Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Thank you for this patch. I changed my passwords because of the HeartBleed bug and lost my sync ability. Your fix worked like a charm.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    Tried a device erase, recreating databases and reloading apps - didn't help. I realized that the google calendars do not show at all without the UberCalendar patch. So here seems to be some kind of interference. Maybe I should have deleted the UberCalendar patch before installing the gsync patch. This should be a caveat. There were no problems before the google authentification swtich to https, or the gsync patch installation, respectively.

Will do doctoring on the weekend.
    I am sorry to hear about your troubles. If you are referring to this gsync patch, it does not touch any calendar files. I have installed my patch on devices with and without ubercalendar installed. If you mean the google calendar sync patch, then perhaps.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/10/2014 at 11:36 PM.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by DRConsult View Post
    Is anyone working on a similar patch to the calendar JSJSJS $files$ ($which$ $appear$ $similar$ $to$ $the$ $contacts$ $one$)?

My guess is that Google, in light of locking everything down due to NSA spying, will make HTTPS required.

I use Gsync to sync outlook to gmail and it currently uses HTTPS do do it's work. Here is example of the beginning of the feed path from it:
    "https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/"

Dave
    In my testing, the calendar sync was not affected by the change. I was able to sync calendar changes bi-directionally on an un-patched device. If the calendar APIs support https, I would be all for using it, if it isn't already.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/10/2014 at 11:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    On (or after) March 31, 2014, Google began redirecting all contact API requests to https, which broke authentication for Google accounts. Accounts already set up seem to work fine, but upon changing your password, or attempting to add a new Google account, authentication would fail with 'unknown error'. Edit: contact sync will be broken even for existing accounts, while email will continue to work, and probably calendar (I need to confirm this). This patch fixes Google sync by using https for authentication and sync of Google contacts. It also contains a patch by frantid to fix sync of on-device changes to Google contacts back to the Google servers. This patch has been tested on 2.1, 2.2.4, and 3.0.5. Because 1.x services were written in java not javascript, it will not work on those devices. I don't have one currently running 1.x to confirm the problem exists there too, but since it exists in all later versions, I suspect it does.

Google Contacts API change notes: https://developers.google.com/google...v3/http-update

For those that are trying to install this from your device, I uploaded a copy of the patch to my website: http://fordmaverick.com/GrabberSoftw...sync-1.1.patch
    Thanks--I just don't have any idea what to do next. I did make a donation and said I needed help.
    On (or after) March 31, 2014, Google began redirecting all contact API requests to https, which broke authentication for Google accounts. Accounts already set up seem to work fine, but upon changing your password, or attempting to add a new Google account, authentication would fail with 'unknown error'. Edit: contact sync will be broken even for existing accounts, while email will continue to work, and probably calendar (I need to confirm this). This patch fixes Google sync by using https for authentication and sync of Google contacts. It also contains a patch by frantid to fix sync of on-device changes to Google contacts back to the Google servers. This patch has been tested on 2.1, 2.2.4, and 3.0.5. Because 1.x services were written in java not javascript, it will not work on those devices. I don't have one currently running 1.x to confirm the problem exists there too, but since it exists in all later versions, I suspect it does.

Google Contacts API change notes: https://developers.google.com/google...v3/http-update

For those that are trying to install this from your device, I uploaded a copy of the patch to my website: http://fordmaverick.com/GrabberSoftw...sync-1.1.patch
    Wow, after reading through this thread I'm really impressed that there are folks that are so dedicated to keeping the OS that we know and love up and running. This was almost a show stopper for me; I use Google for everything and losing it on two phones and a touchpad would have been a big deal.

Thanks Matt for keeping the light on

Donation on the way!

Best regards,
    Glenn
    I am sorry to hear about your troubles. If you are referring to this gsync patch, it does not touch any calendar files. I have installed my patch on devices with and without ubercalendar installed. If you mean the google calendar sync patch, then perhaps.
    Yes, could be some interaction with the google calendar sync patch as well. So it should be wise to uninstall both UberCalendar and google calendar synch patch before installing your gsync patch. Or before a new google authentication is done with the patch installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    Yes, could be some interaction with the google calendar sync patch as well. So it should be wise to uninstall both UberCalendar and google calendar synch patch before installing your gsync patch. Or before a new google authentication is done with the patch installed.
    it did not interfere with my ubercalendar and advanced sync patch installs:
    [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)
    Thanks Alan I was just hunting down the guide. I wonder if a link to the guide should be standard in all patch threads, for people that stumble onto patch threads via Google and may not have installed homebrew apps or patches before?

FYI this guide is pretty comprehensive, but it really doesn't cover patches, particularly .patch files, now that the patch portal is down and new patches are mainly in the form of .patch attachments...: How to install homebrew apps on your TouchPad or webOS smartphone | webOS Nation
    Thanks -- I'm exactly that type of person, never done this before, but love my Pre2 and hope to fix this. I have a windows 8.1 computer. I downloaded and installed WebOS Quick Install. I put my pre in developer mode. I connected pre & computer. I downloaded the patch. Windows 8.1 doesn't seem to let me save it somewhere in order, then, to drag it into WOSQI. It wants a program to open it. But on the list of programs, I don't find WOSQI. This is probably my own ignorance of Windows 8.1 ... still I'd be grateful for simple advice.

I am really impressed by what you are doing to keep webos going. Thanks.

PS - Solved the windows issue. I dragged the patch into WOSQI, clicked on Install, and the thing says "connecting" -- it has been stuck there for half an hour. There doesn't seem any way to stop it except to go to task manager and stop the program. Which I did, and tried again ... same problem.
    Last edited by vlaustin; 04/11/2014 at 12:53 PM. Reason: PS added; further info
    Appreciate the detail, but there is no reason for most folks to go through all that when there is a patch available that will do it for you. Most people aren't going to want to edit their OS files, that's why we have patches. That is doing all of the manual work I did to create the patch in the first place. Also, that does not address the needed changes that were added last night for fixing the sync of changes made on-device.
    I'm in big troubles. Have made many attempts, with various version of WOSQI and always the answer is " NO DEVICE CONNECTED ". I've changed the usb cable without results, developer mode is on. I must say that never had problems with wosqi, but reading online now seems quite common. So, I agree that with patches life would be simpler, if only was possible. The other alternative seems to be xterm, as Luca Mori explains. The only problem is that I don't even know what he is talking about, but by all means ferociously willing to learn, just to have back my contacts and calendar.
    It's possible to explain in simple words how to do to correct that file with xterm?
    Thanks for the patience of you all

10.    #90  
    Are you sure dev mode is on? There have been a few times I had to reboot my pc and/or phone to get it connected. Perhaps that will help.

If you already have Internalz Pro installed (the Preware version not the catalog version) email the patch file to yourself and install it that way.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by vlaustin View Post
    Thanks -- I'm exactly that type of person, never done this before, but love my Pre2 and hope to fix this. I have a windows 8.1 computer. I downloaded and installed WebOS Quick Install. I put my pre in developer mode. I connected pre & computer. I downloaded the patch. Windows 8.1 doesn't seem to let me save it somewhere in order, then, to drag it into WOSQI. It wants a program to open it. But on the list of programs, I don't find WOSQI. This is probably my own ignorance of Windows 8.1 ... still I'd be grateful for simple advice.

I am really impressed by what you are doing to keep webos going. Thanks.

PS - Solved the windows issue. I dragged the patch into WOSQI, clicked on Install, and the thing says "connecting" -- it has been stuck there for half an hour. There doesn't seem any way to stop it except to go to task manager and stop the program. Which I did, and tried again ... same problem.
    It may be trying to connect to the preware feeds to download the AUSMT scripts, but the server they are on is not responding right now. I have seen that problem a few times recently prior to the server problem though.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/13/2014 at 05:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    This sounds like it's another critical patch that most webOS users will require. Anyone using gmail needs this right?

Do we have a sticky thread of must-haves?

Thanks for working on this! I didn't even know i needed it!
    definitely, there should be a second guide or updated guide with all the essentials for people keeping their webos phones. especially when they have to restart/doctor. I don't know if I've done everything, get the root fix? fix gmail, an app to reset your phone on a regular basis, google maps, disabling voice dial, the wi-fi notification etc.

still love my phone, but all of these things ad up. trying to keep track of them that is.
    Are you sure dev mode is on? There have been a few times I had to reboot my pc and/or phone to get it connected. Perhaps that will help.
    Missing Novacom drivers could be another reason for the 'no devices found' error messsage. Though I think WOSQI then offers to install them, I remember I had to install them manually at one time in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
    definitely, there should be a second guide or updated guide with all the essentials for people keeping their webos phones. especially when they have to restart/doctor. I don't know if I've done everything, get the root fix? fix gmail, an app to reset your phone on a regular basis, google maps, disabling voice dial, the wi-fi notification etc.

still love my phone, but all of these things ad up. trying to keep track of them that is.
    Well it's a community and it seems you already invested some time in it, why not starting a new thread and bringing it all together and link it in your signature. That's why i did my hidden tips and tricks thread.
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Missing Novacom drivers could be another reason for the 'no devices found' error messsage. Though I think WOSQI then offers to install them, I remember I had to install them manually at one time in the past.
    I forgot about that prompt.. Yes, it will try to download and install the driver. I've never seen it because I've always had the SDK installed.

- Matt
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/13/2014 at 05:40 PM.
    I had this no device detected problem once while trying to doctor. The problem was the mini usb socket on the phone, similar to to the old stuck in headset mode problem.

Those things can have foreign material or some kinda problem with the connections

If you already have Internalz Pro installed (the Preware version not the catalog version) email the patch file to yourself and install it that way.
    Ok, my old computer was unable to run the driver novacom, that was the problem. I had an old minibook samsung neglected since a long time. but id did the miracle. I thank you very much. Your words have been the right push to insist despite the high rate of failures.
    One last question. I have a tp as well. Didn't loose anything, but doesn't sync anymore. Tried to patch it as well, seemed like didn't work. Is the patch valid for tp, or not?
    many thanks
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Big thumbs up for this patch on our recently restored Pre 2
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by behemoth#WN View Post
    Ok, my old computer was unable to run the driver novacom, that was the problem. I had an old minibook samsung neglected since a long time. but id did the miracle. I thank you very much. Your words have been the right push to insist despite the high rate of failures.
    One last question. I have a tp as well. Didn't loose anything, but doesn't sync anymore. Tried to patch it as well, seemed like didn't work. Is the patch valid for tp, or not?
    many thanks
    Yes, it is valid for the Touchpad as well. I tested it on my Touchpad before uploading it. What is your Touchpad doing? You may need to initiate a manual sync if it doesn't automatically sync after installing the patch. To do that, open contacts and go into preferences and accounts, scroll to the bottom and tap sync now.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/12/2014 at 04:36 PM.
    It may be trying to connect to the preware feeds to download the AUSMT scripts, but the server they are on is not responding right now. I have seen that problem a few times recently prior to the server problem though.
    Everything worked today. The sun is shining. Thanks, and a happy day to all.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.