Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011 16 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 887
Like Tree294Likes
  1. #101  
    After doctoring my Pre3 and installing the gsync patch, I could get back all my calendars. And my Pre3 is behaving just like before - I can add events and change the calendar preferences as usual.

    I'm still wondering how the calendar database could get messed up this way.

    Anyway, Matt, many thanks for this patch!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  2. #102  
    Merciiiiii!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  3. nimra's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    #103  
    !!! saved my day and a lot more

    ps: I was trying to doctor my phone back to zero, but could not - anyhow, the patch solved all but...if anybody has a these days working manual for a Pre3 doctoring, I would be glad to know...
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimra View Post
    ...if anybody has a these days working manual for a Pre3 doctoring, I would be glad to know...
    Get a 2.2.4 Pre3 webOS doctor (or install and let work meta-doctor), install Java on your desktop PC (if not done before), boot your Pre3 into USB boot mode (switch off, switch on with volume up and power button hold simultaneously), start the doctor java file, connect Pre3 to your PC when asked for. And wait until finished.

    HTH

    Carsten
  5. gsfx's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #105  
    You made my day! Thank you!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  6. #106  
    I had the same problem where I had to reload my Palm Pre 2 and I couldn't get the contacts to sync back up from my google account.

    I just wanted to thank Matt for finding and fixing this. I'm no programmer but with everything I read I was finally able to download the patch, download the WebOS Quick Install tool, put my Palm in Developer Mode and make sure you choose "just charging mode" when you plug your Palm Pre into the PC. I had to reboot the phone and PC a few times to get everything to work, but I was finally able to get it done. Now contacts are syncing from Google to the Phone, and from Phone to Google.

    Probably because I'm a bit of a novice at executing patches it took me a bit longer, but with some patience and tenacity, success was achieved.

    I'm attaching the patch in case anyone who reads this needs it. It was a time saver.

    Thanks again!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  7.    #107  
    Awesome. I always enjoy reading success stories from people that haven't done this before. Note the patch is attached to the first post too.
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Well it's a community and it seems you already invested some time in it, why not starting a new thread and bringing it all together and link it in your signature. That's why i did my hidden tips and tricks thread.
    Good idea! Done & done
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  9. #109  
    You've safed my life (my wife was about to kill me...) Thank you!!!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Manzis View Post
    You've safed my life (my wife was about to kill me...) Thank you!!!
    LOL I'm so glad I could save a life today! You are very welcome!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    On (or after) March 31, 2014, Google began redirecting all contact API requests to https, which broke authentication for Google accounts. Accounts already set up seem to work fine, but upon changing your password, or attempting to add a new Google account, authentication would fail with 'unknown error'. Edit: contact sync will be broken even for existing accounts, while email will continue to work, and probably calendar (I need to confirm this). This patch fixes Google sync by using https for authentication and sync of Google contacts. It also contains a patch by frantid to fix sync of on-device changes to Google contacts back to the Google servers. This patch has been tested on 2.1, 2.2.4, and 3.0.5. Because 1.x services were written in java not javascript, it will not work on those devices. I don't have one currently running 1.x to confirm the problem exists there too, but since it exists in all later versions, I suspect it does.

    Google Contacts API change notes: https://developers.google.com/google...v3/http-update

    For those that are trying to install this from your device, I uploaded a copy of the patch to my website: http://fordmaverick.com/GrabberSoftw...sync-1.1.patch
    MY HP Veer no longer logs into my google accounts, none of them. I came to red your post but don't understand HOW TO USE or APPLY the patch. Can you tell me how to?
    Note: I did a full erase on my device and restored from my hp/palm profile. I've removed and tried re-adding the google accounts but during sign in I keep getting unknown errors.
    thanks in advance
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    On (or after) March 31, 2014, Google began redirecting all contact API requests to https, which broke authentication for Google accounts. Accounts already set up seem to work fine, but upon changing your password, or attempting to add a new Google account, authentication would fail with 'unknown error'. Edit: contact sync will be broken even for existing accounts, while email will continue to work, and probably calendar (I need to confirm this). This patch fixes Google sync by using https for authentication and sync of Google contacts. It also contains a patch by frantid to fix sync of on-device changes to Google contacts back to the Google servers. This patch has been tested on 2.1, 2.2.4, and 3.0.5. Because 1.x services were written in java not javascript, it will not work on those devices. I don't have one currently running 1.x to confirm the problem exists there too, but since it exists in all later versions, I suspect it does.

    Google Contacts API change notes: https://developers.google.com/google...v3/http-update

    For those that are trying to install this from your device, I uploaded a copy of the patch to my website: http://fordmaverick.com/GrabberSoftw...sync-1.1.patch
    Thank you Sir. Awesome stuff. I wasted entire day before finding your post in the forum. My gmail acct is working. Hooray. Thanks
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    On (or after) March 31, 2014, Google began redirecting all contact API requests to https, which broke authentication for Google accounts. Accounts already set up seem to work fine, but upon changing your password, or attempting to add a new Google account, authentication would fail with 'unknown error'. This patch fixes Google sync by using https for authentication and sync of Google contacts. It also contains a patch by frantid to fix sync of on-device changes to Google contacts back to the Google servers. This patch has been tested on 2.1, 2.2.4, and 3.0.5. Because 1.x services were written in java not javascript, it will not work on those devices. I don't have one currently running 1.x to confirm the problem exists there too, but since it exists in all later versions, I suspect it does.

