Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
    Another update on this: Email - Unable to Sign In - Intermittent Errors

After all that, once it started working for email again, I'd tried to edit a Google contact and got the Check Login error immediately. Since I'd changed my App Password I guessed I needed your trusty patch. Installed and the error went away.

Thanks as always, Matt!
    My wife's Veer was working fine, but no, that wasn't good enough for me. She had the Palm profile as her default for contacts and I switched it to Google because, well, I thought it would be a good test. It failed. same issues. I switched her default back to Palm Profile for contacts, but the google log in error won't go away, even though her gmail and calendar update fine. This is a weird one and now the wife is pissed at me for screwing up her phone. We are approaching DefCon 5 now!
    Quote Originally Posted by DamionMilliken View Post
    petbull & beca: Same with me. Adding a contact on the phone doesn't change the result - no contact gets uploaded to Google.

mjtan: It sounds like non "-@gmail" accounts are different, perhaps in both good and bad ways.

Grabber5.0: That's an exact duplicate of what we're seeing! Well spotted! I wonder why some phones seem to be mimicing the emulator and others not? It's also a bit strange that the response is not running according to the expected "standard" as well.

mratfeld & Alasdair Burnett: Are you able to use InternalZ Pro to verify that the appropriate files have indeed been modified by the patch?
    DamionMilliken, I've now installed internalz pre, a couple of files have been updated (the last modified has now changed) . But thats as much as i can do on my own.
    Last edited by Alasdair Burnett; 06/22/2014 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Made progress.
    my bad!.. was able to add it in accounts and made my gmail.com the default for contacts.. but problem is , it's not synching the contacts
    Last edited by daniela; 06/22/2014 at 04:19 PM.
    when I click on the "gsync-1.1.patch" it comes up "68112d1396928195-patch-google-sync-https-fix-unknown-error..." so I click on that and it says "unable to open file. this file format is not supported. I don't know what to do. I bought the WOSQI homebrew app. I didn't use my phone for 1.5 years. I did a hard reset and also backdated to get app catalog. I can get my yahoo email account but not google. I can't get any calendar but hp webos account and I don't know how to get that online so I don't have to input everything from the phone. I can't sync any calendar or contacts not even yahoo. Please help. I am not real tech savvy so I need step by step. thanks.
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by repunzelori View Post
    when I click on the "gsync-1.1.patch" it comes up "68112d1396928195-patch-google-sync-https-fix-unknown-error..." so I click on that and it says "unable to open file. this file format is not supported. I don't know what to do. I bought the WOSQI homebrew app. I didn't use my phone for 1.5 years. I did a hard reset and also backdated to get app catalog. I can get my yahoo email account but not google. I can't get any calendar but hp webos account and I don't know how to get that online so I don't have to input everything from the phone. I can't sync any calendar or contacts not even yahoo. Please help. I am not real tech savvy so I need step by step. thanks.
    I recommend you read the tutorial I link to in the first post. It will help you understand all the steps you need to take. Much of that info will also be found in the homebrew app (assume you mean one of the catalog apps - the WOSQI program you need on your pc is free software). It sounds like you are doing everything from your phone. There are some key steps you need to take from your computer to prepare your phone. Also, if you do want to download and install the patch from your phone, make sure you download it from my website instead of tapping the forum attachment.

Note that there is currently a new problem with contact sync that has not been solved, so the patch will only restore your ability to use your Google calendar and gmail.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  7.    #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    My wife's Veer was working fine, but no, that wasn't good enough for me. She had the Palm profile as her default for contacts and I switched it to Google because, well, I thought it would be a good test. It failed. same issues. I switched her default back to Palm Profile for contacts, but the google log in error won't go away, even though her gmail and calendar update fine. This is a weird one and now the wife is pissed at me for screwing up her phone. We are approaching DefCon 5 now!
    Did you actually move the contacts or just change the default account? If they are still in the Palm Profile, you can always turn off contacts for the gmail account, and the calendar and email will still sync fine. Hopefully we can get this issue sorted out with contacts.
    Have you considered that this is not a webos only problem?
    After googling around I found other OS-user having problems syncing google contacts starting around last week.

What do you think?
    Alasdair,

It sounds like the patch has been applied. To check by hand, you'll need to use Internalz Pro to navigate to:
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/assistants/checkcredentialsassistant.jsjsjs
    and check that line 81 has "https" rather than "http".

Likewise lines 7 and 331 in:
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/assistants/syncassistant.jsjsjs

There is another file changed by the patch as well, but that only affects uploading, not downloading.

If these files are correct then I'm out of useful ideas for you, I'm afraid.

DrYak,

Thanks very much for posting the detailed instructions. I tried it, but unfortunately, it doesn't help the "Unexpected token ILLEGAL" issue.

berzerk,

It wouldn't be like WebOS users to consider a general issue was affecting them - we're all used to WebOS being part of the problem ;-).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Did you actually move the contacts or just change the default account? If they are still in the Palm Profile, you can always turn off contacts for the gmail account, and the calendar and email will still sync fine. Hopefully we can get this issue sorted out with contacts.
    Oh, I immediately switched back to Palm as the default, but the google error on log in kept up for the better part of the day. It must have been from the contacts because email and the calendar were fine. I rebooted and I haven't heard her complain about the issue anymore. I ain't asking, either!
  11.    #271  
    I added a note about the new problem to the first post, to hopefully slow down the number of new posts reporting this issue. Anyone else that wants to help trying to solve the json parse problem is welcome to.
    So with this new issue we will not be able to add new Google accounts? I tried to do so after the patch and I receive an unknown error.
  13.    #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by twint7787 View Post
    So with this new issue we will not be able to add new Google accounts? I tried to do so after the patch and I receive an unknown error.
    You should still be able to add new accounts. When I tested in the emulator after adding some logging, I hit sign in again after the unknown error and it added the account.
    Hmm idk what I am doing/or what is wrong then because I re-applied the patch to be safe and it booted the phone but when I go to sign in I continually get unknown error.

Should I try to enter the account another way?
  15.    #275  
    You are adding it from the accounts app right?
    Yes. I've also tried adding it from the email app; same result. I don't know what to do.

Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.
    First: Thx for the patch, the webos community is awesome.
    Next: I've all my contacts at gmail account so for me it's a big problem. My easy and dirty fix was downloading all contacts from gmail account (configuration->account->google account configuration->data tools->data download (i'm spanish, the path may be not the same, i've translated it literally from spanish)). Then i downloaded the vcf card with all of my mates and loaded it on to the pre. Finally i checked the palm account for contacts sync and at least my phone is fully functional again.

p.s. apologies for my english.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamionMilliken View Post
    DrYak,

Thanks very much for posting the detailed instructions. I tried it, but unfortunately, it doesn't help the "Unexpected token ILLEGAL" issue.
    Well, my procedure only fixes ONE of the possible problems with email & google log-in
    Sorry that this specific one didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    Gone throught the whole process on my pre3 and TP does not work.
    And yes i made sure the certificate came from google.com
    Did you tryimporting the *whole* chain ?
    "google.com", "google CA", "GeoTrust", "Equifax" ?

For me, Gaber5.0 's patch (to force https) and this fix (to force certificates on https) worked and I have my google back again.
    (Had the exact same problem with my university's IMAPS server a few weeks ago, also worked).
    This is what get in the logs:
    Code:
    [2014-06-22 06:46:51] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.accounts: **** account login exception is: {   "message": "MojoService: no errorCode supplied Unexpected token ILLEGAL",   "stack": "Error: MojoService: no errorCode supplied Unexpected token ILLEGAL; innerError: \"SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL\\n    at Object.convertJsonTextToJavaScript (javascript/google/gdata_lib.jsjsjs:$77$:$127$)\\$n$    $at$ $javascript$/$google$/$gdata_lib$.$js$:$117$:$409$\\$n$    $at$ [$object$ $Object$].&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($javascript$/$google$/$gdata_lib$.$js$:$120$:$160$)\\$n$    $at$ $javascript$/$google$/$gdata_lib$.$js$:$8$:$285$\\$n$    $at$ $clazz$.$onreadystatechange$ ($javascript$/$google$/$gdata_lib$.$js$:$95$:$440$)\\$n$    $at$ $clazz$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($javascript$/$utils$/$xhr$.$js$:$86$:$9$)\\$n$    $at$ $Future$.$_maybeDispatch$ (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$control$/$future$.$js$:$300$:$17$)\\$n$    $at$ $Future$.$setResult$ [$as$ $result$] (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$control$/$future$.$js$:$388$:$8$)\\$n$    $at$ $IncomingMessage$.$requestDone$ (/$usr$/$palm$/
    And that leads me to the gdata_lib.jsjsjs

which is the convertJsonTextToJavaScript function.
    convertJsonTextToJavaScript
    column 127 is the last "line" of minified code for that function :
    Code:
    a=eval("("+a+")");
    From a bit of google searches seems like that there's extra \n returned and it can't be converted to JavaScript object.
    Maybe the gdata_lib.jsjsjs $has$ $to$ $be$ $patched$ $just$ $to$ $see$ $log$ $what$ $is$ $the$ $json$ $string$ $and$ $figure$ $out$ $what$ $is$ $the$ $illegal$ $char$ $and$ $try$ $to$ $handle$ $it$ $correctly$.
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ith-json-parse

just food for though...

P.S. Not sure if this is a third party library or it's coming from google but it seems that if you hit http://www.google.com/uds
    which is in gdata_lib_loader.jsjsjs $you$ $get$ $a$ $bit$ $different$ $js$ $file$ $from$ $google$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You are adding it from the accounts app right?
    Ditto for me.. applied the patch, still nothing, either in the App for accounts or within the Calendar.

This is bad.. sure, I can use the online browser and get the access to the calendar through that, but....
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...