Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 887
Like Tree294Likes
  1. #801  
    Quote Originally Posted by FredGrin View Post
    Hello,
    As I said in another thread related to Google (gmail certificate), here (in France) the trick you found and which is the goal of this thread doesn't work.
    I'm unable to read mail using Gmail app and furthermore, I'm unable to add a Google account which is used to store all my contacts.
    I get a message when I'm trying to connect to my Google Account : "Bad Request" (message). I've installed patch in the first page.
    When i'm trying to access mail with Gmail App, the message is "Crypting method not available" (message) even after having added the 3 certifcates.
    So, if I can't use Contact sync & gmail, i will have to think that my old fashioned Pre is very useless :-(
    I hope someone here could help me to prove that webOS (Pre3) is still a good smartphone.
    Fred.
    Instructions are here: Guide: Fixing Yahoo mail | pivotCE

    Substitute 'Yahoo' with 'Gmail'.

    As stated above, you can download OpenSSL for windows if you are using that. Linux systems (including webOS) come with it built in.

    For contacts, you can use C+DAV
    Use CalDAV to maintain Google Calendar sync | pivotCE
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/13/2015 at 11:06 AM.
  2. #802  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You're a rare case TJ. Only one certificate should be required - all of the old imap.gmail.com certs should be removed prior to installing the latest one, and even the intermediate certificates (aka google2.pem and google3.pem) are not needed. I have only been installing the imap certificate since I realized the intermediates were fine. The script I am working on only grabs the imap certificate (and the smtp certificate in case it's ever needed). I used the script last night on one of my Pre3s to grab the latest cert.. now I just need to work on the install process.
    I kept all the installed certs... installed. Even if they result being extras, who cares, is not like something bad happens due to them
  3. #803  
    For contacts there's actually plan B

    I have all the contacts duplicated in hotmail from the start, so I just add new ones there. I'm lazy, I know....
    Rnp likes this.
  4.    #804  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    I kept all the installed certs... installed. Even if they result being extras, who cares, is not like something bad happens due to them

    I'm really surprised the extras don't cause problems for you, because for me, it breaks it every single time I've left them installed.
  5.    #805  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    For contacts there's actually plan B



    I have all the contacts duplicated in hotmail from the start, so I just add new ones there. I'm lazy, I know....

    CALDAV and CARDDAV are also still working using the C+DAV connector.
  6. #806  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I'm really surprised the extras don't cause problems for you, because for me, it breaks it every single time I've left them installed.
    I'm suspecting that the correct behaviour is the one of having .0 .1 .2 .n , and all still working.
    Maybe a patch is affecting slightly the cert manager ? ( 3.0.5 is the version with the certs applied )

    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    CALDAV and CARDDAV are also still working using the C+DAV connector.
    yes, that's plan A. But I rely on B given that the only calendar I really use is the outlook related one, and that's synched to phone and tablet without requiring a single patch up to now.
    On this note I always hate to have all the assets in a single place, thus my addressbook is from the start mirrored on both google and outlook/hotmail. And from the start I used webos with both outlook and google contacts loaded, and 0 contacts on the palm profile.
  7.    #807  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    I'm suspecting that the correct behaviour is the one of having .0 .1 .2 .n , and all still working.
    Maybe a patch is affecting slightly the cert manager ? ( 3.0.5 is the version with the certs applied )
    I have to keep insisting this is not correct. Even if those older certs aren't keeping the new one from working on your device, the old ones are no longer valid, so you're just keeping around invalid certificates. Also, the intermediate certs for Google Internet Authority and Geotrust are not needed as the preinstalled ones are still valid, so only the latest gmail certificate is needed. This is opposite of the Hotmail/Outlook problem where it was the root and intermediate certs that were expired, but the leaf cert was fine.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  8. #808  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    if you have a terminal installed, yes
    if you use novacom, too

    If your problem is present when you use a wifi connection, you can simply download an openssl executable
    https://www.openssl.org/related/binaries.html
    and run it on your pc
    Thanks for your help.
    I've done all that but there is another message that said certifcate is not valid.
    That's curious is but the certifcate which appears on the list in my Pre 3 is label :
    imap.gmail.com but above there is this message "avast! Web/Mail Shield Root" above.
    Avast is my antivirus, do I have to desactivate before saving certificate using "openSSL" method ?
  9. #809  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Instructions are here: Guide: Fixing Yahoo mail | pivotCE

    Substitute 'Yahoo' with 'Gmail'.

    As stated above, you can download OpenSSL for windows if you are using that. Linux systems (including webOS) come with it built in.

    For contacts, you can use C+DAV
    Use CalDAV to maintain Google Calendar sync | pivotCE
    I would like to test CALDAV but the link on the PivotCE page go to C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports

    transfer to a 404 page on dropbox

    Could you give me another link to download carddav and caldav ?

