Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
  1.    #741  
    Quote Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
    I installed the patch from Preware (the "Google calendar sync patch"). I removed the Google account due to some problems with it and I'm trying to readd it. Even though I'm submitting the correct credentials, the accounts app fails to do it, claiming that the credentials given are incorrect.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks
    This patch is not available in Preware, so you did not install the right patch. You can download the patch file from the first post and install using Internalz Pro or webOS Quick Install. Regarding the previous post: that is for contact and calendar sync only - you still need this patch for email and messaging, and contact sync does still work in the standard google account type.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I've been using the patch successfully so far, thank you Grabber for this ! But since a few days I have problems to add a new gmail account : I get "Error 400 bad request" as error in the logs and a "Bad Request"/"Requête erronnée" in French in the dialog.
    I can configure IMAP manually though but cannot add the account.
    I've got v1.2 of the patch installed. I'm running a Pre2 and a Veer on WebOS 2.2.4.
    sineansceal likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneill View Post
    I've been using the patch successfully so far, thank you Grabber for this ! But since a few days I have problems to add a new gmail account : I get "Error 400 bad request" as error in the logs and a "Bad Request"/"Requête erronnée" in French in the dialog.
    I can configure IMAP manually though but cannot add the account.
    I've got v1.2 of the patch installed. I'm running a Pre2 and a Veer on WebOS 2.2.4.
    Yeah, That's a problem now. Me and Grabber discovered this few days ago. So tired of google, our guys spend so much time fixing these things then they go change something again. They need to stop
  4.    #744  
    I haven't had time to look into it, but finallyI had this message pop up on my Pre2 today. Email is still syncing. Haven't checked the logs yet for errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I haven't had time to look into it, but finallyI had this message pop up on my Pre2 today. Email is still syncing. Haven't checked the logs yet for errors.
    e-mail syncing works, gtalk works, contacts syncing failed
  6.    #746  
    Quote Originally Posted by aoeuaoeuaoeuaoeu View Post
    e-mail syncing works, gtalk works, contacts syncing failed
    Yes, the initial authentication, which uses a contact request, is failing, even though the URL appears to be valid according to the contacts v3 API documentation. It's been so long since I did this that I'm having trouble debugging in the emulator.
  7.    #747  
    You all might want to check this again. I set up to try to debug the recent problem with the contact API failing during authentication, only I was able to add an account without any issues. I was also able to re-enter my credentials for my existing account without issues. The account I added was able to sync down all of its contacts as well.
    aqualung1 likes this.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    You all might want to check this again. I set up to try to debug the recent problem with the contact API failing during authentication, only I was able to add an account without any issues. I was also able to re-enter my credentials for my existing account without issues. The account I added was able to sync down all of its contacts as well.
    Cool. It works on my Pre2 on 2.1.0! Great! Thanks for the info. Nice to have gmail again.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    **** Update - as of November 17, 2014: the version of the calendar API that webOS uses was turned off by Google. You still need this patch to fix the login issue for regular Google accounts, which still work for email, IM, and contacts (though not much reason to use for contacts when the C+DAV connector can handle the contacts). You just need to make sure calendar is turned off for those accounts, or it will constantly try to sync and fail, and prompt for your password. *****

**** Update June 28, 2014: version 1.2 of the patch fixes the json parsing error that started recently and restores sync functionality again. Many thanks to frantid for jumping in and finding the fix when I didn't have time to work on it. Please make sure to thank him as it was done much sooner because he took the time to help. ****

**** Also note: If you already have a previous verison of the gsync patch installed, you must remove the previous patch version first to restore the original files. The new patch patches all required files, not just the new one. (this is standard for any patch that is not installed from the feeds). I have added instructions for removing installed .patch files to the tutorial linked in my signature ( [How-to] Installing .patch files on your phone or Touchpad ) ****

On March 31, 2014, Google began redirecting all contact API requests to https, which broke authentication for Google accounts on webOS 2.1 and higher. Accounts already set up seem to work fine, but upon changing your password, or attempting to add a new Google account, authentication would fail with 'unknown error'. This patch fixes Google sync by using https for authentication and sync of Google contacts. It also contains a patch by frantid to fix sync of on-device changes to Google contacts back to the Google servers. This patch has been tested on 2.1, 2.2.4, and 3.0.5. It has been reported that webOS 1.4.5 is not affected, and therefore, this patch is not necessary.

