Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
    It's as nearly always: The problem is right in front of the computer...

I used the old WOSQI. Tried it now with the new one: Had to install AUSMT, GNU and Lsdiff manually but now everything is up an running!

Thanks for fast reply!
    - still loving webOS -
    Grabber5.0 and TJs11thPre like this.
  2.    #622  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Have you reviewed Grabber5.0's guide? It has examples of what the text of the file should & should not look like.

[How-to] Installing .patch files on your phone or Touchpad
    Thanks. I just updated the first post with a link to the post on the previous page that details how to verify the contents of *this* particular patch. The how-to provides a general guide, but since it has happened to a couple of people recently, I thought it might be a good idea to have the specifics here.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    It's me again!

Yesterday everything with my new veer worked fine, but today the contacts don't sync any more. I tried to sync by hand and noticed that I wasn't locked in at all, even so I have all contacts on my phone. So just tried to log in an got the 'unknown error' reply.

It's kind of annoying, but I won't give up!

Any ideas?
    - still loving webOS -
    my pre 3 still not able to sync... No error messages, says "syncing" for click on it in contacts or in calendar app, what to try next ?

update: decided to remove patch & reinstall ...removed fine with webosqi4.5 but would not reinstall freshly downloaded patch from this forum ...used webosqi4.5 to send patch to fone & internals pro installed it without any delay ...so is this gonna work ? I am flummoxed !!
    Last edited by patapoof; 09/16/2014 at 06:05 PM. Reason: mor
    UPDATE 9/18/2014: Problem mysteriously disappeared.
    First the "check your password" notifications stopped, shortly after re-installing the "Google Sync fix for https" patch.
    Then finally my attempt to 'update' and validate google credentials succeeded, but still I got error trying to login to google email.
    Then I used "Manual Settings" to check the connection parameters, saw that incoming encryption was set to 'none' and changed it back to 'SSL'. which is correct and what I thought I had set.(I had done this Manual step trying alternate combinations a dozen times, perhaps I left it at the wrong setting)
    Immediately all problems disappeared, email works fine.

[Problem now obsolete, withdrawn:]
    I have spent many days reading all these posts and applying patches but still have the original problem, on my HP Veer:
    1. Perpetual notification "Check your google login and password", reappearing every 15 minutes (presumably on automatic checking for new email )
    2. Many many tries at validating the above login just fail
    3. Can't connect to my gmail account, error "login credentials rejected"

I have applied the Patch "Google Sync fix for https". I also have uninstalled and reinstalled it, with no problem, but nothing is fixed.

I have applied that patch first by selecting it from Global apps in WOSQUI, then a second time by downloading it to PC (HP pavilion) from this forum thread attachment, and adding it to WOSQUI via the "+" button.

I have no trouble logging in to GMail from the PC.
    My password contains some punctuation. This password or username is always rejected when I attempt to validate or login from HP Veer. I know I am typing the correct password on my really teensy keyboard because it shows me each character for 2 seconds before hiding it.

I have:
    HP Veer
    Developer Mode enabled
    webOS 2.1.2 (reinstalled by HP Doctor 9/6/2014)
    WOSQUI 4.5.0
    Preware 1.9.13
    Luna Manager 0.1.0
    Linux Apps:
    -AUSMT 1.2.1
    -GNUPatch 2.5.9-4
    -Lsdiff 0.3.1-1
    Patches:
    -Google Sync Behaviors Patch 2.1.2-116
    -Google Sync fix for https 2.1.2-1

gmail settings: imap, using SSL, ports 993 and 465, all correct per Google advice
    Last edited by DougInAmbler; 09/18/2014 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Problem disappeared
    Doug... do you happen to be using 2-step verification on your Google account?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Doug... do you happen to be using 2-step verification on your Google account?
    No, just UserID and password and I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    my pre 3 still not able to sync... No error messages, says "syncing" for click on it in contacts or in calendar app, what to try next ?

