Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
    I may have solved the "cannot uninstall" problem when there is no patch visible to WOSQI or Preware.

With Preemptive's suggestion above to delete the Google account and see if that solved the problem, I tried that and it didn't work. I still couldn't uninstall the patch. I had a copy of the 1.1 patch, so I tried to reinstall it, to see if I could get a fully installed patch for Preware to see. And that worked. The 1.1 patch was installed. I rebooted Luna and removed the 1.1 patch. Then I started Luna again and applied the 1.2 patch, and it took. I logged into my Google account again, and everything seems to be working. Mail is working. Calendar is working. Haven't checked Contacts yet.

I know Preemptive was having this problem. Hopefully this solves the problem for him, too.
    The remove/ add account thing is just to remove the 'too many calendars' issue which may have arisen due to past sync issues prior to patch 1.2. Someone else suggested it and I thought it might help if the local and remote events weren't syncing - not sure that it does any good here.

Thanks for you suggestion. I'll try and report back.... Is there still a link for version 1.1?

Someone listed the files altered by the patch, so deletion / restoration of originals and even manual patching could still be options.

gsync 1.2 patch install (Error) on Touchpad
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/21/2014 at 07:19 PM.
  3.    #643  
    I can't remember if I took down the 1.1 version from my site or not. You can probably guess the path. I hesitate to make it too easy so people don't accidentally grab the wrong version.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Ok, now I found some Debugging and Jave console options in the Java Control Panel - which is an extra app in Win7. I enabled it and got some output in the WOSQI console.

First I tried to install a regular app (MWU in my case) and this worked fine and I was able to remove it from WOSQI.

Then I also tried to install the https patch again although it is already installed. It still fails in the same old way.
    But I was able to remove this patch from WOSQI.
    Then I tried again to install the patch from WOSQI - but still it fails with the same symptoms and this is a typical console output that I see in the WOSQI console within few seconds everytime when I try to install the patch:
    Code:
    Exception in thread "Timer-4" java.lang.NullPointerException
            at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.Installer.processList(Installer.java:94)
            at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.Installer.access$300(Installer.java:22)
            at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.Installer$DoTransfer.run(Installer.java:250)
            at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
    I have no idea what this means in detail. I did not look at the WOSQI source code ..
    This might be a WOSQI problem - but I've only seen it with this patch. I did not try other patches yet.
    I had the same problem with the null pointer exception. Turns out it's because of the DNS issue with preware (it's causing WOSQI to crash) - check out the posts by traycer. You'll need to manually put the IP in the hosts file for ipkg.preware.org onto your computer, then you should be okay.

Worked for me on linux and windows (where the hosts file is in \Windows\System32\drivers\etc\)
    Last edited by zanardi; 09/26/2014 at 11:15 AM.
    hi
    i installed gsync 1.2 patch several times (and uninstalled it several times) on my pre3 and touchpad, but i see unknown error! thanks for any help
    Correct version of the patch. Install the patch can not.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    I had the 1.1 patch, which worked untill a month ago or so. I uninstalled it with WOSQI. But the 1.2 patch would not install with WOSQI, even though I could reinstall the 1.1 patch which I had saved. So, I put the Touchpad in USB mode, connected to my laptop, and transferred the 1.2 patch file to the TP. I then used Internalz Pro to install the patch. Luna reboot, and all is well.

However, I had to set up Google to authorize that account set up through the Google security page on the web. It will give you an authorization code to set up your Google account on the TP/Pre.
    Keeping these webOS devices current is an art. Thanks to those who keep supporting us.
    for my pre 3 where do I intervene ? Prior post wants me to uninstall the patch then delete my gmail account (I have several) & reinstall the patch & reinstall the gmail account (s) ?? Will this work to fix this ? Or shudd I visit the doktah ?? I am a mess here... I don't relish doctoring & would like to fix this simply...
    found a solution to someone not put the patch (from scratch). On the other working machine which is already a patch. With the help of WOSQI torn out 4 files (via recive file )
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/assistants/checkcredentialsassistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/assistants/syncassistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/google/gdata_lib.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/utils/xhr.jsjsjs *
    And shed a new appropriate folders. ( send file])
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/assistants/
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/assistants/
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/google/
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/utils/
    reboot and do ... I caught of Google
  10.    #650  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    for my pre 3 where do I intervene ? Prior post wants me to uninstall the patch then delete my gmail account (I have several) & reinstall the patch & reinstall the gmail account (s) ?? Will this work to fix this ? Or shudd I visit the doktah ?? I am a mess here... I don't relish doctoring & would like to fix this simply...
    Removing your gmail account won't help with installing the patch in any way - though it will stop the errors in the mean time. Honestly if you have the 1.2 patch installed, that should allow you to successfully re-add the account, but given the problems you have had, it may not. Have you ever been able to capture logs with Impostah?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I manually set up my google email and I can send and receive email but no contact and calendar sync!
    Please see screenshot of my account.what's wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12.    #652  
    I could be wrong, but it looks like you set it up as a regular email account not a gmail account. Setting it up as a gmail account should give you options for mail, contacts, calendar, and messaging.
    i installed the patch but i see Unknown error!
    my 2 calendars are all there in google & the data is fine back a long time ...I successfully sync what goes up lately, but after some folderol I got the "google sync behaviors" patch to go on which allows one to look backward & forward longer ...however, I am not getting the stuff on the phone ...how to proceed ?
    Thank you everyone. What ended up working was installing on my PC the new unofficial WOSQI referenced here: TIP: preware.net solutions for WOSQI, Preware v1.9.13 | pivotCE
    Downloaded and opened WOSQI 4.5.1.
    Then installed gsync 1.2.patch to one of my Veers
    Tried to sign in - Unknown Error.
    Rebooted and tried signing in again - unknown error still
    Removed Google account and tried adding new Google account - tried signing in again - unknown error still
    Am I missing something?
  17.    #657  
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    Downloaded and opened WOSQI 4.5.1.
    Then installed gsync 1.2.patch to one of my Veers
    Tried to sign in - Unknown Error.
    Removed Google account and tried adding new Google account - tried signing in again - unknown error still
    Am I missing something?
    Hmm, is this Veer running 2.1.2 or is it a meta 2.2.4? I had no issues on my Veer when I got it a couple months ago. I guess I'll remove the patch and reinstall to see if I can recreate it. You are doing this from the Accounts app, correct?
    I'm doing this from WOSQI
    Attempting to add account from Accounts app, yes.

Removed and tried installing it again. Failed.
    "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume- R (n)........."

Doesn't seem to let me remove older version of patch???
  19.    #659  
    Someone posted recently about re-installing the older version using internalz and then removing it again, and that allowed him to install the 1.2 version. I have tested with both internalz and wosqi without issue, but not extensively since I first wrote the patch.
    Removed all patches from the phone and installed just the gsync patch. Now it works for mail and calander. Woo Hoo.
    Now to get the phone speaker volume up????? That patch won't re-install.