Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
    I did.
    But seems difficult to do. I wanted to know if there was an easier way...

Thank you for your answer
    Well, technically there's an alternative.. aka use outlook calendar as main and

Fieldston Software gSyncit
    Fieldston Software - Home

this on a pc to sync/keep synched gmail and co with outlook, contacts included.
    Thank you Mazzinia for your answer.

Unfortunately (or not!)
    all my computers run under Linux, wil it work well?
    It would not work, in this case
    Ok,
    a quick search learned me that google sync service stopped, i didn't know that!

I'll deal with.
  6.    #687  
    Only calendar sync is broken in the built-in Google account connector. You should not be getting the 'unknown error' anyway - if you haven't already, just remove that account from the calendar app or turn off calendar for it in the accounts app and see if the error stops. Unknown error is usually during authentication, when the patch is not installed or something really unexpected occurs.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Only calendar sync is broken in the built-in Google account connector. You should not be getting the 'unknown error' anyway - if you haven't already, just remove that account from the calendar app or turn off calendar for it in the accounts app and see if the error stops. Unknown error is usually during authentication, when the patch is not installed or something really unexpected occurs.

Anyone know if the calendar sync app will be repaired? What's the solution if one doesn't use Outlook?
  8.    #689  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    Anyone know if the calendar sync app will be repaired? What's the solution if one doesn't use Outlook?
    As stated previously, the C+DAV connector is the replacement for google calendar sync. See this thread: C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud

Thanks for your answer Grabber!
    As stated previously, the C+DAV connector is the replacement for google calendar sync. See this thread: C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud - webOS Nation Forums

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Install didn't work. I uninstalled all Google sync patches first. Any ideas?
    Thanks for the prompt reply.

Install didn't work. I uninstalled all Google sync patches first. Any ideas?
    The patch wouldn't install for me either with WOSQI but using Internalz Pro on my device worked fine.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    @Paulscarbs: Please read here for more instructions on C+Dav connector: C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    @Paulscarbs: Please read here for more instructions on C+Dav connector: C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports
    Cheers but I've tried this and no joy. I have nothing obvious installed on the TP and I cannot get rid of one patch on my Pre3. No idea why not but neither allow this DAV connector to install itself.

Ideas please.
    Cheers but I've tried this and no joy. I have nothing obvious installed on the TP and I cannot get rid of one patch on my Pre3. No idea why not but neither allow this DAV connector to install itself.

Ideas please.
    Can you provide more information as to which exact ipk(s), how you are attempting to install them and what constitutes the failure?
  15.    #696  
    We should put that troubleshooting in the C+DAV thread.
    bbito likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Can you provide more information as to which exact ipk(s), how you are attempting to install them and what constitutes the failure?
    We should put that troubleshooting in the C+DAV thread.
    Excellent point! I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize that this is the wrong thread...
    Grabber is right that this should go in the C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud thread.
    Hi, thanks for responding. Contacts patch 3.05 is installed on TP now alongside cdav tablet upsync. Unsure if it's working properly as whenever I add a calendar event I cannot see it on my tablet - yet it appears on Google webpage calendar. All my previous calendar appointments on my tablet now need to be adjusted!

I really cannot understand how to sort this issue out now other than spend a day or so going through my appointments. Any tips would be appreciated.

With regards my Pre3 I have only just managed to install the cdav phone upsync package but needed to uninstall the Contacts patch file I had only just installed. Now with the Pre3 I cannot see any calendar appointments at all - I had deleted my old Google profile so assume these went with that.

I can only assume the calendar issues are connected and it's probably something small I am not doing yet?

Advice please.
    Excellent point! I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize that this is the wrong thread...
    Grabber is right that this should go in the C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud thread.
    Oops, only just posted this here and webpage then refreshed to reveal the earlier threads!
    Continued from here: [How-to] Installing .patch files on your phone or Touchpad

TP listing:

/usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/google/
    • gdata_lib.jsjsjs
    • gdata_lib_loader.jsjsjs

/usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/assistants/
    • checkcredentialsassistant.jsjsjs
    • checkcredentialsassistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    • oncreateassistant.jsjsjs
    • oncredentialschangedassistant.jsjsjs
    • ondeleteassistant.jsjsjs
    • onenableassistant.jsjsjs
    • refetchphotoassistant.jsjsjs
    • serviceassistant.jsjsjs
    • syncassistant.jsjsjs
    • syncassistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$

/usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/utils
    • utils.jsjsjs
    • xhr.jsjsjs

So, it appears (assumption) that there are two files of original code and I either need to show QI / Preware that a patch is there and get the original code written back in or maybe make a patch out of the original code and apply it.

Note: the patch did not appear to install correctly and Google calendar did not sync, so it is not the case that it was a successful install with faulty record. I'm using CalDAV, so this isn't a big deal if it has no other effect... Oh, unless it affects email, which I can't seem to set up again having removed the account. ("Unknown error" on setup account login).
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/23/2014 at 01:02 PM.