Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 887
Like Tree294Likes
  1.    #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    What? But my TP which is receiving mail, has two imap.gmail.com certs, with different expiration dates.

    My phone only had one, so i added the earlier version, but neither way allowed the settings to validate. Going to try the method using WOSQI next.
    That's surprising to hear. When I had both on a phone, it didn't work. I may test this out on some different devices.
  2. #782  
    Thanks Grabber5.0 - new gmail certs worked for both my pre3 and TP!

    Just wish I had found this thread a week ago having spent hours from my hotel room (and annoying my wife!) during my vacation this summer!

    Like others on this thread, it is so encouraging to find support for our favorite OS so long after formal support has long since passed.

    Now, to see if Skype and Facebook can ever work again on webOS!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  3. #783  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    What specific error are you getting on your Pre2? I have found that if you have two different versions of the same certificate, it won't work, so make sure you only have one of each - look for exact duplicate names in the certificate manager. If you have multiples, remove all of the ones that are duplicated and start again.
    I get no errors. no yellow triangle. but do not fall synchronizing emails. which is the route to check duplicate certificates? thanks

    Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 mediante Tapatalk
  4.    #784  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    I get no errors. no yellow triangle. but do not fall synchronizing emails. which is the route to check duplicate certificates? thanks

    Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 mediante Tapatalk
    Open the Certificate Manager from the Device Info app menu, and look at all of the certificates listed there. If there is more than one labeled "imap.gmail.com" remove both, and re-add google1.pem. Also make sure there are no duplicates of "Google Internet Authority G2" or "GeoTrust Global CA" certificates. If so, delete all entries for those three and re-add the three pem files, ensuring there is only one of each when you are done.
  5. #785  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Open the Certificate Manager from the Device Info app menu, and look at all of the certificates listed there. If there is more than one labeled "imap.gmail.com" remove both, and re-add google1.pem. Also make sure there are no duplicates of "Google Internet Authority G2" or "GeoTrust Global CA" certificates. If so, delete all entries for those three and re-add the three pem files, ensuring there is only one of each when you are done.
    Imap was doubled. gmail works
    Gracias

    Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 mediante Tapatalk
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  6. #786  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Open the Certificate Manager from the Device Info app menu, and look at all of the certificates listed there. If there is more than one labeled "imap.gmail.com" remove both, and re-add google1.pem. Also make sure there are no duplicates of "Google Internet Authority G2" or "GeoTrust Global CA" certificates. If so, delete all entries for those three and re-add the three pem files, ensuring there is only one of each when you are done.
    Did you observe that simply deleting the certs in the cert manager is enough to clean out the previous files?

    That would be much more convenient (and easier to explain repeatedly) than what I did, hunting down each of the pems and symlinks individually, by going inside the /var/SSL folder.

    Why don't these things prompt us for update when they expire? Why so user unfriendly?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  7.    #787  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Did you observe that simply deleting the certs in the cert manager is enough to clean out the previous files?



    That would be much more convenient (and easier to explain repeatedly) than what I did, hunting down each of the pems and symlinks individually, by going inside the /var/SSL folder.



    Why don't these things prompt us for update when they expire? Why so user unfriendly?

    When the certificate manager is working correctly, which is the case for most, yes, removing them there removes the file and symlink. That is the method I have been recommending for most people.
  8. #788  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    When the certificate manager is working correctly, which is the case for most, yes, removing them there removes the file and symlink. That is the method I have been recommending for most people.
    It is starting to make sense to me finally.

    Glad you're here man. Some days I feel like a real kook, trying to use an obsolete, unsupported mobile OS on pieced-together used hardware hijacked from another service provider to work on mine.

    But then I'm like, hey THAT guy's doin' it! Me too! - and I try a little harder.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    jccjmml7 likes this.
  9. #789  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    When the certificate manager is working correctly, which is the case for most, yes, removing them there removes the file and symlink. That is the method I have been recommending for most people.
    I returned to the yellow triangle. He says; The server's security certificate is not valid. it happens to someone else?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10. #790  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    I returned to the yellow triangle. He says; The server's security certificate is not valid. it happens to someone else?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yes, happened to me this morning.

    Any suggestions?

    And: Thanks a lot for this great work you're all doing to keep WebOS alive!