If you have never installed any homebrew apps or patches on your device and need a tutorial, here is a how-to article I just finished to guide you. It contains a link to the setup guide that explains how to get your computer and your device prepared. [How-to] Installing .patch files on your phone or Touchpad

Google Contacts API change notes: https://developers.google.com/google...v3/http-update

I also uploaded a copy of the patch to my website. For those that are trying to download and install this from your device, do NOT try to download the forum attachment from your webOS device, because it will not work right -- so use this link instead: http://fordmaverick.com/GrabberSoftw...sync-1.2.patch

One added note as there have been a number of people having trouble installing the patch recently. Please validate the patch file after you download it, before attempting to install it. See this post for details: [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in) - Page 30 - webOS Nation Forums

I will move those details to this post later.
    I just want to say Thanks for providing the patch, which I applied, but still was unable to address the SSLerror, so I dug a little deeper, and realized that I did not have an existing gmail certificate. So, I found a process that allowed me to obtain a gmail cert, create a gmail.cer certificate file, and then I copied it to my HP TP downlwoads folder, ran the Device Info Certificate Manager to install the gmail.cer. After launching my webOS client, it took 10-15 seconds for the error to dissappear. Now I am back in business. The downside, is that the gmail.cer certificate will expire on 08.31.2015, at which time, I will obtain another one.

Reference (post # 7): Security Certificate not trusted from Gmail?

Best Regards,

Borsheck
    After doctoring Pre3 and instaled patch, I try create google acccount, but I have 'bad request':
    [2015-06-29 21:05:44] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.accounts: **** account login exception is: { "message": "Unknown PalmCall failure", "stack": "Error: Unknown PalmCall failure; innerError: \"Error: 400_BAD_REQUEST - Error: Bad authentication response status: 404\"\n at Object.create (palmfoundationsVersion1_0:104:372)\n at palmfoundationsVersion1_0:179:835\n at Future.<anonymous> (palmfoundationsVersion1_0:129:246)\n at dispatch (palmfoundationsVersion1_0:140:493)", "errorCode": "400_BAD_REQUEST", "innerError": "Error: 400_BAD_REQUEST - Error: Bad authentication response status: 404" }, :1623
    What's happen?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Hi
    I've just tried to add a Google account to my TP and my Pre3.
    I've installed the patch successfully, done a Luna restart.
    When I try to sign in I get "Bad Request" (same on TP and Pre3)
    Anyone else had this?
  12.    #752  
    Yes, this has been happening intermittently for a while. When I tried to investigate it, it decided to work, so I wasn't able to find anything. I don't know what is happening.
    At the time of the Yahoo thing, it was noted that Google was being 'pushy' with cert upgrades. I wondered if maybe Google used Globalsign and not everyone had used your patch...

The main site seems to have a self issued (google ca) cert with Geotrust as the ultimate authority, but I don't know if that's true across all services.

Maybe the Yahoo method can be used to check and if necessary, fix? https://pivotce.com/2015/03/05/guide-fixing-yahoo-mail/

I've not seen problems (Actually, the calendar's been a little wonky, but functional, probably irrelevant). Perhaps this is a 'roll-out' or a new account / re-sign in issue not yet applying to existing accounts?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/04/2015 at 10:53 AM.
  14.    #754  
    You never know lately what they're doing.. I was ale to add an account the last time I set up to try to debug it. Given that new account setup uses a contact fetch to sign in, it is quite likely preventing contact sync on existing accounts at times.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Same thing here. First time booting into WebOS in a while (usually on Android) and my existing google acct no longer worked. constant "Bad Request" like the others. Had to change my gmail password a month ago, and had not been in webos since. If not for the change, it would still be ok on mine. But, it cant re-validate the password, lol. Thanks Google! Either way, thanks for this patch. Worked for a good while, so I cant complain a bit.
    You never know lately what they're doing.. I was ale to add an account the last time I set up to try to debug it. Given that new account setup uses a contact fetch to sign in, it is quite likely preventing contact sync on existing accounts at times.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Matt:

My Pre3 stopped sending and receiving text messages and emails today. No problem with capacity on the partition. I think it was just a corrupted db. Anyway, had to wipe it (first time since the server shutdown ) and during the restore just found out Google has made syncing with my two gmail accounts hard again.

Please let us know if you figure out what they did this time and how we can get reconnected.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: I'm also geting the "Bad Request" error message on set up sign in.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Matt:
    P.S.: I'm also geting the "Bad Request" error message on set up sign in.
    Hey, I'm curious if you can send and receive email despite the "Bad request" error. I haven't started from scratch like you, but although I get the "Bad request" error from the account login screen, I can still send and receive email through that gmail account.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Hey, I'm curious if you can send and receive email despite the "Bad request" error. I haven't started from scratch like you, but although I get the "Bad request" error from the account login screen, I can still send and receive email through that gmail account.
    bbito:

As I said, I had to wipe my phone and start over, and I can't even login to re-set up my account.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    bbito:

As I said, I had to wipe my phone and start over, and I can't even login to re-set up my account.
    Sorry to hear that! I wasn't thinking it through that one can't setup a new account if there is an error during the initial login screen. Bummer for me too because I need to doctor one of my FrankenPres but it will need to wait until this is sorted out...
    can you do this test ?

try to add gmail on manual... first on 993 , then when it does the error, change to 995, then back on 993