Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Just tried.

Created a new contact.
    Tried to sync contacts did noting
    Tried a backup which did not trigger a failure message but no contact synced over to my Gmail account

Not happy
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    The patch worked fine but a few days ago my TP started complaining it could not login to one Google account: "unknown error". It could login to three other Google accounts. The problem was the only non-"@gmail.com" account. In the Account App re-entering the password resulted in the same error. Strangely, when entering a wrong password the response was "Invalid credentials, please re-enter".

As I do not really need this account on my TP I just deleted it.

On my Pre with WebOS 1.4.5 everything still works ok without patch even for this troublesome account.

Regards,
    Marcel
  3.    #243  
    I haven't checked my phones recently to see if anything has changed - they were able to sync last I tested. I added my account in the emulator last night to start digging in, and there I get the unexpected token illegal message in the logs and contacts don't sync - mail and calendar sync fine. I'm not certain, but I think a change in the response is tripping up the json parser on the device. I added some logging to capture the response, which is valid according to jsonlint.com, but it fails on an eval() statement when the google client-side code tries to parse it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    DamionMilliken likes this.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I haven't checked my phones recently to see if anything has changed - they were able to sync last I tested. I added my account in the emulator last night to start digging in, and there I get the unexpected token illegal message in the logs and contacts don't sync - mail and calendar sync fine. I'm not certain, but I think a change in the response is tripping up the json parser on the device. I added some logging to capture the response, which is valid according to jsonlint.com, but it fails on an eval() statement when the google client-side code tries to parse it.

If needed I can provide you with the log from my pre or touchpad, just tell me how.
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Installed the Patch, but still get the 'unknown error'. Any ideas what to do? use an pre2

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    Hi,
    Have installed patch on my pre 3 running 2.2.4 .
    I'm still getting unknown error when signing in to a google account, ie my email.
    When I try and sign in through add email account it accepts the address and password but moves to manual set up and won't proceed to let me sign in.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    petbull & beca: Same with me. Adding a contact on the phone doesn't change the result - no contact gets uploaded to Google.

mjtan: It sounds like non "-@gmail" accounts are different, perhaps in both good and bad ways.

Grabber5.0: That's an exact duplicate of what we're seeing! Well spotted! I wonder why some phones seem to be mimicing the emulator and others not? It's also a bit strange that the response is not running according to the expected "standard" as well.

mratfeld & Alasdair Burnett: Are you able to use InternalZ Pro to verify that the appropriate files have indeed been modified by the patch?
  8.    #248  
    I don't know.. it's interesting. On my Pre3, I've only been prompted to re-enter the password for my wife's account, not mine. I need to re-test contact syncing, because it was still working on my Pre2 and Pre3 for my account. I found it interesting that the same emulator version (2.2.4) created the error. It's good though, because it's something to work with.
    Same 'unknown error' on my TP with @gmail.com account. Patch was installed several weeks now.
    I recently also have a problem with exporting data from app 'fuel' to google docs, it seems google finally dropped their old (untill now only deprecated) non-oauth login API to google docs.

Just as an additional info. If you need devices to test, feel free to contact me.

btw. Pre2 still works here, at least no message for now.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Maybe worth noting. My touchpad still receives mail which is strange. But it won't sync the test contact i just created and synced. And i get the message check your google login and password. it pops up every 5min or so.
  11.    #251  
    That is not surprising about email. Only the contact feed is affected right now it seems. You can log in, and calendar and mail will sync. I also have not received the error on my Pre2 yet, and I don't believe my Touchpad either. You would think all devices would receive the same response and e affected the same way. I did confirm my Pre3 is getting the unexpected token illegal message in the logs. Probably worth reporting to Google, and hope it passes like it did last time, while we are trying to figure out how to fix it. :/

beca likes this.
    He guys,

Just wanted to share my experience. In the last 2 days all my devices (Touchpads, Pre3 and Veer) decided to provide error messages on gmail (nothing else). Today my Pre3 suddenly started synchronising email, but my Veer still refuses (tried restarting etc.). The Touchpad also started synchronising emails but still complain about checking login and password. Haven't check calendar syncing though.

To me it appears Google has made changes, but might have tweaked things again today, or having my pre3 working is just a fluke.

Hope someone can find out what is going on as I hoped my devices to last at least another year. Anyone providing a working solution can expect a donation from me.
    Just to add some more data, my google account (gmail.com address) started bringing up the 'check your login and password' popup regularly since about a week ago. Entering the password yields 'unknown error'.

