Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
    Unsure whether this has been stated before but users might have trouble signing in using the Google email signup option and should instead use the generic email method using the specific imap and smtp settings provided by Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alibamboo View Post
    Even with the yellow triangle, I receive incoming mails, but I can't send any.

Now I'm totally lost - I don't receive any mails.

Am I the only one with this problem?
    - still loving webOS -
    Is the Grabber-app down or did I miss any changes with Google?

I'm a little bit confused actually.
    - still loving webOS -
    I had issues with security certificates (yellow triangle) on Gmail after updating with CertGrabber, but I didn't have issues with the certificate grabber itself. Problem must have been elsewhere.

I have since successfully installed OpenSSL on 3 of my devices (after several failed attempts in the past) and have had zero issues since.

That would be my recommendation - download OpenSSL, reboot phone, and install the ipk via Internalz.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Alan Morford likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    ... That would be my recommendation - download OpenSSL, reboot phone, and install the ipk via Internalz.
    Regarding to this thread OpenSSL isn't working with WebOS 2.1.x - and that's exactly what is running on my veer...

I know that for most user here doctoring to 2.2.4 is not even a small problem, for me it's a huge step.

So: I would appreciate any other tips before going this way.
    - still loving webOS -
  6.    #866  
    Have you tried setting it up as a generic imap account as someone suggested a while back? I believe that is the only way I got it to work on my Veer with 2.1.2. I forgot you had a Veer or I'd have mentioned that already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Have you tried setting it up as a generic imap account as someone suggested a while back? I believe that is the only way I got it to work on my Veer with 2.1.2. I forgot you had a Veer or I'd have mentioned that already.
    You mean after installing OpenSSL or just right now?

Tried it right now but, only got "requested encryption not supported by server"...

Okay, I'll try to install OpenSSL and if that does'nt work I'll have to doctor my veer to 2.2.4 - hate to do this, becuase for me it's a lot of complicated work, but I love the the veer and it's worth it!
    - still loving webOS -
  8.    #868  
    You mean after installing OpenSSL or just right now?

Tried it right now but, only got "requested encryption not supported by server"...

Okay, I'll try to install OpenSSL and if that does'nt work I'll have to doctor my veer to 2.2.4 - hate to do this, becuase for me it's a lot of complicated work, but I love the the veer and it's worth it!
    Don't bother with OpenSSL on 2.1.* - it doesn't work right and breaks HTTPS stuff. And you did the setup manually, not using the Gmail/Google account type? I don't have my Veers available right now, so I can't check anything on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Don't bother with OpenSSL on 2.1.* - it doesn't work right and breaks HTTPS stuff. And you did the setup manually, not using the Gmail/Google account type? I don't have my Veers available right now, so I can't check anything on them.
    Yes, I tried as generic account.

I'm really confused, because all worked well until last week and I tried everything I could think of.
    - still loving webOS -
  10.    #870  
    Yes, I tried as generic account.

I'm really confused, because all worked well until last week and I tried everything I could think of.
    Hmm, that's really odd.. I am pretty sure I checked email on mine last week, but I've wiped it recently, so I'm not certain I currently have my Gmail account on it. I'll try to check when I get home Sunday. Hopefully you'll have it solved by then though..
    The odd thing is, that I can access my mails easily with the browser. There seems to be no certificate problem.

I'm going nuts...
    - still loving webOS -
    And I can create and use other mail-accounts. There seems to be only a problem with Google and the app.

- still loving webOS -
    I just read that I'm not the only one having trouble with the Google-certificates, Preemptive is also facing some problems (*klick*).

Could it be, that there has been some changes with Google?
    - still loving webOS -
    Ali, i definitely recommend doctoring to 224 for that Veer. Are you sure it's as troublesome as you predict? Whatever you prefer obviously, just a vote of encouragement here.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Ali, i definitely recommend doctoring to 224 for that Veer. Are you sure it's as troublesome as you predict? Whatever you prefer obviously, just a vote of encouragement here.
    I've an old veer here and currently trying to doctor it.

And I can tell you - yes, it is as troublesome as predicted, starting with the doctor not finding the veer...
    - still loving webOS -
    Okay, finally I did it: Got 2.2.4 on my Veer running!!

But now the next problems keep coming: I now have to install OpenSSL and Outha, right?

Problem is: I don't know how to delete Preware and where to put all this command lines. It's a mess for someone who's not that deep into computing. I even still don't find oauth anymore.

I would be glad to write a step-by-step for beginners, if someone would assist me, which means provide me with the tips links.
    - still loving webOS -
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    I have a folder on my pc labeled "Veer Setup" that I use when I doctor a Veer to 2.2.4.

In it, I have:
    1. 2.2.4 doctor
    2. OpenSSL
    3. Oauth2 (meta-veer version)
    4. Reboot-test patch (for random reboots when placing/receiving calls)
    5. CertGrabber (for alternative to OpenSSL)

Really, those are all I need to make the phone and synergy accounts functional. There are other patches that I use, but those are either personal mods or app updates (to retain their functionality).

I also have to edit apn related info for my MVNO, in order for data/mms to work.

Let me know if you can't find all of those, but all are in the forum threads somewhere.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Alibamboo and Preemptive like this.
    This is exactly what I started today, but only until now there is only the 2.2.4 doctor in it .

I can't find the OpenSLL-patch and I'm still fighting to gt the Oauth2-patch running.

It's just kind of frustrating when you have to dig through all these old threads, which I understand half at best. I spend nearly 6 hours today and ended up with with two not working veers.
    - still loving webOS -
    Well i may have just entered your same boat. Im using my backup Veer because i just put my FrankenPre in the washer with the laundry.

I'm so bummed. The phone is in a bag of rice right now attempting to dry out. I'll put a different battery in tomorrow and hope for the best.

Are you using WOSQI or Internalz to install? I thought it was pretty straight forward. Download the patch from its thread to your PC, file transfer it by usb, then use internalz to install on-device. Uninstall preware with Wosqi or your app mgr or Internalz. I usually follow the steps in the first post of old threads because they always update it. Combing thru pages is tedious.

Did you look at the pivot ce article?

I'm sorry i can't remember exactly how to do it right now or I'd explain it for you. But i have these things on my veer and they work fine as far as i can tell. I'm getting new gmail. I must have drive it just a few months ago. it's got to be in my post history. maybe i can find an old post for you. meanwhile, Try going through it again.

I'm certain you can do it. Patience and persistence is key with these old devices, but when you get it working, you really feel like you're accomplishing something, using the phone of your choice instead of what the telecoms dictate.
    Alibamboo likes this.