update: decided to remove patch & reinstall ...removed fine with webosqi4.5 but would not reinstall freshly downloaded patch from this forum ...used webosqi4.5 to send patch to fone & internals pro installed it without any delay ...so is this gonna work ? I am flummoxed !!
    bumpitty bump...
  9.    #629  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post

Sounds like an odd situation.. You are saying freshly downloaded, so you should have 1.2 - but if you can open the patch file and confirm that would be good. The syncing message seems to indicate the initial sync is failing, but it sounds like the login at least worked.
    Sprint Frankenpre on 2.0.1 with QI 4.5.1... gets "1 of 1 hunk failed"
    Tried internals pro and get similar fail
    What to do?
  11.    #631  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondoes View Post
    Sprint Frankenpre on 2.0.1 with QI 4.5.1... gets "1 of 1 hunk failed"
    Tried internals pro and get similar fail
    What to do?
    Did you verify the contents of the downloaded patch per the instructions?
    2.0.1? Is that the un-released Sprint 2.0 doctor or just an old Meta-doctor? The patch has only been tested on 2.1 and higher.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/18/2014 at 08:48 PM.
    I have withdrawn my HP Veer problem " Perpetual notification "Check your google login and password", reappearing every 15 minutes", posted last week and updated just now.
    The problem was cured via help from this forum, and finally getting all connection parameters set right.

Apologies for bandwidth used, and thanks for the invaluable patches
    2.0.1???
    Anybody get the perpetual Google Syncing Accounts notification? Never disappears for me on my Veer. Always have to swipe it away.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Grabber and all...

So, we've recently noticed that the Veer that this is working on.. has never synced calendar. Forcing calendar sync results in nothing obvious happening. Also, the contacts now contains duplicate contacts for everyone -- a copy restored from the previous Palm profile, and a copy on the Google account. For some reason, even though they appear identical, they aren't getting automerged together in the Contacts view.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Could this be the remove and re-add account solution? Probably too easy, but has anyone tried? Perhaps there's some mismatch between the restored profile info and the Google server data? The time stamps? might work... as long as you synced before swapping you wouldn't lose data if it works.
  17.    #637  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Grabber and all...

So, we've recently noticed that the Veer that this is working on.. has never synced calendar. Forcing calendar sync results in nothing obvious happening. Also, the contacts now contains duplicate contacts for everyone -- a copy restored from the previous Palm profile, and a copy on the Google account. For some reason, even though they appear identical, they aren't getting automerged together in the Contacts view.
    That is really strange. Google contacts shouldn't be restored from a palm profile backup, unless they were somehow copied into your Palm Profile - at which point they are no longer really Google anymore, right? I haven't had any problems with contacts at all on this Veer that I brought just for testing. I did just noticed I have some calendar events on here that I've deleted on another phone, but it's been off, so perhaps the calendar hasn't sync'd since I powered it back on tonight. It does have new events I just created recently though, so I think it has. Darn Google.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    right, the palm profile has a bunch of duplicates that are also in the google profile. Those -should- auto merge together to the same contact (Synergy, right? it's great when it works, and it's awful when it's broken..)

I asked her to remove and re-add the account, she said about 10 seconds later that it didn't change anything. I expect I'm going to need to get her USB cable and investigate logs. Damn being sick, though. I don't want to do anything that requires brain.,
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  19.    #639  
    LOL yeah it should, but how the did they get there in the first place? Something is clearly amiss if identical contacts aren't being linked. I hope it wasn't a literal 10 seconds, because that's not enough time to do much, let alone wait for webOS to clean up an account.
    yeah i really doubt she waited for the account removal confirm thing. otoh i know for sure in webos3.x that re-adding an account while it is removing one works fine. can't vouch for 2.x though.

I think they got there in the first place because while she was waiting for the initial download of info to complete, she started adding contacts from the messaging app.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!