The patch has not changed this behaviour and I'm yet to get a successful login (regular attempts)

Mines an international Pre 3 running 2.2.4

Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    Just to add some more data, my google account (gmail.com address) started bringing up the 'check your login and password' popup regularly since about a week ago. Entering the password yields 'unknown error'.

The patch has not changed this behaviour and I'm yet to get a successful login (regular attempts)

Mines an international Pre 3 running 2.2.4

+1
    Well, I has some problems like that, but after I acess my gmail in desktop and the sync works...

I don't know if there is some connection, because I use the Google Plus in desktop every day...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitweeeeh View Post
    +1
    Same Problem here. Touchpad and Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    Hello, same problem here:
    - both with: Google accounts (a straigh gmail account, and an wireless provider which outsource their mail/calendar solution using google)
    - and with: my university's account (uses an IMAP provider, but also SSL encryption, like Google).

For some unknown reason, webOS is unable to update/check the latest SSL security certificate (did they all switch to OTSP or some other newer format ? I don't know)

Work around: manually add the newest certificate onto your device.

Step 1. Get the certificate
    Alternative A. command-line

use the following command for a website (in this example Google, port 443):
    Code:
    openssl s_client -connect www.google.com:443
    use the following command for an IMAPS (imap + SSL/TLS, on port 993) :
    Code:
    openssl s_client -connect bell.isb-sib.ch:993
    or use the following command for an IMAP server with STARTLS (straight IMAP on port 143, then STARTTLS to switch encryption on):
    Code:
    openssl s_client -connect mail.infomaniak.ch:143 -starttls imap
    Certificate is the base64 block between "BEGIN CERTIFICATE" and "END CERTIFICATE". Example for Google:
    Code:
    -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    MIIEdjCCA16gAwIBAgIIcVKRdSz/S7UwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEFBQAwSTELMAkGA1UE
    BhMCVVMxEzARBgNVBAoTCkdvb2dsZSBJbmMxJTAjBgNVBAMTHEdvb2dsZSBJbnRl
    cm5ldCBBdXRob3JpdHkgRzIwHhcNMTQwNjA0MDg1ODI5WhcNMTQwOTAyMDAwMDAw
    WjBoMQswCQYDVQQGEwJVUzETMBEGA1UECAwKQ2FsaWZvcm5pYTEWMBQGA1UEBwwN
    TW91bnRhaW4gVmlldzETMBEGA1UECgwKR29vZ2xlIEluYzEXMBUGA1UEAwwOd3d3
    Lmdvb2dsZS5jb20wggEiMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4IBDwAwggEKAoIBAQCzruWh
    g8nHBKtxRyagxm8CBvAaQ0VUg5aVZjgUVbIOHtLYvoTWpMY1Bi+R1hcWhG0TG5SN
    03uWUb3pGkHlNFU0wPRhxZoy4fUL0+8lUFTssIFu73VYVg9OsbyNQHel2d2GbH8s
    yCWWH2uctVu2HMX8M790DiWIR6/wwU53bbuilYkNQMcI3waIJx1hshLineWgnVMh
    Q04J1u7ji6Fv7AQCZ6Dmw1elA7NWo+q2hnOW6richX1O0q2W9YrQsmcKwkS7dkMa
    +1KgtasCa7qnPjtsNcdKGprPXAx5/20BgA2UGLCU5FpoDhovScbAg/XP1Fv43eN4
    Y62vXiMvJRuVuX4pAgMBAAGjggFBMIIBPTAdBgNVHSUEFjAUBggrBgEFBQcDAQYI
    KwYBBQUHAwIwGQYDVR0RBBIwEIIOd3d3Lmdvb2dsZS5jb20waAYIKwYBBQUHAQEE
    XDBaMCsGCCsGAQUFBzAChh9odHRwOi8vcGtpLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vR0lBRzIuY3J0
    MCsGCCsGAQUFBzABhh9odHRwOi8vY2xpZW50czEuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS9vY3NwMB0G
    A1UdDgQWBBRAcNMszbnl4JmtIhGPv2VSEGDsHTAMBgNVHRMBAf8EAjAAMB8GA1Ud
    IwQYMBaAFErdBhYbvPZotXb1gba7Yhq6WoEvMBcGA1UdIAQQMA4wDAYKKwYBBAHW
    eQIFATAwBgNVHR8EKTAnMCWgI6Ahhh9odHRwOi8vcGtpLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vR0lB
    RzIuY3JsMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBBQUAA4IBAQCN384WcpgBMh1jU0a5ZkzkmR/ZsCxV
    Nf/+h7P/gLsAj/qI/71IwOnbbeGKBs6t/8ZCAMB9BIbvoNgYFAuvDGxd4e3BbCwb
    ljbZsg4/Zc0OcARVWRZZRvGexpQYQTdHjnTDWa7v/J8ih+ibU9DGudc6nOy7Q+yt
    L9NwJt3i9n9rZgRc+4Pr9Aqf/8nKyJ51bTfOYK6uhYpBs1ycRMFCFsKUognC0mbs
    V2YPGMCu2l244iK5MDvTj1chYKzX5Fh+IT3yP97ExJ5v1rqj5hk9pdZLpm8Va60n
    T7bOxzsRxyif1UnJ/5sHdHAVRcYVjMSx8AnPl9vdxqqyr/t4/XLTDOli
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----
    ...or...

Alternative B. point-n-click

Example with Google and firefox:
    Browse to https://www.google.com

Click on the PadLock icon next to the url - You now see basic information about the encryption on the website

Click on the "More Information..." button at the bottom - You now see the "Page Info" dialog box with all the information about the web page, you'r on the security tab.

Click on the "View Certificate..." button in the middle - You new see the "Certificate Viewer" dialog box on the "General" tab with the basic certificate information.

Click on the "Details" tab - you now get detailed information on the whole certificate chain.

You can pick-up the certificate for google (last on on the chain), and download it as a file using the "Export..." button at the bottom.

Step 2. Use the certificate

If it's not on the device already, copy the certificate file to the internal memory (using USB, using SFTP/SCP, mailing it as an attachement, etc.)

start the "Device Info" app on the device.
    in the pull-down menu, pick "Certificate Manager..."

In the Security Certificates, click on the add button (icon: gears with "+")

You get a list of all ".crt" files. Pick the one you've uploaded.

Restart Luna (e.g.: using the "Luna Manager" from Preware, or doing a full device reboot, etc.)

Test

Google should work:
    - old accounts shouldn't re-ask for passwords anymore.
    - new accounts should now be possible without the "Unkown error" message.

If it doesn't work:
    - you need the patch for new google accounts.
    - you might need to add the others certificates from the chain
    - you're sure you got the certificate from main .com domain? Google has a tendency to redirect to country specific domains (like .ch)...
    I just had the Google login message pop up again on my TP Go. In Mail I had no Google e-mail from Monday onward and the exclamation point reminding me to login. Today I went into just the Google inbox and manually synced, and my mail showed up and the login alert went away. I've just been trying to log in through Accounts until now. I didn't think about working from within the mail program.

I'll let you know if this works again. And I'll capture the logs too.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
    - both with: Google accounts (a straigh gmail account, and an wireless provider which outsource their mail/calendar solution using google)
    - and with: my university's account (uses an IMAP provider, but also SSL encryption, like Google).

For some unknown reason, webOS is unable to update/check the latest SSL security certificate (did they all switch to OTSP or some other newer format ? I don't know)

Work around: manually add the newest certificate onto your device.

Alternative A. command-line

use the following command for a website (in this example Google, port 443):
    Code:
    openssl s_client -connect www.google.com:443
    use the following command for an IMAPS (imap + SSL/TLS, on port 993) :
    Code:
    openssl s_client -connect bell.isb-sib.ch:993
    or use the following command for an IMAP server with STARTLS (straight IMAP on port 143, then STARTTLS to switch encryption on):
    Code:
    openssl s_client -connect mail.infomaniak.ch:143 -starttls imap
    Certificate is the base64 block between "BEGIN CERTIFICATE" and "END CERTIFICATE". Example for Google:
    Code:
    -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    MIIEdjCCA16gAwIBAgIIcVKRdSz/S7UwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEFBQAwSTELMAkGA1UE
    BhMCVVMxEzARBgNVBAoTCkdvb2dsZSBJbmMxJTAjBgNVBAMTHEdvb2dsZSBJbnRl
    cm5ldCBBdXRob3JpdHkgRzIwHhcNMTQwNjA0MDg1ODI5WhcNMTQwOTAyMDAwMDAw
    WjBoMQswCQYDVQQGEwJVUzETMBEGA1UECAwKQ2FsaWZvcm5pYTEWMBQGA1UEBwwN
    TW91bnRhaW4gVmlldzETMBEGA1UECgwKR29vZ2xlIEluYzEXMBUGA1UEAwwOd3d3
    Lmdvb2dsZS5jb20wggEiMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4IBDwAwggEKAoIBAQCzruWh
    g8nHBKtxRyagxm8CBvAaQ0VUg5aVZjgUVbIOHtLYvoTWpMY1Bi+R1hcWhG0TG5SN
    03uWUb3pGkHlNFU0wPRhxZoy4fUL0+8lUFTssIFu73VYVg9OsbyNQHel2d2GbH8s
    yCWWH2uctVu2HMX8M790DiWIR6/wwU53bbuilYkNQMcI3waIJx1hshLineWgnVMh
    Q04J1u7ji6Fv7AQCZ6Dmw1elA7NWo+q2hnOW6richX1O0q2W9YrQsmcKwkS7dkMa
    +1KgtasCa7qnPjtsNcdKGprPXAx5/20BgA2UGLCU5FpoDhovScbAg/XP1Fv43eN4
    Y62vXiMvJRuVuX4pAgMBAAGjggFBMIIBPTAdBgNVHSUEFjAUBggrBgEFBQcDAQYI
    KwYBBQUHAwIwGQYDVR0RBBIwEIIOd3d3Lmdvb2dsZS5jb20waAYIKwYBBQUHAQEE
    XDBaMCsGCCsGAQUFBzAChh9odHRwOi8vcGtpLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vR0lBRzIuY3J0
    MCsGCCsGAQUFBzABhh9odHRwOi8vY2xpZW50czEuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS9vY3NwMB0G
    A1UdDgQWBBRAcNMszbnl4JmtIhGPv2VSEGDsHTAMBgNVHRMBAf8EAjAAMB8GA1Ud
    IwQYMBaAFErdBhYbvPZotXb1gba7Yhq6WoEvMBcGA1UdIAQQMA4wDAYKKwYBBAHW
    eQIFATAwBgNVHR8EKTAnMCWgI6Ahhh9odHRwOi8vcGtpLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vR0lB
    RzIuY3JsMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBBQUAA4IBAQCN384WcpgBMh1jU0a5ZkzkmR/ZsCxV
    Nf/+h7P/gLsAj/qI/71IwOnbbeGKBs6t/8ZCAMB9BIbvoNgYFAuvDGxd4e3BbCwb
    ljbZsg4/Zc0OcARVWRZZRvGexpQYQTdHjnTDWa7v/J8ih+ibU9DGudc6nOy7Q+yt
    L9NwJt3i9n9rZgRc+4Pr9Aqf/8nKyJ51bTfOYK6uhYpBs1ycRMFCFsKUognC0mbs
    V2YPGMCu2l244iK5MDvTj1chYKzX5Fh+IT3yP97ExJ5v1rqj5hk9pdZLpm8Va60n
    T7bOxzsRxyif1UnJ/5sHdHAVRcYVjMSx8AnPl9vdxqqyr/t4/XLTDOli
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----
    ...or...

Alternative B. point-n-click

Example with Google and firefox:
    Browse to https://www.google.com

Click on the PadLock icon next to the url - You now see basic information about the encryption on the website

Click on the "More Information..." button at the bottom - You now see the "Page Info" dialog box with all the information about the web page, you'r on the security tab.

Click on the "View Certificate..." button in the middle - You new see the "Certificate Viewer" dialog box on the "General" tab with the basic certificate information.

Click on the "Details" tab - you now get detailed information on the whole certificate chain.

You can pick-up the certificate for google (last on on the chain), and download it as a file using the "Export..." button at the bottom.

Step 2. Use the certificate

If it's not on the device already, copy the certificate file to the internal memory (using USB, using SFTP/SCP, mailing it as an attachement, etc.)

start the "Device Info" app on the device.
    in the pull-down menu, pick "Certificate Manager..."

In the Security Certificates, click on the add button (icon: gears with "+")

You get a list of all ".crt" files. Pick the one you've uploaded.

Restart Luna (e.g.: using the "Luna Manager" from Preware, or doing a full device reboot, etc.)

Test

Google should work:
    - old accounts shouldn't re-ask for passwords anymore.
    - new accounts should now be possible without the "Unkown error" message.

If it doesn't work:
    - you need the patch for new google accounts.
    - you might need to add the others certificates from the chain
    - you're sure you got the certificate from main .com domain? Google has a tendency to redirect to country specific domains (like .ch)...
    Gone throught the whole process on my pre3 and TP does not work.
    And yes i made sure the certificate came from google.com

Still no luck
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrYak View Post

Interesting, but generally has nothing to do with this specific problem. There is no issue with the SSL connection and the response is being returned fine - it just is failing to parse. I have been able to capture the response that leads to the 'unexpected token illegal' error and there is nothing wrong with it.