Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bahram View Post
    i installed the patch but i see Unknown error!
    FYI: I just set up a new phone last night and installed the 1.2 patch.

The Pre2 would sign in to one of my Google accounts as test, but would not sign into my friend's. First i got a credentials error.

SOLUTION #1: Google was blocking access it didn't recognize. She had to switch the settings from a "desktop version" window (accessed on the phone via the browser instead) to ENABLE LESS SECURE DEVICES. (this is different than 2 step authentication)

THEN we got the unknown error!

Her address is like this: first.last@gmail...

SOLUTION #2: I removed the dot from the name and it logged in successfully, asking to choose messaging, calendar and/or contacts sync.

Gmail addresses let you use dots anywhere in the name. But i guess it wants no dots on set up.

MAYBE THESE TIPS WILL HELP OTHERS WITH ERRORS NOT RELATED TO THE PATCH BUT SEEM SO.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 11/01/2014 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    SOLUTION #2: I removed the dot from the name and it logged in successfully, asking to choose messaging, calendar and/or contacts sync.

Gmail addresses let you use dots anywhere in the name. But i guess it wants no dots on set up.
    gmail sucks , about this particular thing. My gmail account is name.surname@ , and all is ok.. but there's also a guy named as me with an account namesurname@ , and I get a lot of his own mail .. dunno if as a duplicate or not.
  3.    #663  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    gmail sucks , about this particular thing. My gmail account is name.surname@ , and all is ok.. but there's also a guy named as me with an account namesurname@ , and I get a lot of his own mail .. dunno if as a duplicate or not.
    I'm surprised they allowed two different people to have that combination, because the . is optional in gmail addresses that are created with them, so mail sent to either address should all go to the same account - or in this case, possibly both?
  4.    #664  

The Pre2 would sign in to one of my Google accounts as test, but would not sign into my friend's. First i got a credentials error.

SOLUTION #1: Google was blocking access it didn't recognize. She had to switch the settings from a "desktop version" window (accessed on the phone via the browser instead) to ENABLE LESS SECURE DEVICES.

MAYBE THESE TIPS WILL HELP OTHERS WITH ERRORS NOT RELATED TO THE PATCH BUT SEEM SO.
    I knew about the first issue, because I encountered the same thing trying to add my daughter's account on a phone (and posted a thread about it), but I was not aware of the second issue. That is very helpful info. Edit: come to think of it, I've never had any trouble with my gmail address and it has a dot in it.. Hmm
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/01/2014 at 12:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I'm surprised they allowed two different people to have that combination, because the . is optional in gmail addresses that are created with them, so mail sent to either address should all go to the same account - or in this case, possibly both?
    Dunno what to say.. my account predates his for sure, since I started getting emails only since around 1 year. I've no idea if he gets mine, too, or if I just get his.
    And if I get all of them, or just a part... would think just a part.

I can log correctly to mine (and mine only) from a web browser, so effectively there are 2 separate accounts with 2 different passwords
    This should not be possible and id contact Google on this.

Google does not differentiate addresses based on dots. If someone else has firstlast@gmail than all variations made using dots are aliases of that box.

I just tested this: from the Google sign in page, i only typed firstlast@ and it logged into first.last@ successfully.

I've used fir.st.la.st and f.irstlast and all other configs when i want to filter input like for junk mail. You can also use actual filter words now with a plus sign prefix. You can make username+dontexpectmetoreadthis@gmaildotcom
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I knew about the first issue, because I encountered the same thing trying to add my daughter's account on a phone (and posted a thread about it), but I was not aware of the second issue. That is very helpful info. Edit: come to think of it, I've never had any trouble with my gmail address and it has a dot in it.. Hmm
    I've also never had trouble putting in my own first dot last name account. But she failed to log in a dozen times until i tried deleting the dot and it accepted immediately so it seemed that was it. Although maybe it was established without dot and she'd been using the dot alias so long she forgot which was primary.

Google authentication is so flaky now trying to force everyone to chrome and constant g+ cloud login so they can track you everywhere like skynet.