    Thanks.
  10.    #810  
    At some point you must been prompted to trust the Avast certificate. It has no effect on the gmail certificate. When do you see the error that the certificate is invalid - is it when trying to add it to the certificate manager, or when checking your email? If it is when trying to add the certificate, there may be something wrong with the content of the .pem file, such as a carriage return or space before the begin line or after the end line.
    Quote Originally Posted by FredGrin View Post
    Thanks for your help.
    I've done all that but there is another message that said certifcate is not valid.
    That's curious is but the certifcate which appears on the list in my Pre 3 is label :
    imap.gmail.com but above there is this message "avast! Web/Mail Shield Root" above.
    Avast is my antivirus, do I have to desactivate before saving certificate using "openSSL" method ?
  11. #811  
    Quote Originally Posted by FredGrin View Post
    Thanks for your help.
    I've done all that but there is another message that said certifcate is not valid.
    That's curious is but the certifcate which appears on the list in my Pre 3 is label :
    imap.gmail.com but above there is this message "avast! Web/Mail Shield Root" above.
    Avast is my antivirus, do I have to desactivate before saving certificate using "openSSL" method ?
    I reply to myself this seems to work better after desactivated Avast (for ten minutes).
    I've (re)done the openssl method to catch all certificates (there are 3 now)

    But this is still strange, a (new) message says that my login or password are not correct, i'm sure to have entered them correctly... i've even tried 5 times.

    Perhaps it's due to double authentifcation (SMS sending for new device) activated in google because i've tested from Web browser and after entering the SMS sent to my phone...i'm able to acces to my mail box.

    If there anybody that uses double authentification with Google ?
  12. #812  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    At some point you must been prompted to trust the Avast certificate. It has no effect on the gmail certificate. When do you see the error that the certificate is invalid - is it when trying to add it to the certificate manager, or when checking your email? If it is when trying to add the certificate, there may be something wrong with the content of the .pem file, such as a carriage return or space before the begin line or after the end line.
    I've added all (3) the Google certifcates after desactivated Avast...but there is another issue :-(
  13. #813  
    I've tested gmail using another gmail adress without double authentification activated.
    I've received a message that said Google stopped an intrusion to my mail box...unknown device. :-(
    I also have on Pre the message that says incorrect login or password...
  14.    #814  
    Quote Originally Posted by FredGrin View Post
    I've tested gmail using another gmail adress without double authentification activated.

    I've received a message that said Google stopped an intrusion to my mail box...unknown device. :-(

    I also have on Pre the message that says incorrect login or password...




    Somewhere in this thread is a link to a Google page that has a setting to allow access from "less secure" devices. That has to be enabled for webOS to log in to your account. I don't know when they added this, or at what point they might remove it and permanently block us, but I had to do that on one of my accounts. I believe invalid password is the error I received before I found that check box buried in Google's settings. Edit: perhaps a coincidence, but someone just hit like on the thread I created for that issue (I forgot it was a new thread, but it is probably linked to from this one also): /webos-tips-info-resources/328687-tip-new-gmail-security-settings-may-block-access-gmail-your-webos-device.html#post3425885
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 08/13/2015 at 04:32 PM.
  15. #815  
    Quote Originally Posted by FredGrin View Post
    I would like to test CALDAV but the link on the PivotCE page go to C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports

    transfer to a 404 page on dropbox

    Could you give me another link to download carddav and caldav ?

    Thanks.
    It appears you are correct. I've posted a message on the thread on this forum, which is here:
    C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud
    UPDATE: The links have now been fixed.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/20/2015 at 12:08 PM.
  16. #816  
    I've just configure a "less secure device (or application)" in Google.
    Thanks a lot for your help.

    Now, it works for receive mails but not to send mail (I have to use my mobile phone provider). Google smtp don't work. Could you, please give me, Google "smtp" servers details ?
  17. #817  
    I've just configure a "less secure device (or application)" in Google.
    Thanks a lot for your help.

    Now, it works for receive mails but not to send mail (I have to use my mobile phone provider). Google smtp don't work. Could you, please give me, Google "smtp" servers details ?
    smtp.gmail.com port 465 but you need a new security certificate for that, see other topic about gmail. For me gmail stopped working this morning again and I needed to update the certificate again.


    -- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  18.    #818  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    smtp.gmail.com port 465 but you need a new security certificate for that, see other topic about gmail. For me gmail stopped working this morning again and I needed to update the certificate again.


    -- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities

    I have not had to add the SMTP certificate yet.. I included it in the script in anticipation of them changing it soon.
  19. #819  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    smtp.gmail.com port 465 but you need a new security certificate for that, see other topic about gmail. For me gmail stopped working this morning again and I needed to update the certificate again.


    -- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Can you post the updated certificate. Mine stopped working again this morning. I have uploaded the 5 previous ones over the last couple of weeks to get it working again but after a week or so it errors out again.
  20.    #820  
    The thread for discussion of updated certs and posting them is here: google error: requested encryption not supported by server

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums

Similar Threads

  1. Google Apps "unknown error"
    By llama233 in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09/05/2014, 09:44 AM
  2. Google Account Verify Password and Unknown Error Issue
    By Alan Morford in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 06/28/2014, 10:05 AM
  3. Google Apps account now showing Unknown Error when trying to sign in
    By yoshamano in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04/08/2014, 09:18 AM
  4. HELP! Itunes sync says an unknown error coccured (-69)??????
    By AlwayzRight in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01/05/2010, 02:52 AM
  5. Treo 650 Unknown Sync Error [16385]
    By coco67 in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10/26/2007, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions