Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    When installed using WOSQI, the full version number is not displayed - that only shows if you install with Internalz. There is no reason to mess with the 1.1 version any more once you have removed it the first time. What are you referring to by picture mail?
    I was hoping it was something like that, or a too long file name. Whew. I was pretty sure i followed the instructions to do the update when the latest was released.

Sms picture messages that friends were saying they had sent in the past day, were not coming through. My outgoing wasn't going or failing out either. Until i pulled from usb after the patch reinstall that is. Then they came dumping in; some multiple copies.

The 1.1 - for a moment confused i imagined needing a rollback. But patches don't work that way, which i know now from rereading your patch tutorial. Thanks for that too.
    can someone explain me the installation in Spanish
    This patch isn't working for adding a google calendar on my Pre3, I'm sure the password is correct (I use the two step security feature) but it will still say unknown error.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    The patch to synch with Google using https worked perfectly on my Pre 3 until about the 14/15th August. Now the Pre will not synch. However my Touchpad is still syncing with Google.

One recommendation above is to 'turn off' the calendar in the google account and then turn it on again. However the manual warns that doing this will delete the information in the phone calendar. Since my phone calendar has new appointments that are not synced to google doing this may mean that I loose these appointments. I would rather not risk doing this.

Any advice would be welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernest sas View Post
    can someone explain me the installation in Spanish
    Persons who speak Spanish pre2

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
    I see that something else has happened with the Google security: I also lost my Google security certificate a few days ago. Also, I have yet to get my Hotmail/Outlook security certificate to apply, even after signing into Hotmail. I even signed into Outlook for good measure. I do however still have my GCal connected, which I am really grateful for.

I'm afraid that I'm not quite understanding the posts above this, explaining what all steps I should go through to get the certificate to apply. Also, is there an already existing thread that explains what is wrong with the Hotmail being lost again, and how to get it back again?

I haven't even tried Yahoo! yet. I guess I should do that and see if that one is having problems as well.

Thanks...
    Monica
    Last edited by mpcollins; 08/18/2014 at 03:19 PM. Reason: mistake found
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    This patch isn't working for adding a google calendar on my Pre3, I'm sure the password is correct (I use the two step security feature) but it will still say unknown error.
    Do you have special characters in your password like I had? In case you have try changing your password into one without special characters.
    No, I read that, no special or bizarre characters wahtsoever if I use my main password, nor using the app specific password which I set in the 2-step gmail verification process.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Try the other patches in preware regarging google calendar. I have them installed and I have my google calendar working with my Pre 3
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    I only saw one sync-related patch on Preware, which I installed correctly, not sure what difference it makes but I'm gonna leave it there. The gsync-1.2.patch unfortunately won't install anymore.
    I only saw one sync-related patch on Preware, which I installed correctly, not sure what difference it makes but I'm gonna leave it there. The gsync-1.2.patch unfortunately won't install anymore.
    The patches I have on my Pre 3: Google calendar login fix and Google sync fix for https.

Hope it helps
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by guilledil View Post
    The patches I have on my Pre 3: Google calendar login fix and Google sync fix for https.

Hope it helps
    Hi, the Google Sync Fix For Https gives me the "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]" error when tryin to install it, while as regards the Google Calendar Login Fix it says it solves the special characters issue, which I don't have as I use the 2-step Gmail verification process.

EDIT: I got confused, the patch that gives me that error is the gsync-1.2.patch, the Google Calendar Login Fix and the Google Sync Behaviors Patch I have them installed and it still won't let me add the Gmail Calendar, unknown error (password I'm sure is correct as when I type it wrongly it says credentials are wrong).
    Last edited by crowning73; 08/21/2014 at 08:47 AM.
    Hi, the Google Sync Fix For Https gives me the "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]" error when tryin to install it, while as regards the Google Calendar Login Fix it says it solves the special characters issue, which I don't have as I use the 2-step Gmail verification process.
    According to post 1, you should completely remove earlier versions prior to installing the current version.
    [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    According to post 1, you should completely remove earlier versions prior to installing the current version.
    [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)
    I'm not sure I follow, I already checked in Preware if the patch is there

As in post #1
    Viewing installed patches using Preware:

Open the Preware app on your device.
    From the main screen, tap 'Installed Packages'.
    On the next screen, tap 'Patch'
    Your patches will be listed. Tap one of the buttons on the command menu at the bottom to change the sort order.
    To view details for a specific patch, click on the patch name.
    If you wish to remove the patch, tap 'Remove' (There is no prompt to confirm removal, so don't tap it unless you mean it)

but it's not, should I do other checks?

EDIT: I got confused, the patch that gives me that error is the gsync-1.2.patch, the Google Calendar Login Fix and the Google Sync Behaviors Patch I have them installed and it still won't let me add the Gmail Calendar, unknown error (password I'm sure is correct as when I type it wrongly it says credentials are wrong).
    Last edited by crowning73; 08/21/2014 at 08:48 AM.
    I can confirm that removing special characters from my password made synchronization work again this morning. It had worked with special characters for the past months, though.
    Here's the error when installing via WEBOSQI:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to apply gsync-12.patch
    Unable to connect to WebOS-Internals' servers
    Cannot download AUPT scripts for the patch

How am I the only one that this doesn't work for?

Developer mode is enabled.

I have AUSMP Scripts installed.

Also, for the heck of it, I installed an app through device management in WebOSQI and there was no problem. Luna restarted on it's own so I don't know what to do except just throw out my touchpad.

Any help available or this heep will be on the curb soon.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Here's the error when installing via WEBOSQI:...
    I have AUSMP Scripts installed.
    Any help available or this heep will be on the curb soon.
    Copy the patch file onto /media/internal/ in USB mode and use Internalz to install. You just need to make sure Internalz prefs are set to allow patch installs.
    Thanks a million. I finally have my gmail back.
    Grabber5.0 and Rnp like this.
  19.    #559  
    I want to thank everyone that has jumped in to answer questions in this thread recently. I have been very busy at work and have not had time to do it.
    Rnp likes this.
    I have been trying to fix this for some time and had used some older patches to no avail. I did uninstall them and restart my phone (Pre3) but I am still getting an error. here is the log - Any thoughts?

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 25744 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 25744 100 25744 0 0 35867 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 40928
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-google-sync-behaviors-patch
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-google-sync-behaviors-patch.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/foundations/submission/104/javascript/comms/ajaxcall.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    13 out of 13 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojoservice.transport.sync/submission/77/javascript/commands/synccommand.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/assistants/serviceassistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/assistants/syncassistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/models/calendar_event_query.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/models/eventfamilies.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/models/google_calendar_transformer.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/models/transforms.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/utils/utils.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/utils/xhr.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-google-sync-behaviors-patch from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-google-sync-behaviors-patch.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.