Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
    Hello Grabber 5.0,
    If your gsync-1.1.patch has successfully worked with my Palm Pre+, I encounter some difficulties to install the new version gsync-1.2.patch on my TouchPad 3.0.5.
    I got this strange set of errors.
    Note: I have tried to install the version 1.1 before, but no more success to synchronize to my gmail account.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards, Jacques.

My Website:
    Polar Jack Software
    Did you uninstall version 1.1 before attempting to install 1.2? The error message appears to be detecting an already installed patch & it's been noted here that the previous version must be removed to avoid problems.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Did you uninstall version 1.1 before attempting to install 1.2? The error message appears to be detecting an already installed patch & it's been noted here that the previous version must be removed to avoid problems.
    I have imagined that extra step... But how to uninstall a patch from my TouchPad ?
    Could you send me the way ?
    Regards, Jacques.

My Website:
    Polar Jack Software
  4.    #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpiquard View Post
    I have imagined that extra step... But how to uninstall a patch from my TouchPad ?
    Could you send me the way ?
    Those instructions are in the patch file tutorial in the first post and in my signature.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Those instructions are in the patch file tutorial in the first post and in my signature.

Thanks, Grabber 5.0, all are in the instructions and now my TouchPad is restarted until next patch !!!
    Regards, Jacques.

My Website:
    Polar Jack Software
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    I tried to install the patch and it still wouldn't let me sign into google. I followed the instructions to uninstall in WOSQI and I get the following error.
    ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to uninstall ca.canucksoftware.patches.68252d1403965188-patch-google-sync-https-fix-unknown-error-sign-gsync-12

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored - - saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/google/gdata_lib.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patch unexpectly ends in middle of line

***FAILED***

This is on a Pre 3

Thanks!
  7.    #467  
    I have had no issue uninstalling any version of the patch on my Pre³. Can you post a screen shot or two, one from Preware or WOSQI showing the details of the installed patch, and one from Internalz showing the contents of the directory containing the gdata jsjsjs $files$? $I$ $want$ $to$ $get$ $a$ $feel$ $for$ $the$ $current$ $state$ $of$ $things$ $on$ $your$ $device$. $Also$ $a$ $screen$ $shot$ $showing$ $your$ $installed$ $patches$ $that$ $contains$ $the$ $gsync$ $patch$.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    [b]zapz[/u];

Had you uninstalled the old version...??

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    zapz;

Had you uninstalled the old version...??

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    If the patch installed successfully, then those are probably not causing a problem. It wouldn't hurt to temporarily remove them.. They are only needed to fix specific issues anyway - did you have those issues? If it persists, please capture some logs with lumberjack while trying to log in, and email them to me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I loaded Lumberjack on my phone and tried recreating a number of my current problems, specifically, attaching Google email, restoring Data and Shopping Manager and accessing my Outlook/Hotmail accounts after having going to Outlook.com on my phone. I am really dying to get those guys working again.

Where could I find information on how to read the log messages? I might as well try to attempt to read them, since I eventually have an app and a script that I want to write, after I do the Hello World app.

Thanks....
    Last edited by mpcollins; 05/06/2015 at 11:40 AM.
  11.    #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I loaded Lumberjack on my phone and tried recreating a number of my current problems, specifically, attaching Google email, restoring Data and Shopping Manager and accessing my Outlook/Hotmail accounts after having going to Outlook.com on my phone. I am really dying to get those guys working again.

Where could I find information on how to read the log messages? I might as well try to attempt to read them, since I eventually have an app and a script that I want to write, after I do the Hello World app.

Thanks....
    Thanks that is helpful. Look at the bottom of the third attachment (it was also in the first). The line number for the token error is the original line number, so you do not have the newest patch version installed. You need to uninstall whatever patch version you have installed and then download and install the 1.2 version. See post 279 for the same message at that line before the new patch: /webos-patches/327662-patch-google-sync-https-fix-unknown-error-sign-post3420883.html
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 07/14/2014 at 11:31 PM.
    Very silly question and sorry if someone has already asked this...
    But why isn't this available via Preware?

Vas
    Ok after installing the patch I am still getting the "Check your log-in and password" message.
    Any ideas?

Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post

Vas
    Patch portal has been hacked a long time ago and is not operational anymore. More than an year I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post

Vas
    The portal was hacked and the nature of it is too insecure to bring it back. I'm looking into getting the most critical patches added manually though. It would include this one
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    UI Designer and marcexec like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    Hello,

Sorry, I did it before I read your message... So a full reset of the Contact, i.e. setting contact sync to off in the google account, wait some time (here : full night), reboot Pre3. At this point, I enabled internet access and ... the phone survived !

Then re-activate contact sync and ...tada !!! It WORKS now !

When back home I will try to in the message log file if there is anything left.... but this will be in 4 days...

Thanks again,

Charly
    Good evening,

So I'm back with computer.... I checked the log files and of course : "messages" log file (and old versions "messages.X.gz") are only two days old and do not contain any log entries of my problem...

Sorry,

Do you need other files ?

Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
  17.    #477  
    No problem. I will have to assume something was just corrupted in the activities or contacts that was fixed when you removed and re-added them. I might not have been able to pick it out of the logs anyway.

I will try to write something up tomorrow. When you enter your password, and get the error, does it take you to the Accounts app?
    Hi Grabber,
    Sorry I have access to internet from time to time, so answering can be long!
    When I enter my password, I get the error message ("Les infos d'identification de compte que vous avez entrées sont incorrectes. Veuillez réessayer" - meaning my credentials are wrong, please retry... But my credentials are correct!) and then it loops on it inside the accounts app (just an empty password field and 2 buttons: connect and cancel. Does that answer your question?
    I've not seen anything from you since you replied you will try to write something. Maybe you forgot?

Thanks to help solving this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    Sorry, I did it before I read your message...
    So a full reset of the Contact, i.e. setting contact sync to off in the google account, wait some time (here : full night), reboot Pre3. At this point, I enabled internet access and ... the phone survived !

Then re-activate contact sync and ...tada !!! It WORKS now !
    FYI - I had a similar / same experience. I had the older patch version installed and then removed it and installed the most recent 1.2 patch version. But still I've seen sync issues in a way that some "sync" notification pops up and disappears every other second. And after some short time my Pre3 slows down and runs in TMC error (too many cards).
    So far the situation seems to be better now after disabling google accounts for calendar sync and/or for contact sync.
    Disabling these account services does remove all related events and contacts from the device. It takes a few minutes.
    Then after reboot I enabled these account services again and the sync restarted then. All items seem to be back.
    Now - after this - the situation seems to be better - no more TMC error.
    What is the recommendation when installing this patch (1.2)? Should one disable all account services and later (after reboot) enable the services again? (BTW - this might break existing links between contact profiles)

Anyway - thanks for the patch 1.2 !!!
    Hi there, I'm getting the same error. I'm using a device that was wiped and I'm trying to install this patch from fresh.

It worked the first time I did it on this Pre, but I think that might have been 1.1. Since, I've done the re-partition thing to stop the errors with storage space, so I wondered if that was part of the problem?

Any ideas?