    @Grabber: Bought you a beer via paypal last Sunday. Cheers, mate!
    Last edited by Alibamboo; 08/07/2015 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Typo.
    - still loving webOS -
  11. #791  
    is happening to me too, this morning
  12. #793  
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Paternostro View Post
    I have the same.
  13.    #794  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz Batycki View Post
    I have the same.
    Follow the instructions in that thread.
  14. #795  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Follow the instructions in that thread.
    Hello,
    As I said in another thread related to Google (gmail certificate), here (in France) the trick you found and which is the goal of this thread doesn't work.
    I'm unable to read mail using Gmail app and furthermore, I'm unable to add a Google account which is used to store all my contacts.
    I get a message when I'm trying to connect to my Google Account : "Bad Request" (message). I've installed patch in the first page.
    When i'm trying to access mail with Gmail App, the message is "Crypting method not available" (message) even after having added the 3 certifcates.
    So, if I can't use Contact sync & gmail, i will have to think that my old fashioned Pre is very useless :-(
    I hope someone here could help me to prove that webOS (Pre3) is still a good smartphone.
    Fred.
  15. #796  
    Quote Originally Posted by FredGrin View Post
    Hello,
    As I said in another thread related to Google (gmail certificate), here (in France) the trick you found and which is the goal of this thread doesn't work.
    I'm unable to read mail using Gmail app and furthermore, I'm unable to add a Google account which is used to store all my contacts.
    I get a message when I'm trying to connect to my Google Account : "Bad Request" (message). I've installed patch in the first page.
    When i'm trying to access mail with Gmail App, the message is "Crypting method not available" (message) even after having added the 3 certifcates.
    So, if I can't use Contact sync & gmail, i will have to think that my old fashioned Pre is very useless :-(
    I hope someone here could help me to prove that webOS (Pre3) is still a good smartphone.
    Fred.
    The problem is that there are multiple variants of the "first" certificate in the chain, one for every server involved likely.
    Being in different locations can easily mean connecting to a different server, so if all the google1 various certs do not work for you, means you should use openssl to look at the certificate used by the server you are actually connecting, and adding it...

    openssl s_client -showcerts -connect pop.gmail.com:993
  16. #797  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    The problem is that there are multiple variants of the "first" certificate in the chain, one for every server involved likely.
    Being in different locations can easily mean connecting to a different server, so if all the google1 various certs do not work for you, means you should use openssl to look at the certificate used by the server you are actually connecting, and adding it...

    openssl s_client -showcerts -connect pop.gmail.com:993
    Thanks, how can i find the certificate used by server ?
    Do i have to enter the command "openssl ..." directly in the Pre 3 ?
  17. #798  
    if you have a terminal installed, yes
    if you use novacom, too

    If your problem is present when you use a wifi connection, you can simply download an openssl executable
    https://www.openssl.org/related/binaries.html
    and run it on your pc
  18. #799  
    Quote Originally Posted by FredGrin View Post
    Hello,
    As I said in another thread related to Google (gmail certificate), here (in France) the trick you found and which is the goal of this thread doesn't work.
    I'm unable to read mail using Gmail app and furthermore, I'm unable to add a Google account which is used to store all my contacts.
    I get a message when I'm trying to connect to my Google Account : "Bad Request" (message). I've installed patch in the first page.
    When i'm trying to access mail with Gmail App, the message is "Crypting method not available" (message) even after having added the 3 certifcates.
    So, if I can't use Contact sync & gmail, i will have to think that my old fashioned Pre is very useless :-(
    I hope someone here could help me to prove that webOS (Pre3) is still a good smartphone.
    Fred.
    We are up to adding 5 additional certs, not just three.

    But if you don't want that Pre3 anymore just say so.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  19.    #800  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    We are up to adding 5 additional certs, not just three.

    But if you don't want that Pre3 anymore just say so.
    You're a rare case TJ. Only one certificate should be required - all of the old imap.gmail.com certs should be removed prior to installing the latest one, and even the intermediate certificates (aka google2.pem and google3.pem) are not needed. I have only been installing the imap certificate since I realized the intermediates were fine. The script I am working on only grabs the imap certificate (and the smtp certificate in case it's ever needed). I used the script last night on one of my Pre3s to grab the latest cert.. now I just need to work on the install process.

Similar Threads

  1. Google Apps "unknown error"
    By llama233 in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09/05/2014, 09:44 AM
  2. Google Account Verify Password and Unknown Error Issue
    By Alan Morford in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 06/28/2014, 10:05 AM
  3. Google Apps account now showing Unknown Error when trying to sign in
    By yoshamano in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04/08/2014, 09:18 AM
  4. HELP! Itunes sync says an unknown error coccured (-69)??????
    By AlwayzRight in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01/05/2010, 02:52 AM
  5. Treo 650 Unknown Sync Error [16385]
    By coco67 in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10/26/2007, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions