Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
  1.    #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    In steat of JSON.parse() you can always do eval(). This, of course, has some security implications, but it will eat A LOT MORE than JSON without complaining a bit, like this:
    var myObject = eval('(' + myJSONtext + ')');

see here:
    JSON in JavaScript
    Sadly, the google library is already using eval() to parse the json, and yet it is failing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  2.    #322  
    I think you should be able to get gmail working using a standard IMAP account: https://support.google.com/mail/trou.../1668960?hl=en
    This should even work with push messages (i.e. IMAP idle, which is supported by webOS).
    This indeed works on 2..2.4, and there is no reason it shouldn't on all 2.x and 3.x devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Sadly, the google library is already using eval() to parse the json, and yet it is failing.

So, you said you put it into JSONLint, which rules out syntactical errors for eval, too... at least I can't think of any that can hurt eval() but not JSONLint.

Something else that comes to mind is character encoding issues... maybe it now is utf-8 and was something else before (or the other way round)...

Or you are, for some reason, focusing on the wrong part of the code. Maybe something before fails undetected and produces an error there... maybe you don't get JSON but some error string?
  4.    #324  
    So, you said you put it into JSONLint, which rules out syntactical errors for eval, too... at least I can't think of any that can hurt eval() but not JSONLint.

Something else that comes to mind is character encoding issues... maybe it now is utf-8 and was something else before (or the other way round)...

Or you are, for some reason, focusing on the wrong part of the code. Maybe something before fails undetected and produces an error there... maybe you don't get JSON but some error string?
    C'mon, you know developers never chase rabbits down the wrong hole. I was going to add logging in the google function to confirm what it received, but haven't had time to sit down and work on it. I guess the cdav connector is waiting in the wings to save us all right?
    My Veer got the dreaded Dbase full error again and I had to wipe my Veer. I don't think it is a coincidence the database full error started with the google sync issues. I had to start over last week and I deleted a lot of unused apps and emails and still the error came back after a few days of constant google synch's. Not to mention my battery is for sh*t these days. I was traveling in Chicago with out email and texts due to space issues and eventually phone because the battery couldn't even charge.

Wiped this am and now I can't log into google at all. I noticed that the android guys had a google fix issued last week or so for a similar issue. perhaps their solution can help us? I have no clue.

While I understand the contact issue, why can't I sync emails with google now? I just get the reported unknown error now.

Thanks to those of you working on a solution. It's guys like you that have made this a good ride over the years!
  6.    #326  
    One other thing I meant to post this morning - there have been a couple of posts about phones running hot that have gmail contacts syncing enabled. Mine phone was partially unresponsive and hot this morning when I woke up. I checked the logs and found a ton of the illegal token errors which I think were from attempted periodic syncs. I copied all of the current log files (which were all from today due to the volume of errors) to make sure I didn't lose them, so I can check them over more later.

Garfonso - I'm figuring you will know this: can I change the sync interval in the database for the com.palm.activity for periodic contact sync for my google accounts to something much larger to temporarily stop periodic sync? The largest value I see is 1d, but not sure what the max is.
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post

I noticed that the android guys had a google fix issued last week or so for a similar issue. perhaps their solution can help us? I have no clue.
    I don't think Android uses anything that old as our proprietary sync solution but for that sake of it could you post where you got that information from ?
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    I don't think Android uses anything that old as our proprietary sync solution but for that sake of it could you post where you got that information from ?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sSyncFix&hl=en

I had originally found something else but cant locate it right now. I'll keep looking.
    I've been periodically/randomly re-entering my account passwords for my Gmail accounts yesterday and today (on the theory that I'm not insane and that something different might actually happen).

While reading the paper after breakfast this morning, I picked up my Pre3 and unlocked the lock screen, and was immediately greeted by "bong, bong, bong..." for 20+ times. Lo and behold, one of my Gmail accounts suddenly started syncing!

I have no explanation for why this happened or the timing of when it happened (it had been at least an hour since I'd last re-entered the password for that account, and maybe much longer).

My other Gmail account still isn't syncing, nor are the calendar and contacts for the account that is.

This just gets stranger and stranger.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre³ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre³ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    I saw the late-June warning on PivotCE, and a few days ago I kept getting errors on one of my accounts (all while E-Mail, Talk still working), so I got sick of it and redid the Two-Factor app specific password for it.

Calendar, contacts, E-Mail and Talk all still seems to work after the change...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Garfonso - I'm figuring you will know this: can I change the sync interval in the database for the com.palm.activity for periodic contact sync for my google accounts to something much larger to temporarily stop periodic sync? The largest value I see is 1d, but not sure what the max is.
    Deactivating is easy:
    1. Find out activity ID in impostah => activities and also the owner id
    2. do luna-send -n 1 -m OWNERID palm://com.palm.activityManager/cancel '{"activityId": "ID"}'

Increasing the delay is more tedious, because you'd have to cancel the old activity and create a new one... the activity is recreated from syncs, so it will come back some time... The interval is taken from the JSJSJS $code$ $in$ $that$ $case$... $you$ $can$ $search$ $for$ $a$ $function$ $called$ &$quot$;$getSyncInterval$&$quot$;, $probably$ $in$ $the$ $service$ $assistant$.