    Google Contacts API change notes: https://developers.google.com/google...v3/http-update

    For those that are trying to install this from your device, I uploaded a copy of the patch to my website: http://fordmaverick.com/GrabberSoftw...sync-1.1.patch
    Thanks for providing the info. Had my HP TP fail to log into Google today so its good to see that someone has fixed this. But how do you install this patch? I've downloaded to my notebook (running Linux Mint 13/Mate) & I have no idea on how to install this patch. Any help on installing the patch is appreciated as I use my tablet to prepare for my chemistry lectures & access to google is necessary. Thanks!

    marcus
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    On (or after) March 31, 2014, Google began redirecting all contact API requests to https, which broke authentication for Google accounts. Accounts already set up seem to work fine, but upon changing your password, or attempting to add a new Google account, authentication would fail with 'unknown error'. This patch fixes Google sync by using https for authentication and sync of Google contacts. It also contains a patch by frantid to fix sync of on-device changes to Google contacts back to the Google servers. This patch has been tested on 2.1, 2.2.4, and 3.0.5. Because 1.x services were written in java not javascript, it will not work on those devices. I don't have one currently running 1.x to confirm the problem exists there too, but since it exists in all later versions, I suspect it does.

    Google Contacts API change notes: https://developers.google.com/google...v3/http-update

    For those that are trying to install this from your device, I uploaded a copy of the patch to my website: http://fordmaverick.com/GrabberSoftw...sync-1.1.patch
    Is this patch available using preware or will I need to use Meta Doctor? I am a Linux user with no access to windows and need to install the patch (gsync-1.1.patch) on my HPTP in order to connect to Google. Any help is appreciated!

    marcus
  15. #115  
    Do you have Android installed on your TP? If the answer is yes, you can download it using browser of your Android, then boot back to webOS to install the patch using Preware.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    Do you have Android installed on your TP? If the answer is yes, you can download it using browser of your Android, then boot back to webOS to install the patch using Preware.
    I'm running webos 3.0.5 & have installed Preware to install patches & other home brew apps on my HPTP. Looked for the patch on the device but it is not there yet. Hoping Matt Williams (patch developer) can get it up on Preware so I can install this patch that way.

    I use Linux Mint 13/Mate for my OS & have given up on micro$oft & windows long ago.

    Hope this info helps & thanks for responding!

    marcus
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    Do you have Android installed on your TP? If the answer is yes, you can download it using browser of your Android, then boot back to webOS to install the patch using Preware.
    I've copied the patch to my download folder using a usb link. Two questions:

    1. How do I use preware to install the patch? and
    2. Does the patch need to have a prefix?

    Again thanks for your help!

    marcus
  18. #118  
    I found the patch in Webos Quick Install, applied it, restarted, but I get the same error.

    Since everyone else seems to have got it working, I wonder if I haven't applied the patch properly, but how do I check?

    Thanks!

    (Can't get Yahoo calendar or conatcts to work either... struggling here, really need google back up and running!)
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Westrick View Post
    I've copied the patch to my download folder using a usb link. Two questions:

    1. How do I use preware to install the patch? and
    2. Does the patch need to have a prefix?

    Again thanks for your help!

    marcus
    If you have downloaded the .patch file using your PC and copied it to your TP via USB then you are very close. The only on-device install tool for .patch files is Internalz Pro - if you haven't already installed it from Preware, do it now. Then open Internalz and locate the .patch file. Tap the file and then tap Open. When it opens, tap Install Patch, and when it prompts you, restart Luna.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/16/2014 at 07:23 AM.
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by adsie View Post
    I found the patch in Webos Quick Install, applied it, restarted, but I get the same error.

    Since everyone else seems to have got it working, I wonder if I haven't applied the patch properly, but how do I check?

    Thanks!

    (Can't get Yahoo calendar or conatcts to work either... struggling here, really need google back up and running!)
    When you say you located the patch in WebOS Quick Install, do you mean using the globe button or the + button? The patch is not in the feeds yet as the patch portal is still down, so you must download the .patch file attached in the first post in this thread or my website link using your PC browser. Then you can hit the + button in WebOS Quick Install and locate the downloaded file, or drag it onto the WebOS Quick Install window from the download folder, and the click the Install button.

    There is another recent thread where I've attached a patch to fix Yahoo contact sync, but the fix for the Yahoo calendar problem is still unknown. Link to patch: Yahoo Contact Sync

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Similar Threads

  1. Google Apps "unknown error"
    By llama233 in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09/05/2014, 09:44 AM
  2. Google Account Verify Password and Unknown Error Issue
    By Alan Morford in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 06/28/2014, 10:05 AM
  3. Google Apps account now showing Unknown Error when trying to sign in
    By yoshamano in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04/08/2014, 09:18 AM
  4. HELP! Itunes sync says an unknown error coccured (-69)??????
    By AlwayzRight in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01/05/2010, 02:52 AM
  5. Treo 650 Unknown Sync Error [16385]
    By coco67 in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10/26/2007, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions