Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
    someone speaks Spanish????
    Anyone else being plagued by "unknown error" today ? or is it just me and possibly a side-effect of having to doctor my Pre3 a couple of days ago ?

(running latest patch).
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Ah! wouldn't you know it! I just tried to remove my google account to stop the multiple calendars thing. I knew I'd have to install the patch to avoid the unknown error, but got the the 'patch already installed' error.

So, no patches listed in WOSQI, can't remove, can't install, 'Unknown Error' at login. Looking at the file system, I can see some files from the patching error message that appear to be copies with 'webosinternals' & 'orig'. I can't be sure if these are the remnants of the failed install or if I did actually install the patch previously (don't think so). My accounts came from linking to an existing profile.

Any way to fix without a doctor? Maybe...
    1. Remove device from palm profile - but I think this might wipe it. Then log back in to it.
    2. I have the patch on my phone, so if there is a list of files affected by the patch, I can just copy them over...

I considered trying to read the patch and make manual changes, but I'm not sure of the syntax & copying would be easier - could be a good learning experience though! ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    **** Update June 28, 2014: version 1.2 of the patch fixes the json parsing error that started recently and restores sync functionality again. Many thanks to frantid for jumping in and finding the fix when I didn't have time to work on it. Please make sure to thank him as it was done much sooner because he took the time to help. Also note: If you already have a previous verison of the gsync patch installed, you must remove the previous patch version first to restore the original files. The new patch patches all required files, not just the new one. (this is standard for any patch that is not installed from the feeds). I have added instructions for removing installed .patch files to the tutorial linked in my signature ( [How-to] Installing .patch files on your phone or Touchpad ) ****

On March 31, 2014, Google began redirecting all contact API requests to https, which broke authentication for Google accounts on webOS 2.1 and higher. Accounts already set up seem to work fine, but upon changing your password, or attempting to add a new Google account, authentication would fail with 'unknown error'. This patch fixes Google sync by using https for authentication and sync of Google contacts. It also contains a patch by frantid to fix sync of on-device changes to Google contacts back to the Google servers. This patch has been tested on 2.1, 2.2.4, and 3.0.5. It has been reported that webOS 1.4.5 is not affected, and therefore, this patch is not necessary.

If you have never installed any homebrew apps or patches on your device and need a tutorial, here is a how-to article I just finished to guide you. It contains a link to the setup guide that explains how to get your computer and your device prepared. [How-to] Installing .patch files on your phone or Touchpad

Google Contacts API change notes: https://developers.google.com/google...v3/http-update

I also uploaded a copy of the patch to my website. For those that are trying to download and install this from your device, do NOT try to download the forum attachment from your webOS device, because it will not work right -- so use this link instead: http://fordmaverick.com/GrabberSoftw...sync-1.2.patch
    I'm not savvy enough on this board to do this...would you please find all of the posts that reference the Unidentified Error for google and put in a link to this thread.

It took me HOURS to find this thread after trying a bunch of other things that were recommended before this was available. If it is possible to save time for all of the other users in the world still frustrated by this, then I'll be a happier woman.
    Well, recently restarted Touchpads and now Google Sync doesn't work.
    Tried reinstalling but no good!
    Please help - need calendar back!
  6.    #566  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    Well, recently restarted Touchpads and now Google Sync doesn't work.
    Tried reinstalling but no good!
    Please help - need calendar back!
    By restarted, do you mean simply rebooted or one of the 'erase apps and data' options in device info?
    Please post exactly what you did in sequence and what messages you received. Do you still have a version of the patch installed? Check in Preware or WOSQI and check the patched files using Internalz as was posted sometime in the last few pages.

If you can't get it, the C+DAV connector will give you a read-only view of your calendar and contacts.
    Uninstalled the previous version and installed the newer v1.2 on my Pre 3 yesterday. Use it primarily for Gmail contacts, but I've not seen success in the sync process. Am I missing a step or did Google change something again? \Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nikdp View Post
    Uninstalled the previous version and installed the newer v1.2 on my Pre 3 yesterday. Use it primarily for Gmail contacts, but I've not seen success in the sync process. Am I missing a step or did Google change something again? \Thanks
    They didn't, did they? Not again.. I doctored my phone, managed to get almost everything back, but not gmail, I have installed:
    google sync behaviors patch
    sync fix for google calendar
    sync fix fo google contacts
    google calendar login fix
    sync fix for stable upload

all of them to no avail.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    They didn't, did they? Not again.. I doctored my phone, managed to get almost everything back, but not gmail, I have installed:

all of them to no avail.
    From your list, it seems like you don't have the patch that this thread is about:
    [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)
    That is the only google-related patch I have installed and google is working for me:
    "Google sync fix for https"
    Instructions for installation are in the first post - linked above.
    -Good luck!
    Unfortunately that patch won't install, that's why I skipped it. I'm not prepared to doctor the phone after just one day. Is it possible one of the above patches conflicts?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Unfortunately that patch won't install, that's why I skipped it. I'm not prepared to doctor the phone after just one day. Is it possible one of the above patches conflicts?
    I don't know anything about those other patches as I have never used them.
    My understanding is that the only patch that addresses the recent change to Google's API access is the one I mentioned. Luckily I don't need those other patches and I was able to successfully install this one as soon as Grabber5.0 and frantid made it available.
  12.    #572  

Did you post the errors you are getting? You may have and I just missed them because of being so busy at work right now. I have removed and reinstalled multiple times to try to recreate the problems some have reported, but I have never encountered a problem when doing so.

Sent using WebOS Nation mobile app
    crowning73 likes this.

all of them to no avail.
    I think the last 4 patches you mentioned are not needed (mostly chinese character patches). Perhaps you can uninstall them in Preware/WOQI. After that try to reinstall the newest patch from this thread.

If still errors ocur and you are familiar with Internals Pro could rename the mentioned files in the error, if there is a ......webosinternals.orig in the same directory and rename that .orig to the real name, restart device and try again.

I just looked and i only have those and they don't conflict:
    google sync fix for https (most important)
    Last edited by gizmo21; 09/05/2014 at 12:58 AM.
    crowning73 likes this.
    Google Contacts API change notes: https://developers.google.com/google...v3/http-update

I also uploaded a copy of the patch to my website. For those that are trying to download and install this from your device, do NOT try to download the forum attachment from your webOS device, because it will not work right -- so use this link instead: http://fordmaverick.com/GrabberSoftw...sync-1.2.patch
    For some reason I can't download that patch, I've tried with 3 different browsers; while if I use the fordmaverick.com link and try to install the package via Preware it just gets stuck spinning and spinning.
  15.    #575  
    For some reason I can't download that patch, I've tried with 3 different browsers; while if I use the fordmaverick.com link and try to install the package via Preware it just gets stuck spinning and spinning.

You can't install .patch files with Preware - you have to use Internalz. You also can't download forum attachments directly on your device.
    You can't install .patch files with Preware - you have to use Internalz. You also can't download forum attachments directly on your device.
    Hi, installing it via Preware gives me the same error that I get when I try to install it via webosQI:

Error
    Patch installation failed
    missing header for unified diff at line 2 of patch
    the text leading up to this was:
    dentialsassistant.jsjsjs

1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    patch unexpetedly ends in middle of line
    Download the patch using a computer. That error is likely due to downloading it from a webOS device.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    I downloaded it from a PC then transferred to the Pre3 via USB.
    I downloaded it from a PC then transferred to the Pre3 via USB.
    then open with internalz providing you're in 'master mode' first, no? was this already mentioned?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    In Preware, is version 2.2.4-1 (7/13/2014) the same as version 1.2 of the patch?