Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemhealy View Post
    Hi Matt,
    Thanks very much for this update. Previously installed GSync1.1 on two Pre3s and worked great. Recently had to change Password and both phones showing unknown error when signing in. Patch GSync1.2 solved problem on one phone but not the other one. Wonder why this is??
    MH
    One of my dev phones had to be rebooted before I could sign in after applying the patch. Give that a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    **** Update June 28, 2014: version 1.2 of the patch fixes the json parsing error that started recently and restores sync functionality again. Also note: If you already have a previous verison of the gsync patch installed, you must remove the previous patch version first to restore the original files. The new patch patches all required files, not just the new one. (this is standard for any patch that is not installed from the feeds) ****
    Thanks a lot for the new patch!!!
    Do you know about any problems with login to Box accounts (I've got a TP)?
    I get the same error as I did when I tried to logon to my Google account.

Martin :-)
    I'm trying to load my replacement 3. I'm getting that 'error unknown' message when trying to install GMail. I loaded the patch, the phone rebooted and I tried again. I am still getting the same error. Is there another step that I might be missing?

Thanks....
  4.    #384  
    Try a full reboot (the patch install only forces a Luna restart). Capture logs with Lumberjack if you can.
  5.    #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by martinjochimsen View Post

I think there has been some discussion about it in the forums, but I am pretty sure it's a different issue.
    Possibly a red-herring from me, but...

I have the original https patch applied on my Pre3 and was getting the problem with contact synchronisation discussed above. I did the old "Google captcha" account re-activation trick and the sync. problem went away.

I have *not* applied the new patch and everything seems to have been working fine for a few days now.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Quote Originally Posted by martinjochimsen View Post

The Zombie & Dead app list
    Box.net account settings says credentials are incorret
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    The patch seems to have resolved the issue on my Touchpad. Thanks!
    Last edited by Landslug; 06/30/2014 at 12:31 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    To be certain, I need to know what error Internalz gives you when you try to install it, but if you did not remove the previous version, that is likely the cause. You do need to remove the previous version of the patch. You can do this via Preware or WebOSQuickInstall. In Preware, you need to have 'scan unknown packages' enabled (I think that is the default) so you can see it to install. In WebOSQuickInstall, it's under device management, select 'patches' from the dropdown above the list.
    Grabber, appreciate all of the work getting this figured out. I am getting the same error when trying to install the updated patch. Both WOSQI and Preware are unable to find the previous patch as well. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Grabber you rock

Installed the patch on both my Pre 3 and the TP now the mail syncs. But the "check login" is still showing up.
    I did uninstalled the old patch with preware and installed the updated patch with WOSQI.
    Did I do something wrong??
    Restarted both devices by shutting down and restart
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Try a full reboot (the patch install only forces a Luna restart). Capture logs with Lumberjack if you can.
    Ok, I rebooted. I even turned it off for a bit. Still nothing. I checked in Preware on my phone and I have the following Google patches installed:
    1. Google sync fix for https
      Google Sync Behaviors Patch
      Sync Fix for Google Calendar
      Sync Fix for Google Contacts

Could any of the others be causing a problem with the https one? Is there another patch that I should also have installed?

Thanks....
  12.    #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by adebo View Post
    Grabber, appreciate all of the work getting this figured out. I am getting the same error when trying to install the updated patch. Both WOSQI and Preware are unable to find the previous patch as well. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Please post a screen shot of the error you get so we can help.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  13.    #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    Ok, I rebooted. I even turned it off for a bit. Still nothing. I checked in Preware on my phone and I have the following Google patches installed:
    1. Google sync fix for https
      Google Sync Behaviors Patch
      Sync Fix for Google Calendar
      Sync Fix for Google Contacts

Could any of the others be causing a problem with the https one? Is there another patch that I should also have installed?

Thanks....
    If the patch installed successfully, then those are probably not causing a problem. It wouldn't hurt to temporarily remove them.. They are only needed to fix specific issues anyway - did you have those issues? If it persists, please capture some logs with lumberjack while trying to log in, and email them to me.

nevermind
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 07/01/2014 at 01:13 AM. Reason: irrelevant to this thread, cleaning up
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  15.    #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    Grabber you rock

Installed the patch on both my Pre 3 and the TP now the mail syncs. But the "check login" is still showing up.
    I did uninstalled the old patch with preware and installed the updated patch with WOSQI.
    Did I do something wrong??
    Restarted both devices by shutting down and restart
    What happens if you do re-enter your password? You shouldn't get the 'unknown error' or ILLEGAL token error with the patch installed.

anyone experience not being able to select an account as default? mine is blank, and i cannot edit the field. i usually select google here vs. HP webOS.
    solved: but i had to delete the webOS acct using impostah (WRONG: turning off adv. sys prefs would have been enough here! d'oh!)

also cannot change the tags on fields, like selecting home vs. work for an email address, within the phone contact list. but i can make these changes in gmail contacts and the change then downloads to the phone.
    solved: had to go into mode switcher and turn off advanced sys prefs

now there is no webOS acct. listed. and attempting to run backup fails. i've successfully logged into the acct. within the backup app as well as the activation tab in impostah. just rebooted, still no webOS on the acct. page or as an additional account in the contacts prefs page.

turned backup off then on. it prepares, then fails.
    i've never had a prob. with backup. do i just leave it off now???
    seems solved: used impostah to restore backup. somehow it pulled in yesterday's. ugh what a pita.

just rebooted phone and it is all messed up now. menus on the desktop are gone. icons are all over the place. idk what happened

solved as well 2am now, but set everything back to normal finally. yay!

THESE ISSUES HAVE PANNED OUT TO BE NOT RELATED TO THE PATCH, THEY JUST SEEMED TO BE. SO IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH YOUR PATCH INSTALL, YOU MAY HAVE EXTERNAL FACTORS AFFECTING IT. so bear that in mind is all. good luck.

guess i'll try doing the TP now. lol
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 07/01/2014 at 01:24 AM. Reason: just updating
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    What happens if you do re-enter your password? You shouldn't get the 'unknown error' or ILLEGAL token error with the patch installed.

I did enter it on my pre 3 as I rewoked my 2stage login password trying to resolve the login issue in the first place.
    However now the login issue is gone and all facebook and contact images as well as mail is synced as normal.

Thanks again a donation is coming your way in a few days time
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    One of my dev phones had to be rebooted before I could sign in after applying the patch. Give that a try.
    Thank you very much!! it worked - you are a genius! Am just lucky i applied the patch on the older Pre3 first! If i tried the other one first i would have given up!. BTW Donate is showing as Blocked URL??? - i am in KSA. Thanks again MH
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    OOOO SWEET JESUS HALLELUYER! I really needed my contacts and such. I even switched to my Lumia while this got fixed.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Thanks so much for sorting this out! I'd stupidly tried to unsync to get rid of the error and of course suddenly I had no phonebook!

It's wonderful to still see a dedicated few keeping Webos going for everyone else.

I was close to having to finally migrate to android! But I must say, this has reminded me to appreciate all the more each extra month I can enjoy this physical KB and great OS while my pre 3 still has legs and the community is still keeping it going.

Grabber5.0 likes this.