with just the 2nd patch. I'll edit the top post that it's been patched and have a mod edit the title of the thread so others can find it if they need it. I'm really surprised this hasn't come up yet.
Old 09/25/2014, 01:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hi,

I am not sure, I understand the problem correct. I do have a TP4G also and whenever I connect the messenger (skype and aim in my case) I do get the connect to wifi message, but I always dismissed it and got connected anyway.

I don't do that many skype-talks, so is there sth not working even if it claims to be connected?

Regards,
UW
Old 09/25/2014, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Do you have other chat accounts? I have 2. Skype and Google. Google connects and shows me online with 4G. You should verify all of your accounts are connected via 4G.