Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    can you do this test ?

try to add gmail on manual... first on 993 , then when it does the error, change to 995, then back on 993
    A week ago, after all my email accounts stopped being able to send or receive, I had to doctor my Pre 3, after which the gmail account wouldn't set up properly -- kept getting the "Bad request" error message. Running the gmail patch did not fix the problem, so I gave up on the built in gmail for now, and instead set up the account as a plain IMAP email account. Used these settings for incoming server and these settings for outgoing server (choose authentication).

Incoming server
    Server: imap.gmail.com
    username: full Gmail address (e.g. "me@gmail.com")
    password: your gmail password

Gmail IMAP port: 993
    and choose SSL

Outgoing server
    smtp.gmail.com

choose authentication

username: full Gmail address (e.g. "me@gmail.com")
    password: etc.
    Gmail SMTP port (SSL): 465

It took a while to sign in, but I did eventually get the create button, and the account shows up. Immediately started receiving emails, but there is a problem with the sent mail folder -- sent emails show up twice in the sent folder on the phone. They show up correctly to the recipient -- ie once.

Maybe we can fix the sent folder problem, but this is better than not having gmail on the phone at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    can you do this test ?

try to add gmail on manual... first on 993 , then when it does the error, change to 995, then back on 993
    mazzinia:

Thanks for your help!

When I try to re-set up my gmail account on my AT&T Pre 3 the set up page under "Add An Account", "Google" only has email address and password, no manual option. This is the same whether I access it from email preferences or from Accounts.

Are you suggesting that I set it up as a generic account (POP or IMAP)? If so, please provide me with more suggested information, such as whether to use POP or IMAP, the incoming and outgoing server names, authentication (on or off), encryption (None, SSL, TSL) and port numbers.

Thanks in advance!!
    I think Mazzinia IS saying, 'make a generic account', or at least set it up manually.

imap.gmail.com
    SSL
    993 (this is the bit to toggle to 995)

smtp.gmail.com
    SSL

As far as I know, the 'Branded' accounts are just templates for easy set up. You could manually set up any standards compliant email account. I guess you could try setting up a 'Google' template, then after, there is a "Manual setup" button in the settings, but if the first handshake is important, maybe just go full manual (generic) to start with. As far as I've seen, you only lose the dedicated icon for the generic envelope one.

E.g. There once was an error with Yahoo that was solved by setting it up manually on imap.yahoo.com instead of palm.imap.yahoo.com

I wonder if it makes a difference to set up from email or do it from the Accounts app. There's been a suggestion that a contact request is used for... something (?). Maybe setting up a C+DAV Google account first will help...? (I've no idea). Also, there was frantid's API3 update, but I'm pretty sure that was for calendar only. I'm just wondering if setting these Google accounts up successfully would 'expedite' the email setup, but again, I don't know and don't seem to have a gmail problem at the moment.

There seems to be a common thread of people resetting or starting webOS after a time away. I vaguely remember an issue of new or recreated accounts not working - maybe that was what the patch on this thread fixed.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/20/2015 at 02:41 AM.
    yes, I meant exactly that, and from the mail accounts and settings

I'm saying this because 10 days ago or such, the gmail account itself had a warning and didn't authenticate... that's when I started checking certificates.
    Well, the warning went away when I tried logging by changing to 995 for incoming, trying to login , getting a certificate error with the cert manager launching to show me the data, then moving back to 993, and trying to login
    Thanks Preemptive and mazzinia!

After I posted my questions I found Grabber5.0 (Matt's) post #54 in this thread ( google error: requested encryption not supported by server ) which provided the same instructions. Used those and both gmail accounts are up and running. Hope they stay that way!

I appreciate your follow up!!
    Preemptive likes this.
    And..... They're down. Both gmails accounts on both my Pre3 and my TP. Goddamn you Google! Can't you just quit picking on us!?! What have we got left? Throw us a frickin' bone here for god's sake
    and here both the pre 3 and tablet gmail accounts work
    so funny... murphy heard me. On the tablet it's half stuck ( triangle, but after a while the content of the emails got downloaded), and on the pre3 works
    I'm just throwing this out there again, but if you set up an Outlook email account, Gmail can be forwarded to it and there are no sync issues with Outlook. You can even rename the account to "Gmail" if you wanted to
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    my Pre 2 was very slow and decided to restore it to factory. now how much I want to configure my gmail manually from certificate error tells me. I'm using patch 1.2 and posting certificates grabber but still the same error. They have a solution?

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 mediante Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    my Pre 2 was very slow and decided to restore it to factory. now how much I want to configure my gmail manually from certificate error tells me. I'm using patch 1.2 and posting certificates grabber but still the same error. They have a solution?

It's not working in all circumstances.

The fixes work for my touch pad but not my Pre2. Same settings, same accounts.

My alternative is to access gmail through the web browser. Google settings must be changed first to allow html. It doesn't deliver automatically, but access has been instant without signing in every time. Good luck.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    It's not working in all circumstances.

The fixes work for my touch pad but not my Pre2. Same settings, same accounts.

My alternative is to access gmail through the web browser. Google settings must be changed first to allow html. It doesn't deliver automatically, but access has been instant without signing in every time. Good luck.
    certificates posting grabber stopped working on my touchpad, now without my pre2 mail. I'm frustrated.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

trust solution has later
    Thank you all for helping me fix this problem. I was stuck without email for my wife's TouchPad - and after following the instructions in post 112 I'm all set. Wahoo!
  14.    #774  
    The certificate for gmail changed after I first posted them. Did you download the updated certificates from July 29th?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The certificate for gmail changed after I first posted them. Did you download the updated certificates from July 29th?
    I think if. I'm looking to decrease and try again. I can not find

16.    #776  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    I think if. I'm looking to decrease and try again. I can not find

They are updated in the same post I originally attached them to: google error: requested encryption not supported by server
    They are updated in the same post I originally attached them to: google error: requested encryption not supported by server - Page 6 - webOS Nation Forums
    grabber- because I trusted the new certificates and touchpad worked. pre 2 will only send , not receive . I read that there are two users with this problem more seuire waiting thread solution. a hug
    joshua , there are at least 2 or 3 different "google1.pem" certificates. Did you trust them all ?
  19.    #779  
    What specific error are you getting on your Pre2? I have found that if you have two different versions of the same certificate, it won't work, so make sure you only have one of each - look for exact duplicate names in the certificate manager. If you have multiples, remove all of the ones that are duplicated and start again.
    What specific error are you getting on your Pre2? I have found that if you have two different versions of the same certificate, it won't work, so make sure you only have one of each - look for exact duplicate names in the certificate manager. If you have multiples, remove all of the ones that are duplicated and start again.
    What? But my TP which is receiving mail, has two imap.gmail.com certs, with different expiration dates.

My phone only had one, so i added the earlier version, but neither way allowed the settings to validate. Going to try the method using WOSQI next.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!