Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 887
Like Tree294Likes
  1. #521  
    Palmiga,

    I can confirm that my YouTube account logs in OK with this patch installed. I'm not sure it actually works (I've never tried it from my Pre3), but at least there are no errors when setting it up from the Accounts app.
  2. #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Go to the First post in This Thread, the links for the patch are there. This patch is not currently available from Preware, so also go to the link in that post that instructs you how to install it: [How-to] Installing .patch files on your phone or Touchpad
    It is unfortunate that it is not in Preware, but Grabber has done a great job of explaining how to get it installed.
    Oh I see, I was wondering what the link referred to: I figured I was to look for something, I just didn't know what. Sorry about that, and thanks. I'll try it tonight and let you know what happens.
  3. #523  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    When I have this problem, I install the original gsync patch and then remove it, this allows me to install the gsync 1.2 patch.

    hope this helps
    Thank you so much, I am back in the game.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  4. #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Go to the First post in This Thread, the links for the patch are there. This patch is not currently available from Preware, so also go to the link in that post that instructs you how to install it: [How-to] Installing .patch files on your phone or Touchpad
    It is unfortunate that it is not in Preware, but Grabber has done a great job of explaining how to get it installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    Oh I see, I was wondering what the link referred to: I figured I was to look for something, I just didn't know what. Sorry about that, and thanks. I'll try it tonight and let you know what happens.
    WOO-HOO!!! That did it!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    Now, to get rid of my security certificate issues and get my VivaLV apps reloaded ....
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  5. #525  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    WOO-HOO!!! That did it!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    Now, to get rid of my security certificate issues and get my VivaLV apps reloaded ....
    I just remembered: Hotmail.com, not Outlook.com!, Some 6 certificate confirms later, I've got mail! Two woo-hoos in less than 24 hours! Can my heart stand the strain?!

    Now I'm just down to getting Data Manager and Shopping Manager to install, and restore (via sate/restore) and then I will be back to normal!!!!!

    So, do I get to give myself a 'thank you' because I remembered it on my own?
  6. #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    I just remembered: Hotmail.com, not Outlook.com!, Some 6 certificate confirms later, I've got mail! Two woo-hoos in less than 24 hours! Can my heart stand the strain?!

    Now I'm just down to getting Data Manager and Shopping Manager to install, and restore (via sate/restore) and then I will be back to normal!!!!!

    So, do I get to give myself a 'thank you' because I remembered it on my own?
    Now the certificate won't stay attached. Sigh, more work to do...
  7. #527  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post

    So, do I get to give myself a 'thank you' because I remembered it on my own?
    a thank you AND a pat on the back
  8. #528  
    Hello,

    i`ve got a broken HP Pre 3 (Sim card pins are broken, can`t read sim cards anymore...), but i`ve ordered a functional one yesterday.

    Now i`m just playing around with my broken one that was lying around here for over 2 years without doing anything cause i used an android phone. I set it up into dev mode. Now i thought, i have look at the functionality of webos... or if there is any functionality, at all.

    I installed the patch via QuickInstall, but when i try to login, there is only the message, that my login data is incorrect.

    Has that something to do that Ive got no simcard installed?? Does it have something to do with the "Dr. Skipped Firstuse" WebOS Account? Will it maybe work at a complete functional HP Pre 3??! But why can i login into Skype and my Zoho.com-Mail Account?!

    More questions to come... ;-)
  9. #529  
    Check to make sure that the patch actually installed.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  10. #530  
    I checked it with WebOS Quick Install. Patch is installed, also the necessary files.

    Maybe it has got something to do that i`m in Developer Mode with the HP webos "Dr. Skipped Firstuse" account.

    Maybe i`ve got more luck with the fully functional Pre 3. I will receive it in about 2 or 3 days.

    EDIT:

    I erased the whole cellphone again. Now i activated the phone with the bypass without sim card. I plugged it into the USB cable with my PC and opened WebOSQuickInstall. Installed the Patch "gsync-1.2.patch". WOQI asked me to download and install AUSMT, Lsdiff and GNU Patch. I accepted it. The phone rebooted. I opened "Accounts" and clicked on "Add Account". I clicked on "Google" and entered my E-Mailadress (***@googlemail.com) and my password (password has got no numbers or anything, just letters). Following message came up:

    "The account credentials you entered are incorrect. Try again."

    I checked my e-mail and password uncounted times. Everything`s correct.

    So, what should i do?!

    EDIT 2:

    Im going to doctor my phone atthe moment... maybe that`s it... try and error... :-D
    Last edited by Unionjackstar; 08/14/2014 at 05:55 AM.
  11. #531  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unionjackstar View Post
    I checked it with WebOS Quick Install. Patch is installed, also the necessary files.

    Maybe it has got something to do that i`m in Developer Mode with the HP webos "Dr. Skipped Firstuse" account.

    Maybe i`ve got more luck with the fully functional Pre 3. I will receive it in about 2 or 3 days.

    EDIT:

    I erased the whole cellphone again. Now i activated the phone with the bypass without sim card. I plugged it into the USB cable with my PC and opened WebOSQuickInstall. Installed the Patch "gsync-1.2.patch". WOQI asked me to download and install AUSMT, Lsdiff and GNU Patch. I accepted it. The phone rebooted. I opened "Accounts" and clicked on "Add Account". I clicked on "Google" and entered my E-Mailadress (***@googlemail.com) and my password (password has got no numbers or anything, just letters). Following message came up:

    "The account credentials you entered are incorrect. Try again."

    I checked my e-mail and password uncounted times. Everything`s correct.

    So, what should i do?!

    EDIT 2:

    Im going to doctor my phone atthe moment... maybe that`s it... try and error... :-D
    Sometimes it happens that Google "locks" your account because you logged in from a "suspicious" or new location. It might be good to login to Googlemail from a PC to see if that is the case and allow your device to login. I had this happening a number of times in the past while traveling for work!
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Preemptive likes this.
  12. #532  
    Thanks Herrie,

    got it working again with your instruction!!! Thanks a lot!!!
  13. #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Sometimes it happens that Google "locks" your account because you logged in from a "suspicious" or new location. It might be good to login to Googlemail from a PC to see if that is the case and allow your device to login. I had this happening a number of times in the past while traveling for work!
    Good tip! Much easier than doctoring! 8-o
  14. #534  
    My Pre3 stopped syncing my Google contacts and calendar again, a couple of days ago. When re-entering the password, I get an "unknown error" while I can normally log into my Google account from a computer. I can also still receive Google mails on my Pre. Patch 1.2 was already installed in July.

    Any idea what might cause the synchronization to break once again?
  15. #535  
    My touchpad also stopped synchronizing with Google. Attempts to log in are resulting in "unknown error" too...
  16. #536  
    Thank you Grabber5.0 and fratid for your hard work. This was very helpful for me too. Maybe I have an additional hint for people running into problems later.

    I use a google-account only for syncing an unpersonal calendar between a touchpad and a pre2. Today I recognized, that I suddenly had multiple duplicate calendars with the same name syncing over my google-account on both devices. So I deleted my google-account and ran into the https-problem.

    Your patch worked flawlessly on my touchpad.
    On my pre2 after setting up my google account I got the message that "this account is not set up for calendars". So everything might have worked except the calendar that I wanted to sync. When adding the google-account in the calendar app, I got the unknown error.
    After two hours of trying and reading this complete topic I finally found an interesting older topic here:
    Can't activate Google Calendar when making new accounts - Page 3 - HP Support Forum - 2122617

    After exchanging all special characters in my password for my google-account it finally worked on my pre2. So maybe the pre2 is somewhere inside handling the encoding not correctly... (?)

    Best regards :-)
  17. #537  
    ok, using wosqi i just uninstalled they sync patch that was listed.

    i downloaded the patch from the link to my computer. i used wosqi to navigate to my patch folder. in the folder are gsync 1.1 and gsync 1.2. i chose 1.2 and installed, appearing successful.

    the package info displayed in wosqi still says version 2.2.4-1. it does NOT say 2.2.4-1.2 or anything like that.

    what am i doing wrong???

    really weird now, after pulling the phone from usb connect, it downloaded a bunch of picture mail that had been hung up, and repeated each pic like 4x.

    do i need to install the 1.1 again, then uninstall and reinstall 1.2? i dont get it.
  18.    #538  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    ok, using wosqi i just uninstalled they sync patch that was listed.

    i downloaded the patch from the link to my computer. i used wosqi to navigate to my patch folder. in the folder are gsync 1.1 and gsync 1.2. i chose 1.2 and installed, appearing successful.

    the package info displayed in wosqi still says version 2.2.4-1. it does NOT say 2.2.4-1.2 or anything like that.

    what am i doing wrong???

    really weird now, after pulling the phone from usb connect, it downloaded a bunch of picture mail that had been hung up, and repeated each pic like 4x.

    do i need to install the 1.1 again, then uninstall and reinstall 1.2? i dont get it.
    When installed using WOSQI, the full version number is not displayed - that only shows if you install with Internalz. There is no reason to mess with the 1.1 version any more once you have removed it the first time. What are you referring to by picture mail?
  19. #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    ...
    the package info displayed in wosqi still says version 2.2.4-1. it does NOT say 2.2.4-1.2 or anything like that....
    Sorry if I made this More confusing when I replied in your other thread.
    You were mentioning Preware and so I went to Preware and typed in what Preware showed for my patch install (installed via Internalz). The difference between your version info and mine made me think you did not have the latest patch. I had no idea that install method (Internalz vs wosqi) or reporting application (Preware vs wosqi) would have an effect on the reported patch version...
  20. #540  
    So am i summarizing today's posts among several threads correctly, that many of us got a hiccup in Google sync in the past couple days, resulting in data connection hangup and/or power drain, and the work around is to go into the accounts app, and toggle Google account sync on/off for calendar, contracts, or possibly other Google services exhibiting a similar fault?

    Has google made a change requiring an update to the patch?
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 08/17/2014 at 09:24 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Google Apps "unknown error"
    By llama233 in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09/05/2014, 09:44 AM
  2. Google Account Verify Password and Unknown Error Issue
    By Alan Morford in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 06/28/2014, 10:05 AM
  3. Google Apps account now showing Unknown Error when trying to sign in
    By yoshamano in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04/08/2014, 09:18 AM
  4. HELP! Itunes sync says an unknown error coccured (-69)??????
    By AlwayzRight in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01/05/2010, 02:52 AM
  5. Treo 650 Unknown Sync Error [16385]
    By coco67 in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10/26/2007, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions