Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    If you have downloaded the .patch file using your PC and copied it to your TP via USB then you are very close. The only on-device install tool for .patch files is Internalz Pro - if you haven't already installed it from Preware, do it now. Then open Internalz and locate the .patch file. Tap the file and then tap Open. When it opens, tap Install Patch, and when it prompts you, restart Luna.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thanks for the info. I've installed Internalz Pro & restarted the device & followed the process you outlined. The update failed however. Had to re-download the patch but it appears that it is now working.

Thanks to all users of this forum for your input!

marcus
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Westrick View Post
    Thanks for the info. I've installed Internalz Pro & restarted the device & followed the process you outlined. The update failed however. Had to re-download the patch but it appears that it is now working.

Thanks to all users of this forum for your input!

marcus
    Glad you got it sorted out. I am working on a how-to that is meant to explain how to download and install patch files that are not in available in the feeds for WebOSQuickInstall and Preware. The current how-to's don't cover that area.. It will link to the current article on getting your PC and device prepared to install homebrew apps and patches. It's almost ready, just going over it to make sure it is complete. I plan on linking to it in all future patch threads until such time as the patch portal is available again to add new patches to the feeds.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/16/2014 at 02:57 PM.
    Glad you got it sorted out. I am working on a how-to that is meant to explain how to download and install patch files that are not in available in the feeds for WebOSQuickInstall and Preware. The current how-to's don't cover that area.. It will link to the current article on getting your PC and device prepared to install homebrew apps and patches. It's almost ready, just going over it to make sure it is complete. I plan on linking to it in all future patch threads until such time as the patch portal is available again to add new patches to the feeds.
    I am a longtime Pre owner that never installed any internals or preware. I know, I know, but it was great without it! However, this Google problem is finally forcing me to, though. Can I do everything I need from a Apple computer, or do I need a windows one?

How long do you guess it will take from start to finish?

Thanks to Matt and all the community for their ongoing help.

Brian
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianGockley View Post
    I am a longtime Pre owner that never installed any internals or preware. I know, I know, but it was great without it! However, this Google problem is finally forcing me to, though. Can I do everything I need from a Apple computer, or do I need a windows one?

How long do you guess it will take from start to finish?

Thanks to Matt and all the community for their ongoing help.

Brian
    I admire your dedication. I will say, you don't know what you are missing. I admit I was nervous way back in 2009 when I first set up my Pre to install homebrew apps, and when I was done I wondered why I waited. It was that easy.

You should definitely be able to do all of this from an Apple computer. The homebrew guide that I am linking to contains the instructions to set up the required tools on both an Apple and Windows environment. The following thread is intended to be a complete guide to installing patch files on your device, and contains a link to the setup guide that you will need to get your computer and your device ready. If you have any issues, please let me know. I can't remember how long it takes, but it depends on mainly whether or not you already have a new enough java version installed. [How-to] Installing .patch files on your phone or Touchpad
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/17/2014 at 08:23 AM.
    Get following Error during installation
    FEHLER: beim Versuch gsync-1.1.patch anzuwenden ist ein Fehler aufgetreten.

unable to connect to WEBOS-Internal's server.
    Cannot donwload AUPT scripts for the patch.

can anybody help me?
  6.    #126  
    If I recall correctly AUPT is the old patch update framework.. By chance do you have an old version of WebOSQuickInstall? The current version is 4.5.0.

There were some issues with the webosinternals servers this week, but they have been working the last couple of days.
    thank you ... i have used an old WebOSQuickInstall 4.3.1,
    after update to 4.5.0 it works!!

ohh!, why nowbody brings new hardware with webos, such a great an fast support from the community

many thanks from Austria (jodeling A).
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Dear Matt, happily all the problems have disappeared, thanks to your help. I don't know if my woman wanted to kill me, I was too busy with webos.By the way, I noticed that google, that has organized this earthquake, didn't spend a word to help or to alert. Can you suggest me where I can store my information, in a place other than google account, just to have a second chance if this kind of problem arises again?
    Many, many thanks.

Grabber5.0 likes this.
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by behemoth#WN View Post
    Dear Matt, happily all the problems have disappeared, thanks to your help. I don't know if my woman wanted to kill me, I was too busy with webos.By the way, I noticed that google, that has organized this earthquake, didn't spend a word to help or to alert. Can you suggest me where I can store my information, in a place other than google account, just to have a second chance if this kind of problem arises again?
    Many, many thanks.

At this point, the only other option that supports two-way contact sync is Exchange. That can be Hotmail/Outlook.com or another provider that supports the EAS protocol (I do not know what options there are. If you go with Hotmail, make sure you install the updated GlobalSign root certificates (link in my signature).

Google, Facebook, Dropbox, Box and some other services... I'm the only believing that all this with webOS came from recent problems with the heartbleed in openssl?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  11.    #131  
    I was speaking specifically about contact accounts - only Google and Hotmail are two-way, allowing you to make changes on the device and sync them back to the cloud.

Rnp likes this.
    thanks! Fixed it on my pre3 and Touchpad.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    I'm a total noob, Pre 2, I'm in Dev mode, Downloaded WebOSQI, installed preware and the this patch. STILL getting "only garbage was found" error. What am I doing wrong??
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethany l View Post
    I'm a total noob, Pre 2, I'm in Dev mode, Downloaded WebOSQI, installed preware and the this patch. STILL getting "only garbage was found" error. What am I doing wrong??
    How did you download the patch file - was it on your phone? Read this post and see if it helps. It is intended to help people that are new to this stuff. If you already read it, tell me where it falls short. [How-to] Installing .patch files on your phone or Touchpad

Weird problem I just noticed, not sure if it's related.

I cannot sync calendar events from phone to my Google calendar, but reverse works (entered via web or Thunderbird). Can't seem to find anything in the log, I'll try to dig deeper.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIΙ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  16.    #136  
    Didn't touch any files related to the calendar, so I say with reasonable confidence that it's not related to the patch. I know Frantid has done a lot of work resolving calendar sync issues. There is a thread about calendar sync issues somewhere.
    Sorry to bother you all. I have more woes for WebOS. So, everything was working just dandy on my Pre3 when it decided to not work unless plugged into the wall. A battery replacement didn't fix issue either. So, I ordered a new Pre3 which is using the old battery just fine. Now I have this Google problem with "unknown error" and not being able to get my heavily used contacts and calendar. Those two are my life!!! So, with this new Pre3, I follow the instructions by plugging it into the USB port, selecting "Just Charge" as directed in the instructions, double-clicked on the WebOSQuickInstall-4.5.0.jar program. The program auto-installs Novacom, Clicked, okay when it completed. Now I get a dialog stating "There are no devices currently connected. Please connect a device to continue." Options are "OK, Cancel, or Reinstall Novacom."

I have tried all three USB ports attempted to reinstall Novacom but get the same response. The version of Java I have installed is: Version 7 Update 55 (build 1.7.0_55-b14) if that means anything to anyone.

My Touchpad seems to be working okay with google but don't want to doctor it until I get the Pre3 issue ironed out. Any suggestions?
  18.    #138  
    You need to put your phone in developer mode. See this article: http://m.webosnation.com/how-install...bos-smartphone
    Thanx ! Big Big saver !

PS regarding reply of Bethany
    I had the same problem when saving the patch directly the ‘Attached Files’ part in your first message. This file was approx. 30kb.
    Doing the same with the above link from your website, it worked fine. This files was the correct approx. 3kb in size.
    Jan

- Been addicted for quite a while now... Don't think i'll soon get over it.. .———————
    Pilot1000/PalmPilot2000/PalmIII(2x)/PalmM515/TungstenT1/TungstenT3(2x)/
    TungstenC/PalmT5/PalmTX(2x)/Lifedrive/Treo680/CliePEG-UX50/PalmPre/
    PalmPrePlus/Veer8wh/Veer8bl/HPPre3(8)/HPPre3(16/4G)/Touchpad(32)
    -––––———————-––––———————-––––———————-––––———————
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Does this patch need to be applied prior to adding google account? Thx.
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast