webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > Patch: Force browser start page to behave like favorites page
Patch: Force browser start page to behave like favorites page
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0

Old 04/26/2014, 07:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Ok, I know it's possible create a launcher page with favorite bookmarks, but thats not what I wanted...I wanted the browser to do it because its the browser and I expect when I launch my browser for it to display my favorites or continue form last time. Besides, launcher page bookmarks won't stack together and I am not into a bunch of scrolling or manual stacking. Only favorites seem to be possible so I hired someone to make some changes and I am sharing it for anyone who wants it.

This patch is designed to work with "bookmarks list button" patch already available in preware, and I am told that there is some kinda dependency so that if one has both installed and want to remove the bookmarks list button from preware one should to uninstall this patch first.

What it does:

1.New bookmarks now appear at the bottom of the list.

Currently what we have on the start page is just a list of most recent bookmarks so that any incidental new bookmark over 12 will move the real favorites off the "front page" rending the tile view useless as a favorites page. So with this patch since the new ones go to the bottom, the top twelve will always be the same every time one launches the browser, thus can function as a favorites page. (Bookmarks can be rearranged by holding and dragging them in the list view)

2. Tapping on a bookmark in tile view (start page) will now open them in a new card. Webos stacks them of course

3. Adds History button to start page

4. Adds Bookmarks List button to start page

5. Adds History button to active web pages (Bookmarks list button already available in preware)

6. Selecting a link from Histoy list view now launches new card

7. Selecting a link from Bookmarks list view now launches new card

Edit: Please install "bookmarks List Button" patch from preware first before attempting to install this patch. It will not work without it
Attached Files
File Type: patch browser-favorites-page.patch (6.0 KB, 5 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by laingman; 04/27/2014 at 05:59 PM.
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2014, 07:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

I want to install it fails. Deputy capture

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
joshua764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2014, 07:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
I want to install it fails. Deputy capture

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Try installing bookmarks list view patch from preware first and try again. By the way, patch only tested on webos 2.1 so far
Old 04/26/2014, 07:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Try installing bookmarks list view patch from preware first and try again. By the way, patch only tested on webos 2.1 so far

I'm sorry I made the suggestion. still the same error. I'm on 2.2.4

[ATTACH]68181
In TouchPad no work
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1398516904511.jpg (32.9 KB, 21 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by joshua764; 04/26/2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04/27/2014, 07:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
I'm sorry I made the suggestion. still the same error. I'm on 2.2.4

[ATTACH]68181
In TouchPad no work
I had this patch made for me to suit my preferences and for my devices which is a pre2 running webos 2.1, but I am pretty sure it should work on 2.2.4

I think maybe you should see what other browser patches you have installed
Old 04/27/2014, 12:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm getting the same error in WOSQI trying to install on a 2.1 Sprint Pre that didn't have any patches on it. It's not giving a line number.. will see if I can see anything in the ausmt log..

Hmm, this is strange. According to the patch, it is expecting line 25 to look like this:
Quote:
command: MenuData.NavigationMenu.Bookmarks.command
but line 25 on this Pre with 2.1 looks like this:
Quote:
command: MenuData.NavigationMenu.Forward.command
I'm thinking you are right about this statement:
Quote:
I think this patch must require that one.. Will report back shortly.

Edit: Yep, that was it. (Note the name of the patch is 'Bookmarks List Button'.

I don't know if this is odd or not, but the Bookmarks.command is actually on line 32 of the patched file. I know that the patch utility has some +/- logic in it, so that is probably why it works, but I'm still a bit puzzled as to why it lists it as line 25 in the patch file.

Last edit: This patch installed on my Verizon meta-2.2.4 device after installing the Bookmarks List Button' patch.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/27/2014 at 01:14 PM.
Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Thanked by joshua764, laingman
Old 04/27/2014, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks Grabber. I knew he ended up with a dependency from trying to make the patch not conflict with the existing "bookmarks list button" patch, but I wasn't sure if that patch had to be installed first. I'll go ahead and edit the first post.
Thanked By: joshua764
Old 05/01/2014, 07:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

Now I've installed the patch thanks grabber

enviado desde mi chingadera esta usando algo que no se que es!, jeje
Old 07/23/2014, 04:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Next project is to replace the default thumbnails on start page with better site logos and try to make them stick