To completely deactivate automatic sync, you should also kill the sync on edit activities..

More info on activity manager: https://developer.palm.com/content/a...y-manager.html
    More info on the schedule value: https://developer.palm.com/content/a....html#Schedule

And I also saw choking Palm devices... it's quite possible that the google account had something to do with that, too.
    as a followup to my woes, I was able to get my email to work. It appears the issue is with the palm setup wizard. If I set it up as a generic email account, not a Google account, the email works fine and syncs with no issue. By doing this, you do not have access to calendar or contacts because it is only setting up email.

Now, I have to figure out how to set up the calendar. But the over syncing and hot battery are done, for now at least.

For those of you who are without email and getting the 'unkown error', set up a generic email with these settings:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - Requires SSL
    imap.gmail.com
    Port: 993
    Requires SSL:Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - Requires TLS
    smtp.gmail.com
    Port: 465 or 587
    Requires SSL: Yes
    Requires authentication: Yes
    Use same settings as incoming mail server

Full Name or Display Name: [your name]

Account Name or User Name: your full Gmail address (username@gmail.com).

Email address: your full Gmail address (username@gmail.com)

Password: your Gmail password
    If I set it up as a generic email account, not a Google account, the email works fine and syncs with no issue. By doing this, you do not have access to calendar or contacts because it is only setting up email.
    That is a great workaround!
    It seems like this technique to get google email PLUS the connector Garfonso is working on may cover everything:
    C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud
    -Thanks to Everyone chipping away at this!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    as a followup to my woes, I was able to get my email to work. It appears the issue is with the palm setup wizard. If I set it up as a generic email account, not a Google account, the email works fine and syncs with no issue. By doing this, you do not have access to calendar or contacts because it is only setting up email.

Now, I have to figure out how to set up the calendar. But the over syncing and hot battery are done, for now at least.

For those of you who are without email and getting the 'unkown error', set up a generic email with these settings:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - Requires SSL
    imap.gmail.com
    Port: 993
    Requires SSL:Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - Requires TLS
    smtp.gmail.com
    Port: 465 or 587
    Requires SSL: Yes
    Requires authentication: Yes
    Use same settings as incoming mail server

Full Name or Display Name: [your name]

Account Name or User Name: your full Gmail address (username@gmail.com).

Email address: your full Gmail address (username@gmail.com)

Password: your Gmail password
    You developers are magicians to those of us who don't code. This was brilliant. Got my email back. Now can you get us our contacts and calendar sync back? You guys are awesome!! Cheers from Nova Scotia, Canada!!
    C'mon, you know developers never chase rabbits down the wrong hole. I was going to add logging in the google function to confirm what it received, but haven't had time to sit down and work on it. I guess the cdav connector is waiting in the wings to save us all right?
    I think I got something worked out -- syncing going again with contacts on my TP. But I've been staring at debug sessions for hours now and I need to pull out all the debug code before I can share it out. I had to debug several places to follow the logic. But you were right a parse error, plus a JSON response error. Do you have an email I can send files to? If I don't get it out after 2 hrs, it will be tomorrow.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  16.    #336  
    You coming to my rescue again frantid? You can send them to my screen name @ gmail..com

You coming to my rescue again frantid? You can send them to my screen name @ gmail..com

I'm still just following your lead. You've got mail.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Preemptive likes this.
    This is a work around for me. I had 2 gmail accounts so set them up as generic accounts as listed above. Then as most my contacts were on gmail. I exported my gmail contacts to .vcf emailed that to myself, now that emails were working again , and then just downloaded the .vcf to the phone and ran it. updated 600 of my contacts. its not syncing but any new contacts I'm sending to my hp profile for the time being. Still no calendar but can manage without that for a while

gsync patch is not working for me either and that's on a new doctored phone
  19.    #339  
    I was able to verify frantid's change to the gdata script and tested successfully on my Pre2 and Pre3. I am having trouble generating a patch file. The patch I generated from it is incomplete for some reason (I think due to the long lines in the compacted script). I'll try again in the morning. If I can't generate one, we may have to get creative on getting it to your devices. :/

20.    #340  
    Ok good news.. I was able to generate a patch for frantid's change to the gdata_lib file and combine it with the previous version of the patch. I want to test it on a 2.1 device and a 3.0.5 device, and then I'll upload it. I don't expect to have any problems, just want to be thorough.

Of course my old Sprint Pre on 1.4.5 is happily humming along unaffected this entire time...
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 06/29/2014 at 07:47 AM.