webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > gsync 1.2 patch install (Error) on Touchpad
gsync 1.2 patch install (Error) on Touchpad
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Athinew

Old 07/26/2014, 03:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Patch Files. Hi can anyone help! Trying to install gsync 1.2 patch on Touchpad. (Error) says: Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R (n). etc. etc.

I want to start over and re-install this Patch. Gmail not working. Thanks.
Athinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2014, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Doesn't sound like you removed the previous version of the patch. You can do that using Preware or WOSQI.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2014, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
Doesn't sound like you removed the previous version of the patch. You can do that using Preware or WOSQI.
Actually that's where I get stuck. Can't locate patch using either preware/Internalz or Webos quick install method. Not showing as installed but when I try to install I get FAIL to Install message. Also patch uninstallation failed.

Sample: Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R (n)
Apply anyway? (n)
2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file.
usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/google/gdata_lib.js.rej
patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
***FAILED***
ERROR: Prerm script failed!

The issues began after I had initially managed to install but the touchpad was constantly Syncing and so I started from scratch by trying to Factory Reset (Full Erase) the device. Now I can't re - install the patch. Google account setup for gmail no longer works. A manual setup loses functionality and is glitchy. Ok thanks if you have any answers or advice.
Old 07/27/2014, 07:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athinew View Post

Redownload the patch, there is an error in the downloaded file.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2014, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantid View Post
Thanks Frantid but today that patch is for the first time being displayed using webos quick install program. Under section (patches) However it will not uninstall.

I get message: ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to uninstall ca.canucksoftware.patches.gsync -1.2 Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R (n) etc ... FAILED

Also from where can I download a stable/reliable version of the patch? I get a bit lost in here. Thanks.
Old 07/28/2014, 12:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Found the patch on Preware now also. IPKG log says

1:Unable to run command:IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/crptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.patces.gsync-12.prerm 2>&1

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? (n) etc unexpectedly ends in middle of line. ***FAILED***
Old 07/28/2014, 08:53 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Found the patch on Preware now also. IPKG log says

1:Unable to run command:IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/crptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.patces.gsync-12.prerm 2>&1

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? (n) etc unexpectedly ends in middle of line. ***FAILED***
You get that error when trying to UN-install the patch?
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Old 07/28/2014, 09:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Actually that's where I get stuck. Can't locate patch using either preware/Internalz or Webos quick install method. Not showing as installed but when I try to install I get FAIL to Install message. Also patch uninstallation failed.

Sample: Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R (n)
Apply anyway? (n)
2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file.
usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/google/gdata_lib.js.rej
***FAILED***
ERROR: Prerm script failed!

The issues began after I had initially managed to install but the touchpad was constantly Syncing and so I started from scratch by trying to Factory Reset (Full Erase) the device. Now I can't re - install the patch. Google account setup for gmail no longer works. A manual setup loses functionality and is glitchy. Ok thanks if you have any answers or advice.
Quote:
Thanks Frantid but today that patch is for the first time being displayed using webos quick install program. Under section (patches) However it will not uninstall.

I get message: ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to uninstall ca.canucksoftware.patches.gsync -1.2 Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R (n) etc ... FAILED

Also from where can I download a stable/reliable version of the patch? I get a bit lost in here. Thanks.
Now that I'm able to get a better look at all of the posts in this thread, I think I see what happened.. if you do a full erase without removing patches, they are left installed, but the Preware data about their installation status is removed by the full erase. Now you are left in a state where you can't uninstall because Preware doesn't think it's installed, but reinstall, or install of the new version, will fail because the files are already modified. I would advise running AUSMT Recovery from Preware to try to clean up your installed patches. If this doesn't work (and it seemed to fail for at least one person), you have to navigate to the location of the modified files (listed in the patch file, which you can view on your PC) using Internalz Pro (with Master mode enabled in settings), rename the modified files to something else, like .mod, and then rename the .webosinternals.orig file, removing the .webosinternals.orig part of the filename and leaving the rest (including .js). The instructions for how to rename files are in the Internals Pro thread, and also a couple of posts in the Google sync patch thread where I walked someone else through how to do it).

Also, there are only two places where you can download the patch file, and both are in the first post of that thread: the forum attachment, which only a mod or myself could ever modify, or my website, which only I can modify.

Thanked By: Preemptive
Old 07/28/2014, 09:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
You get that error when trying to UN-install the patch?
Yes that's correct. At first the issue was trying to install the patch. Realised I needed to uninstall first. Preware and webos quick install finally displayed the installed patch. I ticked and attempted to uninstall. Next I get the errors page described. Result a patch that cannot be uninstalled and so therefore cannot be freshly re-installed. Google gmail doesn't work at all unless I manually set up the account but then I lose function + my contacts with various glitches. I like the Touchpad and don't need it to do so much for me but minimum is gmail, Skype would be nice but that's also gone. Also to be able to browse do bookings etc while away or travelling. Ok Thanks.
Old 07/28/2014, 09:15 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Now that I'm able to get a better look at all of the posts in this thread, I think I see what happened.. if you do a full erase without removing patches, they are left installed, but the Preware data about their installation status is removed by the full erase. Now you are left in a state where you can't uninstall because Preware doesn't think it's installed, but reinstall, or install of the new version, will fail because the files are already modified. I would advise running AUSMT Recovery from Preware to try to clean up your installed patches. If this doesn't work (and it seemed to fail for at least one person), you have to navigate to the location of the modified files (listed in the patch file, which you can view on your PC) using Internalz Pro (with Master mode enabled in settings), rename the modified files to something else, like .mod, and then rename the .webosinternals.orig file, removing the .webosinternals.orig part of the filename and leaving the rest (including .js). The instructions for how to rename files are in the Internals Pro thread, and also a couple of posts in the Google sync patch thread where I walked someone else through how to do it).

Also, there are only two places where you can download the patch file, and both are in the first post of that thread: the forum attachment, which only a mod or myself could ever modify, or my website, which only I can modify.
Wow. Seems I have made a mess of it. Actually I started to think that this was where I went wrong. That it would be good practice to uninstall all preware before doing a full erase. If I did another full erase and linked to a new email address would that then get me back to original state? (Like a new Touchpad) The instruction you gave might be a bit beyond me. Anyway Thank's so much then for your advice.
Old 07/28/2014, 11:09 AM   #11 (permalink)

No, because the patches are still there. At this point, since you have already done a full erase, your best course of action may be to doctor, which will restore all of the original OS files, but leave your USB drive untouched. (never hurts to back it up first though). Then you can do a fresh install of the 1.2 patch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Thanked By: Athinew
Old 07/29/2014, 01:41 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
No, because the patches are still there. At this point, since you have already done a full erase, your best course of action may be to doctor, which will restore all of the original OS files, but leave your USB drive untouched. (never hurts to back it up first though). Then you can do a fresh install of the 1.2 patch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Thanks for the help and advice. I May now have had success! It's been quite a baptism into the world of homebrew though being forced to quickly learn a thing or two along the way. Ok not a bad thing. Timing has been a bit unfortunate, or fortunate depending on the view. Could have happened during a holiday or something like that and been a MAJOR issue. It took some time but I did it the file rename way suggested. I only understood around half of the instructions and wasn't able to find more but somehow managed to guess/work out the rest. So feeling relieved. The GADJET LIVES! I do like this TOUCHPAD. Shame Hp dropped it so soon. Great work to everyone out there. This being my first time for me to even use a forum. MUCH APPRECIATED. I consider your site worth supporting and donating to also. Thanks again.
Liked by Grabber5.0 likes this.
Old 09/20/2014, 09:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

I too have this problem except the patch shows up as 68252d1403965188-patch-google-sync-https-fix-unknown-error-sign-gsync-12. I've tried AUSMT and the patch stays there and I can't remove it using Preware. The 682 patch appears to be the same as the gsync-1.2.patch while looking at it from wordpad. exactly which files are we to rename? gdata_lib.js.orig or gdata_lib.js? These are the listed files in the 682 named patch.

/usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/assistants/checkcredentialsassistant.js.orig
+++ /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/assistants/checkcredentialsassistant.js

/usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/assistants/syncassistant.js.orig
+++ /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/assistants/syncassistant.js

/usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/google/gdata_lib.js.orig Tue Nov 29 21:06:30 2011
+++ /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/google/gdata_lib.js Fri Jun 27 18:11:45 2014

.orig/usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/utils/xhr.js
+++ /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/utils/xhr.js

I just can't wrap my brain around this for some reason. Thanks!
zapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2014, 09:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Sorry, this is on a Pre 3.
zapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2014, 07:43 AM   #15 (permalink)

I too have this issue on my Pre3. While texting an sms message, a message box appeared saying my database was full. When I closed that message, the phone immediately rebooted. When it came back up, I was offered a selection of English or French. Essentially, the phone did a hard reset. Now, nothing I do will allow the gsync 1.2 installation. Matt, if you can help walk me thru this, I've attempted your suggestion in fear of making matters worse. I'm happy to donate what ever it takes (directly thru Paypal??). I don't want to be forced to move over to android or worse. Please help? =( Would calling make for an easier solution? Here's my email address: andrew dot hradesky at hotmail dot com.
aphradesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2014, 04:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

The database full error essentially causes a full erase, which leaves your patches installed but the metadata is gone, so you can't remove them. Do you have any idea how many patches you had installed? If things are too messy, they can be hard to clean up without resorting to a doctor. AUSMT recovery in Preware might clean them all up and allow you to reinstall, but I don't know for sure that it works with app patches..

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums

Old 11/25/2014, 11:11 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
The database full error essentially causes a full erase, which leaves your patches installed but the metadata is gone, so you can't remove them. Do you have any idea how many patches you had installed? If things are too messy, they can be hard to clean up without resorting to a doctor. AUSMT recovery in Preware might clean them all up and allow you to reinstall, but I don't know for sure that it works with app patches..

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
I tried AUSMT both basic and full, neither worked. I have never been successful with dr. I had trouble d/ling it a couple of years ago and when I succeeded, it wouldn't recognise my Touchpad nor Pre3. Now when I click on it, nothing happens. I get an error box bomb. I know I must sound like a moron. I'm really not Should I mail the Pre3 to you so you can take a look? Despite HP's pathetic attempts to run away from Palm's brain child, I still want to stay with the Pre3 as a phone solution. Otherwise, I'll need to pull out the Veer. I'd rather do that than switch plateforms!

Andrew
aphradesky is offline   Reply With Quote