Lately they've been hassling me about and out of date browser error. Not just webOS but latest Firefox on this android latest KK? I have to switch to chrome to change gmail security settings? Annoying.
    Now I've a kind of doubt... what if that guy just made up an email and he got mine ? I know that his name is really like mine, due to having answered back to a shop that had a deal going on with him.
    I tried with a vanilla browser to log without the dot, and it goes to me

Edit... I've a suspect...

there's a @gmail.it , too... guess that some confused .it / .com

SOLUTION #1: Google was blocking access it didn't recognize. She had to switch the settings from a "desktop version" window (accessed on the phone via the browser instead) to ENABLE LESS SECURE DEVICES. (this is different than 2 step authentication)

i try your SOLUTION ,but appears Unknown error!
    thanks
  10.    #670  
    Quote Originally Posted by bahram View Post
    i try your SOLUTION ,but appears Unknown error!
    thanks
    Can you try to capture the error using Lumberjack? Try to use a custom value of google or account. It may require capturing 'everything' but that's last resort because it captures a ton of stuff and slows down your phone. You can email captured logs to me at my screen name @ gmail.com
    Now I've a kind of doubt... what if that guy just made up an email and he got mine ? I know that his name is really like mine, due to having answered back to a shop that had a deal going on with him.
    I tried with a vanilla browser to log without the dot, and it goes to me

Edit... I've a suspect...

there's a @gmail.it , too... guess that some confused .it / .com
    It sounds like he may occasionally uses your address for a junk mail alternate, or others are simply misspelling his address, possibly using the wrong domain, dot-whatever, and his mail comes to you occasionally. But if you can log into yours, you control the password. Change it and confirm your security is intact.

This happens to me a lot. Other people with my exact name have variations of my address, but i have the most basic first initial - last name config. I get a lot of useless things like rental car receipts.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Matt:

Wanted to drop a note to give you a huge thanks for this patch.
    The impending end has me firing up all my webOS devices: eu pre3; att pre3; both WiFi TPs; TP4g; my GO LTE,

Awesome work.

- Thomas
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I just put my Veer on the shelf after a nice 2.5 year run and replaced it with a new Pre 3. When I switched over my contacts all came down fine from google thanks to this patch, but I then noticed that all the new contacts had not synced up from my veer. Of course the Veer wiped itself and I lost the contacts, but there weren't that many that i can remember.

Just an FYI to make sure you are uploading or to take alternative actions to save your contacts.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Could someone please check if they can reproduce this strange bug in their Calendar?

If I click the Prefs & Accounts menu for the Calendar on my Pre3 and select "Calendar View Options" then I get a infinite loop, displaying my calendars over and over again, I can scroll forever.

Same loop occurs when I want to select Default Calendar, the drop-down menu is looped with the same two google calendars over and over again, a different color each time.

Anyone else get this behavior?
    Last edited by Andreas; 11/11/2014 at 09:40 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  15.    #675  
    Yes, this is something going haywire in the calendar synergy connector. It happens on both the 2.x and 3.x devices. For myself and most others I've seen post, going into the accounts app and turning off calendar for my google account, waiting a couple minutes, and then turning it back on has always cleaned this up.
    Andreas likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Could someone please check if they can reproduce this strange bug in their Calendar?

If I click the Prefs & Accounts menu for the Calendar on my Pre3 and select "Calendar View Options" then I get a infinite loop, displaying my calendars over and over again, I can scroll forever.

Same loop occurs when I want to select Default Calendar, the drop-down menu is looped with the same two google calendars over and over again, a different color each time.

Anyone else get this behavior?
    Known issue. It should be an easy fix.

Calendar menu bar duplicate listings
    Andreas likes this.
    We, my wife and myself, had Google sync running smoothly for a long time on two Pre's 2 (WebOS 2.2.4) and a Touchpad (3.05) using the 1.2 patch.
    Today all of them requested to check login and password for all accounts. Re-entering the password results in 'Unknown error'. The passwords are ok, have been checked by logging onto the webpage.

Google changed the procedure again?

Regards,
    Marcel
    Marcel, Today, googles new calendar api went into efffect. You are getting the message because your calendar can't sync. The Cal Dav Connector is the only way to currently sync your google calendar.

see this thread:C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud
    DamionMilliken likes this.
    Petbull,

Thanks, I was unaware that this change was coming. I'll do the 3 installs this weekend.

Marcel
    HI,
    again, I have since few days the "unknown error on sign" and no sync.

What's wrong? Any patch to solved it, like the older patch?

Thank you